Why do you not play ranked PvP?

NathanielStarr

It seemed that everyone was disappointed when ranked matches were left out of 1.2, but now that they are here with 1.3 there does not seem to be too many of them happening at least not on my server (Bergeren Colony).

The reason I don't participate in them is because I cannot find people that want to, their reasons vary, so I wanted to ask the general PvP populace.

Why aren't you playing ranked PvP matches?

If you are I don't really want to know, but it seems like few are.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) getting a reliable 8 man team can be frustrating

2) the grind is faster if you get regularly paired up with a higher rated team that beats you to ignore rated altogether and go with non-ranked pvp.

3) the fights for most players edge more on frustration than fun in ranked PVP.

4) with the drain from 1-3, RWZ almost guarantees getting paired with one of the few high rated teams looking for a match up which means face stomping.

Difficult question.

I have 3 LvL 50 chars in full BM gear or better and I find myself now only playing sub 50 PvP. I enjoy the PvP in SWTOR mostly but I strongly dislike it when mulitple people on my team start arguing with each other, they seem to be stressed out over the ranked comms grind. After a few of these hissy fits, no more ranked pop for the night.

This is not in real ranked teams as we pretty well do not have any running full time. The asia-pac servers only really support people 8 manning the ranked matches for comms. Some senior players are losing the plot and getting angry, this drives away potential PvP teams.

40 people on fleet is a very large number lately on my server.

A lot of the premades that were steamrolling regular WZs weren't as good as they thought so after losing few rated games they went back to facerolling regular WZs again. These premades don't need gear and losing is not fun so they don't queue ranked anymore.

That leaves hardcore pvp'ers sitting in long queues and finally getting matched with random trade pug. The match is not fun for either of them so after few loses and getting 20-30 ranked comms the pugs stop queuing.

This is what's happening on my server, couple of pvp guilds that were murdering opposition on their old servers just don't perform as good versus other organized teams so they're back to facerolling undergeared pugs and calling it skill.

1) We play the same team over and over again. The team that wins ALWAYS wins and the other team stops queuing. No more rateds for that day.

2) Comp dependency means play the FOTM spec on the FOTM class or no one wants you.

3) Takes FOREVER to get a decently geared team together. Then you get smashed by a guild team and you wonder why you bothered in the first place.

4) No solo ranked queues. This was a SERIOUS mistake.

5) Warzones are now speed based, but only for the first 30 seconds. Whoever caps the turret first keeps it. Nodes don't flip. Alderaan side turrets never flip, middle never gets capped, whoever caps side turret first wins by 5. Denova nodes never flip, whoever caps first keeps it. Voidstar doors are camped by engineer snipers/sabotage gunslingers and never get planted on. Voidstar tie break system = fail.

Rated teams use every exploit, trick, and FOTM tool in the box to win. That actually makes the game 10x less fun. I can't play what I want. I can't play how I want. I can't even play with whom I want. Why bother playing?

Its really hard to take PVP in the game serious and generally i cant help all but to laugh at the people who do.. They pay their sub so they can play or do whatever however they want but i don't have to take part in it.

I knew most wouldn't stick to it despite all the whining since 1.2 about rated. There are some really good teams out there most are super serious and are there to win and get gear for epeen and really don't like each other much cause each one is a legend in their own mind, so when they figure out that rolling pugs in recruit gear is why they win a lot they will just continue to do that while the few who will continue to do rated and succeed because they really are friends and actually like to compete and have fun and have good matches while getting to stomp the new up and coming leet epeen kids.

Ranked needs cross server queues now. I do not want to be playing the same 30 people all the time in ranked, I want variation and diversity to make it fun for me. I play for fun, I can have more fun in normal warzones due to the varying opposition.

Personally I do not want to see ranked queues filled people running solo, ranked is about teams and teamwork, but, it needs more participants and the only way to get this, is cross server.

Edited by ThorgrimLutgen

I have a juggernaut, and ranked teams that I talked to liked Rage spec, which I don't like at all. That is the reason I don't play in RWZ

For people claiming solo que ranked wz: Solo que in RWZ would be a huge mistake. Even non-ranked wz, people keep complaining about how bad is the random team all the time, imagine how much it would escalate if the win/loss numbers were permanent.

Edited by Ghostuka

1)

4) No solo ranked queues. This was a SERIOUS mistake.

This

Can't wait to see 2400 rated players who never played vs any decent team because they solo queued all the way to the top playing equally bad players.

They should never allow solo queue ranked, it's team vs team and coordination/team work should be rewarded and not afk'ing "guarding" turret.

It needs x-server to work however it's done. It needs solo queue and a real matchmaker to be popular... like a matchmaker that actually picks out balanced teams (like WoT although we all love to complain about that one, it does a decent job) so that people get grouped with similarly rated people and a decent variety of classes.. this could definitely be done without a huge wait given a x-server pool of players.

In short... they couldnt get rateds to work the way people wanted, so they shoved out this half baked full-team-only single-server-only thing so they could say "Aha! Look, rateds! We did it!"

Can't wait to see 2400 rated players who never played vs any decent team because they solo queued all the way to the top playing equally bad players.

They should never allow solo queue ranked, it's team vs team and coordination/team work should be rewarded and not afk'ing "guarding" turret.

As opposed to 2400 rated players who played against the same team the ENTIRE way up the ladder? Oh yes, our current system is so much better.

As opposed to 2400 rated players who played against the same team the ENTIRE way up the ladder? Oh yes, our current system is so much better.

With x-realm WZs this shouldn't be happening.

Edit.

Let's be honest, most people who want solo queue ranked don't want competition, they want fast and easy way to get top pvp gear.

Edited by Isislol

40 people on fleet is a very large number lately on my server.

Did you not transfer? It seems all the destination servers per the xfer's are jam packed...

If you didn't xfer then you're a sadist.

Some form of solo queuing will come but like everything with this game its a case of shutting the door after the horse has bolted. I can predict PvP seriously declining after 28th August.

And back to normal after all the whiners come back after they realize it was just a sequel to a bargain bin average game and there is no such thing as a perfect game.

And back to normal after all the whiners come back after they realize it was just a sequel to a bargain bin average game and there is no such thing as a perfect game.

May not happen, especially for organised teams. I enjoy swtor PvP but the GW2 PvP is a lot better (after playing it in the beta weekends) especially with the WvW aspect. Personally I'm going to try and do both but we'll see what happens.

I can't play what I want. I can't play how I want. I can't even play with whom I want. Why bother playing?

^

This. Oh I agree with a lot of the other sentiments, but really in the end what I quoted is the biggest reason for me. It's also the reason that after 4 seasons of putting up with it that arena got old as well. I rolled a specific class with a specific spec in order to play in a specific manner that I find enjoyable (both in PvP AND PvE. There is a whole game you know, not just one factor of it).

It seemed that everyone was disappointed when ranked matches were left out of 1.2, but now that they are here with 1.3 there does not seem to be too many of them happening at least not on my server (Bergeren Colony).

The reason I don't participate in them is because I cannot find people that want to, their reasons vary, so I wanted to ask the general PvP populace.

I can't play ranked PVP matches. My guild doesn't have a full 8 person PVP team. BioWare made it so that we can't queue for Ranked WZ's solo.

Love playing ranked matches, only have 1 other person in my guild that pvp's. So until they offer solo queueing for ranked wz's I dont really play them.