What’s the latest info on Lightning Sorc?

TrixxieTriss

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm speechless. I guess to this guy big dps numbers matter more than rating lol

1. i don't care about rating

2. i don't play for rating

3. i play against actual teams left in this game with actual knowledgeable players, what do you play against? solomeme players?

4. in case u haven't noticed 99% of the arena games with tank + healers are won when one team does more dmg than the other team unless ur doing 4s against actual, coordinated teams which from the looks of it u don't since ur simply a forum warrior putting soloq on a pedestal so yes big dps numbers > rating but hey don't let me stop u from running a garbage tactical where u have to cast 4/5 ur abilities in a soloq setting when multiple ppl are hitting you :rak_02:

oh and fyi from the screenshot i won the round so what's this thing about not winning with damage again?

Edited by IamtherealKyle

1. i don't care about rating

2. i don't play for rating

3. i play against actual teams left in this game with actual knowledgeable players, what do you play against? solomeme players?

4. in case u haven't noticed 99% of the arena games with tank + healers are won when one team does more dmg than the other team unless ur doing 4s against actual, coordinated teams which from the looks of it u don't since ur simply a forum warrior putting soloq on a pedestal so yes big dps numbers > rating but hey don't let me stop u from running a garbage tactical where u have to cast 4/5 ur abilities in a soloq setting when multiple ppl are hitting you :rak_02:

oh and fyi from the screenshot i won the round so what's this thing about not winning with damage again?

Imagine thinking granked is relevant lmao. What a sad, sad puppy :(

Just remember folks, he literally typed "yes big dps numbers > rating"

Edited by JediMasterAlex

Imagine thinking granked is relevant lmao. What a sad, sad puppy :(

uh when did i say it's more relevant? i just simply explained to u 99% of the time u win arena games when u do more damage than the other team esp if there are tank + heals involved? reading's hard.. but if anything i said YOU are irrelevant

gotta love the whole "shift the argument to the relevancy of soloq vs 4s just because this guy made valid points and i have nothing to say" rebuttal tho

Just remember folks, he literally typed "yes big dps numbers > rating"

again, if you had eyes you would see that i won the round where my team (me) did more damage than the other team's healing + damage, sooo... :rak_02::rak_02::rak_02:

Edited by IamtherealKyle

uh when did i say it's more relevant? i just simply explained to u 99% of the time u win arena games when u do more damage than the other team esp if there are tank + heals involved? reading's hard.. but if anything i said YOU are irrelevant

gotta love the whole "shift the argument to the relevancy of soloq vs 4s just because this guy made valid points and i have nothing to say" rebuttal tho

again, if you had eyes you would see that i won the round where my team (me) did more damage than the other team's healing + damage, sooo... :rak_02::rak_02::rak_02:

Winning one round in one match with that tactical is utterly meaningless, and tank/heal games are the minority in solo ranked.

I've used both tacticals extensively in solo ranked already this season. Stormwatch's single target damage is vastly superior, and much more frequently useful. Elemental convection is only good when you know the other team will stay clumped up for significant periods of time, and if that's the case, you'd probably be better off as madness with slow mercy anyway. In other words, you have no clue what you are talking about at all.

I've yet to see anything resembling a valid point from you. Like I said before, enjoy bronze!

Edited by JediMasterAlex

Winning one round in one match with that tactical is utterly meaningless, and tank/heal games are the minority in solo ranked.

I've used both tacticals extensively in solo ranked already this season. Stormwatch's single target damage is vastly superior, and much more frequently useful. Elemental convection is only good when you know the other team will stay clumped up for significant periods of time, and if that's the case, you'd probably be better off as madness with slow mercy anyway. In other words, you have no clue what you are talking about at all. Like I said before, enjoy bronze!

sigh, why do kids always throw rating around when they can't make valid points

i love the fact that you contradicted yourself first by saying damage doesn't matter and then you are saying stormwatch's damage is higher for single target, so which is it? does damage or not?

also love how ur neglecting the fact that you have to stand still and cast 4/5 of your abilities with stormwatch while you have the mobility to move and damage on demand with elemental convection which again like you said if tank + heals games are minority it'd make elemental convection even better b/c of mobility

ur not vry bright dude

also stop using rating + flairs as an insult in 2019 it's getting cringey i don't even get a **** about rating but i will leave this here just to prove my point that rating =/= skill and you are as clueless as it gets

https://i.imgur.com/F0yzwZG.png

https://i.imgur.com/zFGcp0D.png

bronze btw

Edited by IamtherealKyle

sigh, why do kids always throw rating around when they can't make valid points

i love the fact that you contradicted yourself first by saying damage doesn't matter and then you are saying stormwatch's damage is higher for single target, so which is it? does damage or not?

also love how ur neglecting the fact that you have to stand still and cast 4/5 of your abilities with stormwatch while you have the mobility to move and damage on demand with elemental convection which again like you said if tank + heals games are minority it'd make elemental convection even better b/c of mobility

ur not vry bright dude

also stop using rating + flairs as an insult in 2019 it's getting cringey i don't even get a **** about rating but i will leave this here just to prove my point that rating =/= skill and you are as clueless as it gets

https://i.imgur.com/F0yzwZG.png

https://i.imgur.com/zFGcp0D.png

bronze btw

You type like a certain US politician speaks, and you're calling me "not vry bright"? lol

Imagine using "cringey" is an insult and claiming that big numbers matter more than rating. I really hope you're just trolling.

More random screenshots of irrelevant numbers are not "valid points" by the way.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

You type like a certain US politician speaks, and you're calling me "not vry bright"? lol

Imagine using "cringey" is an insult and claiming that big numbers matter more than rating. I really hope you're just trolling.

More random screenshots of irrelevant numbers are not "valid points" by the way.

?

higher damage and winning has a very positive correlation in arena games whether they are tank + heal games or they are just dps games especially in an uncoordinated, garbage environment filled with memes like soloq; if you dispute that you are in denial

and those ss are linked in response to you calling me a "bronze" player as if rating means anything since 2.0. now that i actually linked u a ss showing that i have something you yourself hold such a high standards for you have nothing else to say other than "i hope you are trolling u said dps > rating"? LOL

typical

Edited by IamtherealKyle

?

higher damage and winning has a very positive correlation in arena games whether they are tank + heal games or they are just dps games specially in an uncoordinated, garbage environment filled with memes like soloq; if you dispute that you are in denial

Relevant damage to the proper targets matters, not useless fluff aoe damage.

and those ss are linked in response to you calling me a "bronze" player as if rating means anything since 2.0. now that i actually linked u a ss showing that i have something you yourself put so high on a pedestal for you have nothing else to say? LOL

typical

Honestly, I didn't even look at the screenshots. I'm posting between queues. If those are actually you, I'm assuming they must be from group ranked "kickball" lol

Also, I was tier 1 in season 1 if you really care about rating from then.

And last, serious question, why do you type like you're 12 years old?

Edited by JediMasterAlex

Relevant damage to the proper targets matters, not useless fluff aoe damage.

Honestly, I didn't even look at the screenshots. I'm posting between queues. If those are actually you, I'm assuming they must be from group ranked "kickball" lol

Also, I was tier 1 in season 1 if you really care about rating from then.

And last, serious question, why do you type like you're 12 years old?

group granked kickball? we did challenges whenever we did kickball no rating was involved stop talking out of your *** lmao

sorry i should've rephrased: rating meant nothing since 2.0 and even before 2.0 only rating that mattered was 4s rating and even then rating =/= skill and if you hold rating on a pedestal approaching 2020 ur a clown

group granked kickball? we did challenges whenever we did kickball no rating was involved stop talking out of your *** lmao

sorry i should've rephrased: rating meant nothing since 2.0 and even before 2.0 only rating that mattered was 4s rating and even then rating =/= skill and if you hold rating on a pedestal approaching 2020 ur a clown

By the way, whoever this person is has started messaging me and stalking me in game. It's quite amusing lol.

Edit: Update - He said he was going to log to another toon to "farm me" but I went like 5-1 after that and I still don't know who he is.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

Ok, I decided to get the Elemental convection tactical last night (I already had the Storm watch tac) so I could test what people are saying. I do see the potential of it being helpful in some 8 man maps requiring lots of AOE pressure. ie Void Star.

I already had the Gathering storm set bonus. But I still need to fix my stats because I’ve used left side from another Alt which has pushed my alacrity and Crit out if whack.

What I would like to know is what’s the method / rotation used with EM tac. I figure I use thundering blast to proc chain lightning then volt rush and back to chain lightning for the instant. But what do I do after that.

And also do I let more charges build for volt rush because it builds damage the most on the third use?

To make things simpler. Let’s look at what a full pve rotation against a group of (hard) mobs would look like and then we / I can try and work out a priority rotation.

I tried this on a dummy to test. I started with hard cast on crushing darkness, force speed, polarity shift, recklessness, affliction, thundering blast, lightning flash, chain lightning, volt rush, chain lightning, crushing darkness, shock, thundering blast, chain lightning, volt rush, chain lightning, force speed, polarity shift, lightning bolt x2, thundering blast, lightning flash, chain lightning, volt rush, chain lightning... rinse and repeat.

Now I know that’s not practical in pvp. But I take a lot of my grouped priorities to proc instants and keep dots up in pvp, I obviously don’t follow a full rotation.

It would be good to know what’s the best “mini” rotations / grouped priorities I should be concentrating on when using elemental convection?

And what about volt rush? It only does the most damage on the third cast. Am I only using it once as filler to proc chain lightning a second time or am I supposed to build it to three with a double cast in there some where. I noticed a second volt rush straight after the second chain lightning doesn’t proc chain lightning again.

And if I find my self in a 1v1, what’s the best way to use it to my advantage?

Any help from our resident elemental convection build would be appreciated ;)

ie, tactics, strategy and mini rotations.

Ok, I decided to get the Elemental convection tactical last night (I already had the Storm watch tac) so I could test what people are saying. I do see the potential of it being helpful in some 8 man maps requiring lots of AOE pressure. ie Void Star.

I already had the Gathering storm set bonus. But I still need to fix my stats because I’ve used left side from another Alt which has pushed my alacrity and Crit out if whack.

What I would like to know is what’s the method / rotation used with EM tac. I figure I use thundering blast to proc chain lightning then volt rush and back to chain lightning for the instant. But what do I do after that.

And also do I let more charges build for volt rush because it builds damage the most on the third use?

To make things simpler. Let’s look at what a full pve rotation against a group of (hard) mobs would look like and then we / I can try and work out a priority rotation.

I tried this on a dummy to test. I started with hard cast on crushing darkness, force speed, polarity shift, recklessness, affliction, thundering blast, lightning flash, chain lightning, volt rush, chain lightning, crushing darkness, shock, thundering blast, chain lightning, volt rush, chain lightning, force speed, polarity shift, lightning bolt x2, thundering blast, lightning flash, chain lightning, volt rush, chain lightning... rinse and repeat.

Now I know that’s not practical in pvp. But I take a lot of my grouped priorities to proc instants and keep dots up in pvp, I obviously don’t follow a full rotation.

It would be good to know what’s the best “mini” rotations / grouped priorities I should be concentrating on when using elemental convection?

And what about volt rush? It only does the most damage on the third cast. Am I only using it once as filler to proc chain lightning a second time or am I supposed to build it to three with a double cast in there some where. I noticed a second volt rush straight after the second chain lightning doesn’t proc chain lightning again.

And if I find my self in a 1v1, what’s the best way to use it to my advantage?

Any help from our resident elemental convection build would be appreciated ;)

ie, tactics, strategy and mini rotations.

rotation is simpler than you think with elemental convection, ur overthinking it:

force storm to get chain lightning proc -> affliction on everyone -> chain lightning -> force speed + polarity shift + recklessness (always force speed before using polarity) -> thundering blast -> chain lightning -> volt rush -> chain lightning and then after that you repeat from the start but you can substitute lightning bolt with force storm if you are getting tunneled a lot otherwise i rarely use lightning bolt

u only use 1 stack of volt rush at a time the point of volt rush is to proc ur chain lightning so u don't want to waste the charges

don't use crushing darkness or lightning flash with elemental convection unless u really have to

Edited by IamtherealKyle

rotation is simpler than you think with elemental convection, ur overthinking it:

force storm to get chain lightning proc -> affliction on everyone -> chain lightning -> force speed + polarity shift + recklessness (always force speed before using polarity) -> thundering blast -> chain lightning -> volt rush -> chain lightning and then after that you repeat from the start but you can substitute lightning bolt with force storm if you are getting tunneled a lot otherwise i rarely use lightning bolt

u only use 1 stack of volt rush at a time the point of volt rush is to proc ur chain lightning so u don't want to waste the charges

don't use crushing darkness or lightning flash with elemental convection unless u really have to

Ok, thanks.

Why not throw in a lightning flash? It does pretty good damage on its own. I can understand not using crushing darkness and I’m so grateful I won’t have to (I hate stopping to cast it).

Also, if I have time for an opening hard cast, would using chain lighting, FS, proc chain lighting, volt rush, chain lightning, work too?

(That’s not including polarity shift & recklessness in there some where).

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Ok, thanks.

Why not throw in a lightning flash? It doesn’t pretty good damage on its own. I can understand not using crushing darkness and I’m so grateful I won’t have to (I hate stopping to cast it).

Also, if I have time for an opening hard cast, would using chain lighting, FS, proc chain lighting, volt rush, chain lightning, work too?

(That’s not including polarity shift & recklessness in there some where).

Because by the time you finish your second set of chain lightning proc (volt rush + chain lightning) ur first set of chain lightning (force storm/thundering blast/lightning bolt if needed) should be back up again there is no point wasting a gcd for a mediocre single target ability when the entire tactical revolves around procing ur chain lightning. Think of the chain lightnings as two separate sets; as for ur other question yeah u can do that but I usually just get the proc with my force storm and then put affliction on everyone by the time I’m done dotting everyone my chain lightning should be off cd again so I would have recklessness for double crit thundering blast + chain lightning

Also I wasn’t clear on this before run high alacrity for lightning and if u really want u should try and aim for about 2134 alacrity or some ****. I don’t remember exact amount but aim for higher than that number just in case the reason being when you pop polarity with that amount of alacrity your gcd would be 1.1 seconds during polarity shift. So normal alacrity = 1.4gcd with high alacrity = 1.3 gcd and with 2134 it’s 1.1 gcd during polarity

Edited: u should always use recklessness with thundering blast assuming you have affliction on the target so you get the benefit of double criting most of the idiots don’t know this but the extra crit goes to ur multiplier I believe I don’t remember the math behind it but either way it’s always more damage to use recklessness with thundering blast and affliction and then use the second charge of recklessness with chain lightning

Edited by IamtherealKyle

Because by the time you finish your second set of chain lightning proc (volt rush + chain lightning) ur first set of chain lightning (force storm/thundering blast/lightning bolt if needed) should be back up again there is no point wasting a gcd for a mediocre single target ability when the entire tactical revolves around procing ur chain lightning. Think of the chain lightnings as two separate sets; as for ur other question yeah u can do that but I usually just get the proc with my force storm and then put affliction on everyone by the time I’m done dotting everyone my chain lightning should be off cd again so I would have recklessness for double crit thundering blast + chain lightning

Also I wasn’t clear on this before run high alacrity for lightning and if u really want u should try and aim for about 2134 alacrity or some ****. I don’t remember exact amount but aim for higher than that number just in case the reason being when you pop polarity with that amount of alacrity your gcd would be 1.1 seconds during polarity shift. So normal alacrity = 1.4gcd with high alacrity = 1.3 gcd and with 2134 it’s 1.1 gcd during polarity

Edited: u should always use recklessness with thundering blast assuming you have affliction on the target so you get the benefit of double criting most of the idiots don’t know this but the extra crit goes to ur multiplier I believe I don’t remember the math behind it but either way it’s always more damage to use recklessness with thundering blast and affliction and then use the second charge of recklessness with chain lightning

Ok, makes sense. I guess I will only be using lighting flash when I’m in a LoS / kiting situation and my lag is preventing be getting instants off (it seems to work even when my back is to them, which is probably my lag).

I can see how popping affliction on everyone is beneficial (although tabbing a group can be a pain if it keeps going back to the same 2-3 players), but I’ll try and limit my hard cast to single target situations and spam affliction first.

Yeah, I always pop reckless before thunder if I’m concentrating and not day dreaming. When I don’t, it’s because I’ve forgotten to use it for half the match (oops).

Edit: so I’ve set my alacrity at 2155 or 11.50% (closest I could get to 2134 using Nimble Enhancements).

Edited by TrixxieTriss

2128 is the actual number, as I already told you.

I’m sort of limited to using the enhancements I’ve already got. Which are the nimble 80 ones. The closest I can get to 2128 is 2155. It can’t be helped until I can either make or justify using the newer augments or I get a larger assortment of enhancements. At which point I can tweak a bit more.

One thing you can help me with if you don’t mind is stacking the other stats. I know I need over 3000 Crit for this meta, but what about after that?

The reason I’m unsure is because any content that’s not pvp or actual lvl 75, has its power, mastery and endurance capped. Now that wouldn’t have been a problem for me in the past, but I’ve been doing a lot of pve stuff and it seems like such a waste stacking extra mastery or power augments that will only ever be used in pvp.

Obviously I’m not using accuracy in pvp and I have a couple of left side pieces I swap when doing pve.

So what to do? I’m assuming there’s a soft cap on Crit and having too much alacrity is just as wasteful as stacking extra mastery and power.

Any suggestions?

I’m sort of limited to using the enhancements I’ve already got. Which are the nimble 80 ones. The closest I can get to 2128 is 2155. It can’t be helped until I can either make or justify using the newer augments or I get a larger assortment of enhancements. At which point I can tweak a bit more.

One thing you can help me with if you don’t mind is stacking the other stats. I know I need over 3000 Crit for this meta, but what about after that?

The reason I’m unsure is because any content that’s not pvp or actual lvl 75, has its power, mastery and endurance capped. Now that wouldn’t have been a problem for me in the past, but I’ve been doing a lot of pve stuff and it seems like such a waste stacking extra mastery or power augments that will only ever be used in pvp.

Obviously I’m not using accuracy in pvp and I have a couple of left side pieces I swap when doing pve.

So what to do? I’m assuming there’s a soft cap on Crit and having too much alacrity is just as wasteful as stacking extra mastery and power.

Any suggestions?

Well, if you care about capped pve content, then just stack crit after you have the amount of alacrity you want. With the amount of alacrity you have, you should end up with about 3600 crit (though once you equip some accuracy for pve, your crit will be significantly lower). Some people argue in favor of stacking crit that high in pvp as well, mainly so that thundering blast auto crit is bigger, so it wouldn't be a complete waste.

The best mods are r-2, r-3, r-5, but in capped content they won't matter. The best crit enhancements to use are r-18, r-19, but in capped content you're best off using whichever ones give the most crit.

accuracy for pve can be covered with sha-tec 19 ear, 2 implants and 1 acc aug. this puts you at 110.29% (edit: plus accuracy stin)

easily swappable for all toons and lets you meta build your otherside

Cool, that’s exactly what I’ll do. At the moment I’ve been swapping the 2 implants and using a stim. I’ll get myself an accuracy aug and put it on an ear to also swap out when not in pvp.

Well, if you care about capped pve content, then just stack crit after you have the amount of alacrity you want. With the amount of alacrity you have, you should end up with about 3600 crit (though once you equip some accuracy for pve, your crit will be significantly lower). Some people argue in favor of stacking crit that high in pvp as well, mainly so that thundering blast auto crit is bigger, so it wouldn't be a complete waste.

The best mods are r-2, r-3, r-5, but in capped content they won't matter. The best crit enhancements to use are r-18, r-19, but in capped content you're best off using whichever ones give the most crit.

Thanks for the info. I’ve been wondering about the r-x versions. I’ve a spread sheet that Kre’a posted early in the meta and it seemed to point to r-2 being the best mods. But I’m lucky to just get any 306 lethal 80 mod because all that seems to drop are 80a or 80b.

I didn’t know about the enhancements. The spread sheet was very vague on those. So your info will be really useful (not that I’ve got any of those at the moment)

Does the r-x versions you listed also correlate to the nimble enhancements too or are they different. At the moment mine are all nimble 80.

I am willing to sacrifice a little bit of wasted power or mastery to use in pvp. What should I be using first?