Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

team balance?

NiamhSuisei
12.10.2013 , 06:01 AM | #1
How are teams balanced? or are they just totally random? I've been in countless games that end in 10/1000, simply because one team is 2 default ships per player, and the other is 5 upgraded ships and better. Totally unbalanced. (the odd occasion where the teams do manage a similar shipcount the scores are 960/1000 and such, and it's a much better game.)

Not saying that having more than 2 ships makes you an uber-player, but if you have more it's a sign you've been playing *a lot* and so have rep to upgrade. Can we get some more reliable balance going here?

(and i's been like this since the day after release, some people must have played 50 games the first day lol)

AlrikFassbauer
12.10.2013 , 06:38 AM | #2
It's a server-thing, apparently. And maybe even connected to the daytime.
You can change your own starfighter each time you respawn, by the way.
Complex minds
Cope with
Complex problems.

NiamhSuisei
12.10.2013 , 06:42 AM | #3
I'm not talking personally, I've enough rep to buy new ships and have level 2 the default. But generally, there needs to be some balancing, either by upgrade level or xp or what have you.

Can you imagine in February when all the ftp players get their defaults, and launch in and face a team with 2 months worth of upgrades? Not going to be fun, or funny.