Is it me or are the Empire ships OP...??

Stosh_Cowski

I won't pretend I'm not frustrated because I am. I've been playing flight sims since, well....since Reagan was in office. I'm not a newcomer to them and will always take a stab at flight sims in one way or another.

Anyways...I'm playing GSF and I'm trying to enjoy it. I read some other threads about others having issues getting better at it so I don't feel so bad.

But....after playing about 2 dozen matches (I think)....I've come to the conclusion that I think, SOMEHOW, the Empire ships are OP'd. I've come to this conclusion only based on my experiences.

I started keeping a tally after about 15 games. Most of which the Republic lost & lost terribly!

My tally shows that the Republic wins 2 out of every 10 games, or 1 out of 5. And I'm not talking loosing by a few points. I'm talking about loosing BIG!! Within 60-90 seconds, we're already down, in the neighborhood of 22-72. That's just for starters. Within 2-3 minutes, it's like 48 to 300! Some games end up where the Republic won't even break 300!

I know, I need to get better. I understand that. But generally in a "good" game, I come in 5th or better.

Each game, from what I can see, has all random people in them, so can't blame it on the same people.

Anyways...has anyone else run into this issue yet? I stick it out too the end to get as many points as I can.

I'm now keeping more detailed notes, as best as I can with what limited time I have in the scoreboard after each game.

But I'd like to hear from others. Again, me aside, I can't see how loosing that much is just coincidence.

And let's keep the "that's cuz, you suck" bashing to nil. I'd like to think we're all adults here & don't need to be bashing me or anyone else. Let's act our age, not our shoe size. :)

The ships are identical stat/performance wise, as far as I know.

What you are experiencing is a server faction imbalance when it comes to skill, it happens in ground PVP as well. Are you playing at the same time each day? You might like to try queueing at different times to see if you can play with different groups of people, the faction balance may be different at different times of the day.

Otherwise, if you can't beat 'em...

Since I was traveling last week, I didn't get in until this weekend and it started out rough. As I've upgraded my ships, it has gotten better. Will only be worse as I travel this week as well so will fall more behind. All I can do at that point is take my lumps as I try to catch up.

It's a weird feeling in this game where bolster exists in the ground game, but it's not unheard of for a lot of games to have progression like this.

I won't pretend I'm not frustrated because I am. I've been playing flight sims since, well....since Reagan was in office. I'm not a newcomer to them and will always take a stab at flight sims in one way or another.

Anyways...I'm playing GSF and I'm trying to enjoy it. I read some other threads about others having issues getting better at it so I don't feel so bad.

But....after playing about 2 dozen matches (I think)....I've come to the conclusion that I think, SOMEHOW, the Empire ships are OP'd. I've come to this conclusion only based on my experiences.

I started keeping a tally after about 15 games. Most of which the Republic lost & lost terribly!

My tally shows that the Republic wins 2 out of every 10 games, or 1 out of 5. And I'm not talking loosing by a few points. I'm talking about loosing BIG!! Within 60-90 seconds, we're already down, in the neighborhood of 22-72. That's just for starters. Within 2-3 minutes, it's like 48 to 300! Some games end up where the Republic won't even break 300!

I know, I need to get better. I understand that. But generally in a "good" game, I come in 5th or better.

Each game, from what I can see, has all random people in them, so can't blame it on the same people.

Anyways...has anyone else run into this issue yet? I stick it out too the end to get as many points as I can.

I'm now keeping more detailed notes, as best as I can with what limited time I have in the scoreboard after each game.

But I'd like to hear from others. Again, me aside, I can't see how loosing that much is just coincidence.

And let's keep the "that's cuz, you suck" bashing to nil. I'd like to think we're all adults here & don't need to be bashing me or anyone else. Let's act our age, not our shoe size. :)

From what I've seen browsing around, it seems that sometimes on some of the servers, the population of one faction is skewed more than the other. The reason the Empire could be winning more is that they just might have more players queueing, increasing the odds that there are more skilled pilots flying. I know on Ebon Hawk I have just under a 2:1 Win Loss ration flying on the Empire's side, but I have definitely had games where the Pubs have smashed my team in about 1-2 minutes (which is probably a gross exaggeration on my part) by capping all three satellites.

Alot can also depend on how well you and your teammates are coordinating and what the ship make-up of your team is like. I've found that when I'm placed on teams where no one communicates I more often struggle to win as I have to pay more attention to which objectives are in trouble to rescue them. I also dread whenever I see an over-abundance of a particular ship type, like to many strike fighters and no scouts, or more than three gunships. Seeing 4 or 5 gunships as even in the hands of a skilled pilot, their a support ship, which means their in trouble if they have to cap/defend an objective.

The bottom line is that there is no real one factor that could be leading to the number of imperial victories that you've seen.

Heres a hint to instant superstardom in the starfighter world:

You can convert your

Green Currency ----------> Purple Currency

for just a few cartel coins!! It took me like 3 days to figure this out... Aaaaah that's how they have all those ships upgraded already!! ! GG!!!!!!

Edited by Warlord_Maliken

No Imp ships are not OP at all I have been flying both sides and well got on Imp side and we got smashed lol so yea there ya go but you mush upgrade ya ships

It's you.....or the random draw of your groups....or your server. In the groups I've run with on The Harbinger, the Republic teams are owning the Imp teams.

On my server, the exact opposite thing happens, the Republic seems to win overwhelmingly often. The ships are literally the same on each side just with different skins. I believe it is more about the players than the ships.

Exactly. People just always default to the OP excuse when they lose.

Heres a hint to instant superstardom in the starfighter world:

You can convert your Green Currency ----------> Purple Currency for just a few cartel coins!! It took me like 3 days to figure this out... Aaaaah that's how they have all those ships upgraded already!! ! GG!!!!!!

I'll save you three more days of figuring things out....the "purple currency" or Fleet Req only unlocks ships and different companions. You need the "green currency" or Ship Req to actually upgrade the ships. So you're completely off base there. It's amazing how many people are clueless on this and have posted pay 2 win rants about the CC conversion when you can't even buy upgrades with the Fleet Req.

It's you.....or the random draw of your groups....or your server. In the groups I've run with on The Harbinger, the Republic teams are owning the Imp teams.

Exactly. People just always default to the OP excuse when they lose.

I'll save you three more days of figuring things out....the "purple currency" or Fleet Req only unlocks ships and different companions. You need the "green currency" or Ship Req to actually upgrade the ships. So you're completely off base there. It's amazing how many people are clueless on this and have posted pay 2 win rants about the CC conversion when you can't even buy upgrades with the Fleet Req.

You upgrade using fleet req. still you need to farm several fighters for their double ship req. however this is only shifting your req from one ship to another for a few cartel points.

Actually, you can use fleet reqs for ship upgrades, too. It's a 1 to 1 conversion. So, if you have 500 ship reqs and 1000 fleet reqs you can get a 1500 req upgrade.

The fact that you manage brag about how clueless everyone is, without knowing the truth yourself is awesome..

The FACT is that you can convert every ship requisition to fleet requisition, using cartel coins.. And that Fleet requisition can be used to upgrade your ship, just like the ship requisition.. And this ive done.. So get your facts straight..

I have played 137 games and won 114 of them with republic... most of my wins are againts imps. I have never defeated republic with over 900 points lead, but I have done same againts imps many times. I guess most republic teams just work better together. I mean intercepting gunships focusing on satelites and thinking about bigger picture not just scout with low health ahead of you. Ofcourse there is exceptions and then there is couple of really exceptional imps that feel like they can carry whole team with them or atleast rep has alot more trouble if one of them is in the enemy team.

What you are experiencing is a server faction imbalance when it comes to skill, it happens in ground PVP as well.

Same here (on Vanjervalis Chain). No reason to play any form of PvP after 10 P.M. - because then it's time for them to go onto the battlefield ...

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

They arnt OP. Your just not as skilled as the players in those ships.

And yet more chucklehead comments. If you don't have anything useful to contribute move on, troll.

Well, I took some advice of another poster & created a Bounty Hunter just to try my hand at the Empire side. Got in to look at the specs of the ships. Yeah...I was totally wrong. Appears to be same specs overall...just different ship designs.

I'm just going to plug away at it. I didn't get good at Falcon 3.0 or 4.0 for that matter overnight. And for those not familiar with either of those games...google image them. I became proficient in both of them over time. And that comment goes out to the people that had nothing but derogatory comments to contribute. You learn those games, you come see me & I'll be the one to tell you to "l2p" or be the one to tell you your not as skilled.

Thanks to those that offered up helpful comments. I'm in game as we speak plugging away at it!! ;)

Complete misinformation; you can use purple fleet currency for anything, including upgrades. You're the one who is not only off base, you're not even in the ballpark's parking lot.

Thank you for the obvious, Captain Chucklehead. :cool:

Dude... you started a thread titled "Is it me or are the Empire ships OP...??" , and he's somehow the Chucklehead?? When in fact the capabilities of the ships on each side are identical.

In other words.. you are being ironic here IMO.

Edited by Andryah