Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

FT-6 Pike / F-T2 Quell Load out discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
FT-6 Pike / F-T2 Quell Load out discussion

Oteefo
12.09.2013 , 06:36 PM | #1
Following needalight's format from his thread here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=704715

Figured I'd start one about the "Other" Strike Fighters....

I'm currently using:

Primary Weapon: Quad Laser Canon (L2)
Secondary Weapon 1: Concussion Missiles (L2)
Secondary Weapon 2: Proton Torpedo (L1)
Shield: Quick-Charge Shield (L2)
Engine: Barrel Roll (L1)
Armour: Lightweight Armour (Mastered)
Capacitor: Range Capacitor (L2)
Magazine: Munitions Capacity (L1)
Thrusters: Turning Thrusters (Mastered)

She seems to be a fairly sturdy ship....but I don't really have much to compare it to.....

Wha'chu guys runnin'?
SW:TOR: The K'vos Legacy (Canderous Ordo)
SW:G : Oteefo / Axox / Voosrik / Oov Irfiis (Tempest - Valcyn - Radiant - Flurry)
Xbox: Paddayappa

Royox
12.09.2013 , 06:38 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Oteefo View Post
Following needalight's format from his thread here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=704715

I'm currently using:

She seems to be a fairly sturdy ship....but I don't really have much to compare it to.....

Wha'chu guys runnin'?
The ship seems ok with 2 kind of missiles....but the lack of ion cannon hurts me....

Oteefo
12.09.2013 , 06:42 PM | #3
I have just been learning about the Ion cannon.....I may have to try that out as well.....
SW:TOR: The K'vos Legacy (Canderous Ordo)
SW:G : Oteefo / Axox / Voosrik / Oov Irfiis (Tempest - Valcyn - Radiant - Flurry)
Xbox: Paddayappa

Foambreaker
12.09.2013 , 06:50 PM | #4
I've been running proton/cluster, I really like the clusters in close, they lock fast. The proton then cluster combo is not terrible either when approaching.

I miss retro thrusters bad though. Still contemplating the overall tradeoff value.

Sportiva
12.09.2013 , 06:59 PM | #5
I have just been learning about the Ion cannon.....I may have to try that out as well.....
Do you mean Ion Missiles? I thought the Pike could only load out two types of missiles not two types of cannons.
Master Jaice Jenod Guardian | Velo Jenx Gunslinger | Master Gira Jenx Sage | Major Jaxen Jenod Vanguard
Saena Jenod Mercenary | Dulymus Jenod Operative | Darth Scoura Assassin | Darth Zetara Marauder

Caernos
12.09.2013 , 07:50 PM | #6

I'm currently using:

Wha'chu guys runnin'?
On my Quell I'm running with the following

Primary Weapon: Quad Laser Canon
Secondary Weapon 1: Cluster Missiles
Secondary Weapon 2: Concussion Missiles
Shield: Quick-Charge Shield
Engine: Koigran Turn
Armour: Deflection Armour
Capacitor: Frequency Capacitor
Magazine: Munitions Capacity
Thrusters: Speed Thrusters

I like the quads for their mid range capabilities. I went with clusters because I tend to end up in a lot of fights where I'm circling a satellite and the quick lock-on time is great for making people juke away. Concussions for if I'm chasing someone or going head to head. Usually the combination of my quad cannons followed by a concussion missile will either kill them, or drop them below half health.

I kept the quick charge as it's one less thing I then have to manage when I'm trying to get a missile lock. I swapped the barrel roll for the Koigran turn. Barrel roll has that great boost of speed and breaks missile locks, but of the evasive manuevers it is the one I feel I have the least control over (which is funny cause I suicide more with my retro's on my Rycer than I do anything else).

I dropped the range capacitor for the frequency capacitor to try and get a few extra shots fired when I'm in a dog fight or chase. Taking the shields on an incoming ship that much faster means that my missile will do that much more damage. Kept the munitions capacity as let's face it, this is a missile boat, once you're out of missiles you're hosed. I'm using deflection armor right now, but I'm thinking of swapping it for reinforced armor (we'll see, not like its not cheap to buy these components and their upgrades). I kept the speed thrusters cause I like being able to get to the mid point almost as quickly as the scouts do at the beginning of a match when I'm boosting.

I will say that the cluster and proton torp combo is pretty deadly too. I used proton torps on the PTS weekends and found they were easy to use as long as you kept in mind that its easier to get a lock at range than up close. And its a very satisfying missile to watch when it hits a target, creates a real pretty explosion.
Cynfor Cinderheart and the Cinderheart Legacy: The Ebon Hawk
The FanFic Works of Caernos:
Red Invitation, Parents,
Beskar Bonds and Cinder Hearts

Luneward
12.10.2013 , 01:10 AM | #7
Primary Weapon: Quad Laser Canon
Secondary Weapon 1: Cluster Missiles
Secondary Weapon 2: Proton Torpedo
Shield: Quick-Charge Shield
Engine: Barrel Roll
Armour: Lightweight armor
Capacitor: Range Extender
Magazine: Munitions Capacity
Thrusters: Speed Thrusters

I'm crap at maintaining missile lock, so I went with Cluster missles for short range, and went for the protons over the concussion because of the longer range and ease of maintaining lock. The ion missiles are kind of crap compared to blasters because by the time you can actually maintain lock and fire one off they probably don't have shields left anyway. Maybe if they had the range of a proton or a quick lock like the cluster missile they might get some use.

I prefer the lightweight armor because I prefer to be hit as little as possible - particularly as added protection against gunships. No amount of damage protection really helps if you get hit by a railgun. I kind of switch in between barrel roll and the koigarn turn as the fancy takes me, though I prefer the roll since I prefer to zip out of a fight long distance before turning to re-engage in a dogfight.
Steelwind / Kaillen * The Ebon Hawk

Sarlegant
12.10.2013 , 02:18 AM | #8
I can't contribute here, except to ask a question...

I had 3 of 5 slots given to me... I decided early to take a 4th ship, and chose not to spend CC... that gave me the Pike and Flashfire as choices.
I admit at the time of this choice, I was in GSF for the whole day, ie noob... the Pike looked like Star Fighter I already had... guns and concussion missles. So I chose the Flashfire.

Now the question... what's making the Pike different from the Starfighter?

Wainamoinen
12.10.2013 , 05:48 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarlegant View Post
Now the question... what's making the Pike different from the Starfighter?
Standard Star Guard Strike Fighter has two primary weapons (blasters) two swtich between and one secondary weapon (missile).

Pike has only one type of blaster, but two kinds of missile to switch between. It also has Proton Torpedoes as a missile option, which are long range (10,000m) and have 100% shield penetration. Plus they're all glowy blue and pretty.

So Pike is basically a missile boat that can shoot a bit, while the Star Guard is a "hand-to-hand" blaster fighter with some missiles in addition.
There will be blood, it might be yours;
So go kill someone - signed, Bad Horse

Ilmarinen 65 Scoundrel (Red Eclipse)

tunewalker
12.10.2013 , 06:02 AM | #10
Primary: Heavy Laser Cannon
Secondary: Concussive
Secondary: Proton Torps
Shields: Directional
Engine: Currently Shield Power converter thinking about switching to Barrel Roll as Proton Torps and Concussive missles become more common and people are getting better with them. Also the Distance caused by Barrel Roll allows me to get the range I need for my weapon load out.
Armor: Deflection (I find Lightweight would help with shields a little but I don't have a problem with shields at all with my current setup)
Capacitor: Damage
Magazine: Munitions Capacitor
Thrusters: (mostly undecided currently using Regen but thinking about swapping to either Speed or Power along with the Barrel Roll for the same reasons as for switching to Barrel Roll)

I use thing as a moving Missile Tank. Mostly Taking out Enemies from Long-Mid range and if something gets on my tail normally just trying to LoS it or ignore/ endure it with Directional shields and occasional rerouting Engine power to my shields. My primary issue is when I ignore the target and I get one that comes head on while I have one on my Tail. When Hit from 2 different Angles you really feel the weakness of Directional Shields, but when you are only getting hit from one angle I have had 2-3 Scouts on my tail that I have been able to endure Long enough that my friendly Gunship could get them off me. Thinking about trying out Charged Plating set up though it will be vunerable to Gunships I Think it might work against other ships ok.