Invincible Scout

OpeningToEndgame

There was a Scout parked under a satellite sitting idle. I used my Railgun to hit him SIX TIMES...for 1500+ damage each, and the damage was not registering. He didn't die. How the (&(&^ can a Scout be that powerful? It wasn't lag, it wasn't me being crazy and seeing things. That's 9k dmg and then he came after me and practically one shot me.....in a SCOUT.

Are you sure you actually hit him? Did you see the damage numbers or is this simply what you are assuming you hit him for based on your charge? Also, how much time pass between the shots? Because he may as well just regenerated his shields in between.

It's probably lag - when someone lags out they become unhittable for several seconds before they lag out or regain connection. I've seen this on multiple occasions. They need to fix this so that laggy players are vulnerable just like they are in regular pvp.

There are a few players that are using third party programs to lag their connection out. I wouldnt worry though as once the server catches up, they get booted and ejected from the battle anyway, complete with zero rewards.

I have suspected this as well - though I have no hard evidence to show this is indeed happening. If this is the case, it's sad that people are already cheating. And I don't think they automatically get kicked - I've seen certain individuals zig-zag teleporting the whole match without getting booted.

There are a few players that are using third party programs to lag their connection out. I wouldnt worry though as once the server catches up, they get booted and ejected from the battle anyway, complete with zero rewards.

depends on the lg if it's short enough they don't get booted.. happened before (voidstar anyone?), will happen again. And no one seems to care.

Space seems to be coded differently. The server doesnt seem to tolerate lag well.

Not sure if it is relevant, but I had several matches where one of the enemies, instead of flying fluently, moved in short, constant jumps - it looked like an Operative spamming Exfiltrate indefinitely.

Edited by Danylia

Not sure if it is relevant, but I had several matches where one of the enemies, instead of flying fluently, moved in short, constant jumps - it looked like an Operative spamming Exfiltrate indefinitely.

That's them lagging for one reason or another.

For the record, those people are not invincible. When first starting, I killed one on my gunship while he was doing that. The thing is that he usually isn't where he appears to be. When I got the kill, I "missed" my target. Also, good news is when they are lagging, they are far more likely to smack into something...and it's also going to be nearly impossible for them to hit something else.

I have not seen and can not comment on someone being invincible.