Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Fighter Respec

HillbillyLove's Avatar


HillbillyLove
12.09.2013 , 07:55 PM | #1
we need a fighter respec option!!

subs free

non subs
1000 point respec 10 cartel points


how bout it!!
Peace Can Only Be Achieved By Kicking The Snot Out of Your Enemies.

Sangrar's Avatar


Sangrar
12.09.2013 , 08:07 PM | #2
No, respecs are only in the ground game for the skill tree because its a limited amount of points. However with GSF you can get ship requisition points forever, its just a matter of spending them on something worthwhile or not. If you don't like what you chose, that's your fault and you can save up to get what you want next time around.
Click this REFFERAL LINK for free character transfer, free inventory slot, and one week free sub time for preferred and subscribed accounts! You can read more about it HERE

Mallorik's Avatar


Mallorik
12.09.2013 , 08:23 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Sangrar View Post
No, respecs are only in the ground game for the skill tree because its a limited amount of points. However with GSF you can get ship requisition points forever, its just a matter of spending them on something worthwhile or not. If you don't like what you chose, that's your fault and you can save up to get what you want next time around.
What you say totally makes sense, but the power of the cartel coin will over come that common sense.

ptwonline's Avatar


ptwonline
12.09.2013 , 09:07 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Sangrar View Post
No, respecs are only in the ground game for the skill tree because its a limited amount of points. However with GSF you can get ship requisition points forever, its just a matter of spending them on something worthwhile or not. If you don't like what you chose, that's your fault and you can save up to get what you want next time around.
Can you buy a second of the same fighter? If not, then what happens if you make what turns out to be a bad choice in the upgrade tree of a component?

TrinityLyre's Avatar


TrinityLyre
12.09.2013 , 09:39 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
Can you buy a second of the same fighter? If not, then what happens if you make what turns out to be a bad choice in the upgrade tree of a component?
You can freely change the optional choices (the last two of some upgrade paths) at no cost to you outside of GSF matches. If you buy a component you don't like, you can buy the correct component.
Anastasie / Phytia The Bastion
Respected and Despised & Insert Guild Name Here
Check out my Galactic Starfighter Compendium and contribute!

Gavin_Kelvar's Avatar


Gavin_Kelvar
12.09.2013 , 09:56 PM | #6
I think it would be better if fleet req was used to respec. But I agree respecing (perhaps on a individual component basis) would be nice. Starting out I bought a bunch of different upgrades trying to figure out which fit my playstyle best. It would be nice to have some of that ship req back so I could reinvest it in the components that fit my style rather than stuck spent on components I will likely never use again after giving them a try.

Phrase's Avatar


Phrase
12.09.2013 , 10:33 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by TrinityLyre View Post
You can freely change the optional choices (the last two of some upgrade paths) at no cost to you outside of GSF matches. If you buy a component you don't like, you can buy the correct component.
This. There really is no need for respec with the way the devs designed this mini-game.

Sixgun
Satele Shan

Gavin_Kelvar's Avatar


Gavin_Kelvar
12.09.2013 , 10:58 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Phrase View Post
This. There really is no need for respec with the way the devs designed this mini-game.
Perhaps not a respec but what about the option to sell a component back like you can with stuff you buy for comms? Perhaps you buy a component you really don't like so being able to get a refund on it would be nice.