3. Rests in Peaçe

4. Rest in Peaçes

5. Shields of Destinies

6. Rests in Peaces

7. Syndicate

8. Shield of Destinies

9. Syndicaté

10. DSGC

Any of those guilds care to explain what that is all about?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see any explanation being required. These are groups of sister guilds that are good at recruiting and motivating players to maximize Conquest Points. Given the way CP are awarded these days (I'm in support of this current situation, BTW), I could instead say "These are groups of sister guilds that are good at recruiting and motivating players to play a lot of SWTOR."

You can see the same situation to some extent on Satele Shan, for example.

You missed the point.

No, that is *exactly* the point.

There are two organisations that we can call a "guild":

* An in-game contstruct that has a name and members, and appears on the Conquest lists.

* A group of IRL humans.

If the group of humans is big enough, they can fill multiple in-game constructs and drive them all to gather lots of points, which means that the group of humans is very good at recruiting. (Or has lots of alts, and is very good at recruitting its own alts.)

I don't see any explanation being required. These are groups of sister guilds that are good at recruiting and motivating players to maximize Conquest Points. Given the way CP are awarded these days (I'm in support of this current situation, BTW), I could instead say "These are groups of sister guilds that are good at recruiting and motivating players to play a lot of SWTOR."

They are neither of those things, they are notorious for spam inviting new players on the starter planets.

At least they are targeting the same planet, it's like sanctuary (on SF) , they've 4 guilds, but most of the time, they target the same planet, as not to push out other guilds. But I was hopping around servers the other day to see what I had, and noticed, the same guilds, on all the planets, they basically had a monopoly on CQ planets. Can't remember who, or which server, as it wasn't my home server. But as long as these guilds are targeting the same planet, and not hogging them all, then fair play to them.

The solution has been presented to the devs and asked for or begged for many years. It’s a very simple solution and that’s to increase the limit size for members in a guild so they don’t need multiple guilds.

They could also add a member limit range for each of the categories of yield.

Small Yield 1-100 members

Medium Yield 101-400

Large Yield 401+

I just threw out those numbers to illustrate my point. I don't really know the member cap or anything. One could argue that "Mega Guilds" could still occupy the small yield planets, but it would be harder to do since they would have to have each of the sister guilds full of quality players who's conquest missions aren't blocked by the legacy limits, and that would be hard to do without guild perks and exp/rep bonus. (I assume rep and exp bonus are still based on number of subscribers in the guild) Though this route might make it harder to acquire the conquest achievement

Edited by AFadedMemory

They are neither of those things, they are notorious for spam inviting new players on the starter planets.

It takes time and energy to do that, and most of the time the invites are rejected. Of the ones who accept the invite most leave the guild pretty fast. You have to have quality players and results before the spam inviting even helps you.

It takes time and energy to do that, and most of the time the invites are rejected. Of the ones who accept the invite most leave the guild pretty fast. You have to have quality players and results before the spam inviting even helps you.

The problem is any conquest points contributed by those players STAY with the guild even after they leave or get kicked. And that is exactly why they spam invite, it's not about quality or even whether those players stay or leave, as long as they contribute some points before gquitting it's already a win for the guild at that point.

At least they are targeting the same planet, it's like sanctuary (on SF) , they've 4 guilds, but most of the time, they target the same planet, as not to push out other guilds. But I was hopping around servers the other day to see what I had, and noticed, the same guilds, on all the planets, they basically had a monopoly on CQ planets. Can't remember who, or which server, as it wasn't my home server. But as long as these guilds are targeting the same planet, and not hogging them all, then fair play to them.

These guilds also have alt guilds targeting medium & large yields. Most weeks for months now they get 2 out of 3 invasions targets (with Stroke My Wookie usually beating em on the third invasion target). Also chances are that the ones you saw on other servers are actually also these guilds, they have a presence on multiple servers.

And they do have a monopoly on the conquest planets, as a matter of fact on Darth Malgus theres been quite some drama involving this guild for the past 2 months or so, ranging from harassment of other guilds to them exercising their monopoly on the conquest planets to dictate who does and doesn't get to join them for the achievements/titles (people known to have alts in guilds on their "blacklist" not allowed naturally). It's gotten so bad I've actually seen people forming groups for stuff on fleet actively excluding guildmembers from these guilds in return (not something I personally approve of).

Either way, conquest has seen a significant overhaul in last few years, it is probably time BioWare takes another look at Invasions as well. The system as it is now doesn't really do much to promote fair competition (even if just amongst bigger guilds) when it usually just ends up coming down to who can get the most chars to stand on flagship spending all day crafting or the most people to farm adds in EV.

Edited by Darthjantom

The problem is any conquest points contributed by those players STAY with the guild even after they leave or get kicked. And that is exactly why they spam invite, it's not about quality or even whether those players stay or leave, as long as they contribute some points before gquitting it's already a win for the guild at that point.

I'm not saying spamming isn't beneficial. However, people don't typically join a guild unless they have Max rep/exp bonus, or are already in the top ten of a conquest planet. Even the perks the guild buys for the flagship is a determining factor. These aren't acquired through spamming invites. You need time and quality members. All the guilds I've been apart of had players earning millions of conquest points. It's true that spamming keeps them it the top spots, but I promise that it wasn't how they got there.

There was a guild doing that on SF, inviting people, then kicking them when the got cq. Not sure if anything was done about it. It's crappy behaviour, and reflects badly on the game & players :/

And they do have a monopoly on the conquest planets, as a matter of fact on Darth Malgus theres been quite some drama involving this guild for the past 2 months or so, ranging from harassment of other guilds to them exercising their monopoly on the conquest planets to dictate who does and doesn't get to join them for the achievements/titles (people known to have alts in guilds on their "blacklist" not allowed naturally). .

This is bullying and harassment, if you've any proof, or anyone does, they should send it to the CM's, this sort of stuff shouldn't be tolerated .

There was a guild doing that on SF, inviting people, then kicking them when the got cq. Not sure if anything was done about it. It's crappy behaviour, and reflects badly on the game & players :/

This is bullying and harassment, if you've any proof, or anyone does, they should send it to the CM's, this sort of stuff shouldn't be tolerated .

Pretty sure that falls under harassment and is reportable for both things, Sadly they are probably targeting new players with this who wouldn’t know what recourse they have against such behaviour.

I nearly want to create a new Alt on DM to go under cover to expose this rubbish. LoL, I use the words nearly because with 330ms ping, it ain’t gonna happen.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Pretty sure that falls under harassment and is reportable for both things, Sadly they are probably targeting new players with this who wouldn’t know what recourse they have against such behaviour.

I nearly want to create a new Alt on DM to go under cover to expose this rubbish. LoL, I use the words nearly because with 330ms ping, it ain’t gonna happen.

There was a video going around showing it, people being brought in, then kicked, and has been sent on, whether something was done, we'll never know. Hopefully someone can do the same on DM,

The problem is, I'm not sure the CM/Mod, or anyone will actually do anything about it.

The solution has been presented to the devs and asked for or begged for many years. It’s a very simple solution and that’s to increase the limit size for members in a guild so they don’t need multiple guilds.

The thing is these guilds fill up their ranks with ninja invites so even if they increase that cap they will still have tons of alt guilds because they will as I said fill it with ninja invites, if however the devs made something like a cooldown for ninja inviting, that would be interesting..

There is quite a lot of proof being gathered atm and will be sent to the devs, but the devs have been silent regardless of how many tickets were made about this topic..

I got the point. 1 group(s), multiple guilds, playing on small yield planets.

Not just small yield planets. They are also present with their main guilds on large yield planets. Now what this does is they're effectively camping all the conqueror achievements.

It's all within the rules, mind you, but it makes it difficult for other guilds to do conquest and get those achievements. And that can't be what BW intended with conquest. It certainly takes the point away from other guilds that are trying to compete but don't have such a recruitment style where they grab and kick people or set a minimum amount of points or you get kicked etc.

In essence it falsifies the competition. They found an exploit for conquest for all intents and purposes. They are playing within the rules but this is a recent development and it can't be good for the game. If people were to give up on conquest it might cause players to stop playing cause they'll have "nothing left to do".

For updated context:

https://imgur.com/uEPxTg6

https://imgur.com/0erAA6I

https://imgur.com/NO0nsw1

That's over 400 million conquest points by one group.

2 weeks ago this same group was able to compete head-to-head for the same planet as Stroke my Wookie on even footing and obtain ~150-200 million conquest points, or comfortably compete for one of the other planets to win.

Notably for that competition with SMW they focused all their efforts on one guild that week I believe, as their other guilds weren't on the leaderboard at the time.

Unfortunately I don't have screenshots of those, only going off memory.

That seems to be working for them. You just seem to have brought an inter-guild rivalry to the forums like others before you have tried in other, recent, threads.

Beat them. Or join them. If you have evidence of wrong-doing report them to the developers with evidence.

Whether your guild made it to the leaderboard doesn't matter anymore, does it? #2 or #20, the rewards are the same.

When going for #1, isn't it better when you just have to beat their best fraction instead of a 4000 member mega guild?

As a player who wants the achievements, join them with an alt. By the time they realize you're just leeching titles, (doubt they even care as long as you meet the quota) you already have them and can play with your actual guildies again.

Edited by Mubrak

As a player who wants the achievements, join them with an alt. By the time they realize you're just leeching titles, (doubt they even care as long as you meet the quota) you already have them and can play with your actual guildies again.

And this exactly where the inter-guild drama comes in.

This guild has a preemptive ban list of all legacies confirmed to be in "rival" guilds or other guilds on their "blacklist", essentially you join ONLY them or not at all. So pretty sure they know most are only in it for the titles/achievements.

That seems to be working for them. You just seem to have brought an inter-guild rivalry to the forums like others before you have tried in other, recent, threads.

I am neither in a rivalry with em, nor do I want anything to do with em. I am merely relaying some context of what's been going on since at the very least this last October, they are at war with multiple bigger guilds on the DM server, there have been multiple GM meetups/discussions about this situation, there have even been attempts to mediate a peace by the people running the DM Discord, but it was all for naught, and what we are seeing right now in this week's Invasions top 10's is still very much part of all of this.

Either way, as I said before, BioWare should certainly take another look at Invasions, while conquest itself has been updated several times now in the past few years, Invasions have been virtually untouched outside of them adding the small/medium/large yields.

Edited by Darthjantom