Things I would like to see added to the Assassin class

DarthSylar

For starters I like the changes they added to the deception Assassin back in 1.4, but there are a few other things I would like.

-Will of the Sith

Right now this is a sorcerror only skill, and I'd like to see either this added to the assassin side. Right now, 12 of the 16 advanced classes have an ability to increade their main stat by 6% and I think it should be added to the Assassin/Shadow. For balance reasons, it likely should still remain absent from the Marauder/Sentenial (after all they do have a +36% damage to offhand saber).

-Recklessness

Right now this ability has a 90s cooldown, and I'd either like an ability that can add an extra charge or so, or a shorter cooldown. To me, Resourcefullness should be adjusted. Lacerate isn't even part of our rotation, so reducing the force cost is a waste. Instead, drop that part and add a 15 sec reduction per point to resourcefullness as well as overload saber.

-Static Chargers

The problem I see with these are I rarely, if ever get 5 charges. I'd love a 2 or 3 point ability that allows me to keep 1 static charge per point after using discharge.

I would like voltaic slash to work like massacre with marauders.

Basically using voltaic slash automatically procs surging charge which would allow us to build 5 stacks fairly easily. Of course the base damage of voltaic slash would have to be adjusted.

I'd like to see the following changes to the assassin trees:

Madness:

death field now acts as smash: each tick of creeping terror now adds 25% to DF's base damage, up to 100%. each tick of discharge adds 25% to crit chance, up to 100%. using thrash, maul, or shock lowers the cooldown of deathfield by 1s. remove the thrash crit damage talent and add a talent that reduces the cooldown of DF by 3s.

creeping terror now resets the resolve of the target when it roots the target. recklessness adds 4 stacks of creeping terror base damage effect.

that is all

Edited by JP_Legatus

I'd like to see the following changes to the assassin trees:

Madness:

death field now acts as smash: each tick of creeping terror now adds 25% to DF's base damage, up to 100%. each tick of discharge adds 25% to crit chance, up to 100%. using thrash, maul, or shock lowers the cooldown of deathfield by 1s. remove the thrash crit damage talent and add a talent that reduces the cooldown of DF by 3s.

creeping terror now resets the resolve of the target when it roots the target. recklessness adds 4 stacks of creeping terror base damage effect.

that is all

That would get you almost 10k death fields. That would be way too overpowered.

Lacerate is pretty much the most useless skill ever... Stupid expensive force cost for piss-poor damage. Even in AoE situations against trash I don't bother to use it. It's pathetic in comparison to orbital strike, force storm, and DFA/flamethrower/whatever that other AoE mercs get is. It's a friggin joke.