Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Zoom_VI
10.24.2013 , 08:16 AM | #6071
Quote: Originally Posted by vennian View Post
A study based on Halo: Reach........lol not kidding a premade in a FPS game is going to be better
Crinn

Sanity is for the weak minded.

vennian
10.24.2013 , 08:24 AM | #6072
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoom_VI View Post
A study based on Halo: Reach........lol not kidding a premade in a FPS game is going to be better
Are you claiming that the study does not translate to other kinds of games, and - by extension - that premades equals pugs?

Edit: And do not discount Blizzards take. They have metrics on the issue

I will bet you a pretty amount of anything that IF BioWare EVER comments on the issue of equality between pugs vs premades they would say that it is far from fair and balanced (or some variation thereof).

DainjaMouz
10.24.2013 , 08:39 AM | #6073
Uh...three things:
(1) Halo? My son beats me at WII Smash Bros too.

(2) I'm not contesting anyone's point that a group of players that practices consistently together and uses voicecomm is going to have an advantage. I'm surprised that the research you reference didn't win an Ig Nobel Prize, like this one. Thanks, Captain Obvious!

(3) What I'm questioning is whether anyone can actually provide evidence that there is a plague of premades in SWTOR, other than that they happen to get their **** kicked a lot? I'm guessing not. It's like voter fraud: certain groups try to take advantage of fear as a wedge issue to change the system to their advantage. In reality, the amount of actual fraud taking place is insignificant at worst.
The PvP Fringe @ Jedi Covenant
Ashes of Ashla Andrrikan - lvl 55 MM | Ultetharu - lvl 14 Merc
Dainjamous - lvl 36 Sentinel
"Less frou frou, more pew pew!"

cycao
10.24.2013 , 08:46 AM | #6074
Are you claiming that the study does not translate to other kinds of games, and - by extension - that premades equals pugs?

I will bet you a pretty amount of anything that IF BioWare EVER comments on the issue of equality between pugs vs premades they would say that it is far from fair and balanced (or some variation thereof).
Well I don't play a ton of FPS outside of the battlefield series and they pretty much encouraged grouping up and forming clans.

Also this game is not wow, even if they copied a lot from it swtor has no where close to the subs, even during launch. There is no possible way even if they said premades have an advantage over pugs what can they do? They already have three queues and to further split them up would increase all queue times across the board. Now if they ever had plans for cross server it would not be an issue but they don't.

So even with an acknowledgement from the devs there is no guaranteeing they can even 'fix' it.

Zoom_VI
10.24.2013 , 08:46 AM | #6075

I'm pretty sure solo ranked queue was BW's answer

They will never release such a statement. If they say it balanced they tick a small portion of their player base a get bad PR, if they take action against it, they tick off the larger portion that enjoys grouping with friends

They can't make a statement, it's lose-lose

And unless you can find a way that allows a program that can distinguish between friends queuing, and big bad 2k rating über geared premade out to ruin your day, there isno fix

Also there are many premade a out there that you don't notice because they didn't beat your team or they aren't guilded
Crinn

CommanderKeeva
10.24.2013 , 09:06 AM | #6076
http://social.bioware.com/forum/Game...9987763-1.html

And Blizzards comment on the issue:
http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/12/05/bl...ground-groups/

Pitting pugs vs premades can hardly be called "fair game"
It's not rocket surgery to realize that superior gear and experience....are well...superior. It's just as well saying that people with higher education earn higher wages than unskilled laborers. Guess that makes me a scientist as well?
BEING A GOOD SOLDIER COMES DOWN TO ONE THING, ONE SINGLE QUESTION:
WHAT ARE YOU PREPARED TO SACRIFICE?

Zoom_VI
10.24.2013 , 10:57 AM | #6077
Quote: Originally Posted by CommanderKeeva View Post
It's not rocket surgery to realize that superior gear and experience....are well...superior. It's just as well saying that people with higher education earn higher wages than unskilled laborers. Guess that makes me a scientist as well?
The problem is
Being in a group doesn't mean you have higher skill gear or experience, it just means you know how to group invite.

Its not rocket science to realize that being in a group is not related at all to gear or experience.

And shouldn't players with more experience win anyway? It would be truly broken if bad players win against good players
Crinn

vennian
10.24.2013 , 02:39 PM | #6078
Quote: Originally Posted by DainjaMouz View Post
(3) What I'm questioning is whether anyone can actually provide evidence that there is a plague of premades in SWTOR,
½) Thanks for the ad hominen remark. That really made you sound convincing.

1) When is it a plague?

2) I know that there are enough of them to impact my enjoyment of the game. This is also steeped in the fact that I consider the mere possibility of facing (or having on my team) a premade a major annoyance. I prefer the pug vs pug matches. Pug vs premade is by definition, an affront to my sense of a "fair fight" that slowly drains my enjoyment of queuing up.

So I consider it a problem. You might not. Good for you.

t-darko
10.24.2013 , 03:09 PM | #6079
Quote: Originally Posted by DainjaMouz View Post
(3) What I'm questioning is whether anyone can actually provide evidence that there is a plague of premades in SWTOR, other than that they happen to get their **** kicked a lot? I'm guessing not. It's like voter fraud: certain groups try to take advantage of fear as a wedge issue to change the system to their advantage. In reality, the amount of actual fraud taking place is insignificant at worst.
Ranked 8 vs 8 died. Not enough premade did them they were busy stomping casuals in unranked, You killed my PVP...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=690301

cycao
10.24.2013 , 03:14 PM | #6080
Quote: Originally Posted by t-darko View Post
Ranked 8 vs 8 died. Not enough premade did them they were busy stomping casuals in unranked, You killed my PVP...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=690301
That's not what killed 8v8 rwz...