Now give us all Cross Faction maps

TrixxieTriss

Queues are already separated for levels. It can't be hard to make the cross faction thing only apply to max level.

Why do you always write off lowbies and mids like they don’t matter to people? You may not play them, but many do. I only lvl my Alts in pvp because pve is boring. I would rather watch tv than lvl in pve. So when I want to lvl an alt and lowbies and mids don’t pop, it is a frustrating experience waiting for pops.

Since the server moves and mergers, I’ve started playing on Star Forge because some of my old guildies do now. But I had only a couple of Alts there, so I’m trying to lvl up 48 Alts at the moment so that I have 1 of every class, every spec and both factions at lvl 70 (like I do on SS). Currently I’ve only got 7 to lvl 70 because pop times in the fringe and off times have gotten longer since Christmas. That means most of my time is spent playing lvl 70 and I only get a small pop window to lvl up Alts. If we had crossfaction for all maps, I would probably have 14 or more at lvl 70. Also, if it was cross faction, I would only need 24 Alts because I wouldn’t need mirror faction Alts for when a factions pop times slow down or stop.

Cross faction is actually just as important in lowbies and mids to keep it healthy. Remember lowbies and mids is where people should learn to pvp, not lvl 70. Maybe if more of them played those brackets as they lvl’d, we wouldn’t have so many muppets trying to learn in lvl 70 pvp.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Why would, from the fact that he's not playing KotFE/ET it follow that he's not even 70?
  2. Do you really think that if BW changed all warzones to cross-faction, they did it only for max-level?
  3. As the "health of PvP" is of concern here by some, it's obvious that top-level PvP is the healthiest of all. If anything, lower levels need a boost to their pop rate.

Yeah, i agree here. Looks like this guy thinks that i didnt bought enough content to get maximum lvl. But of course iam 70 lvl, and iam a sub. I just choose not to start kotfee because it sucks (in my opinion). The only one char i completed kotfe is my pve char (ap pt) on which i dont even participate in pvp.

Edited by omaan

I read a few posts below, not the whole thread, and they were talking about pop times.

If not that, what is the main argument?

Ohhh thats the problem my friend. 90% of everyone here begging for cross- faction are doing so because their faction is loosing too much. On most of the servers republic is loosing around 80% of all fights so all these guys came here to cry for devs to change it. They want more wins, and to be carried. Thats what considered here as "healthy pvp". Except for a minority of some players like Trixxie who are playing during non-prime time and suffering from low queue pops. But it' the problem of Bioware which cant make servers for APAC players but not the problem of cross-faction.

Thats Why Evolixe says one reason for cross-faction while trixxie says another reason. Their reasons are not the same

Edited by omaan

Ohhh thats the problem my friend. 90% of everyone here begging for cross- faction are doing so because their faction is loosing too much. On most of the servers republic is loosing around 80% of all fights so all these guys came here to cry for devs to change it. They want more wins, and to be carried. Thats what considered here as "healthy pvp". Except for a minority of some players like Trixxie who are playing during non-prime time and suffering from low queue pops. But it' the problem of Bioware which cant make servers for APAC players but not the problem of cross-faction.

Thats Why Evolixe says one reason for cross-faction while trixxie says another reason. Their reasons are not the same

You do realise there can be more than one reason for cross faction?

The fact there is more than one major reason for cross faction, only adds validity for why it’s needed.

I was banned for the last week so I couldn't comment until now on this string, but I did keep up to date with it.

This is just from my observations on Star Forged this last week or so.

As far as quece time "pops", I really couldn't be happier with that. Even during "downtimes" [sleep times I think you guys were saying] I'm still not waiting more than 5 minutes for pops. During prime time I don't even have enough time to take a quick pee between matches sometimes heh.

I am seeing no shortage of pubs and I'm fighting full pub teams a decent amount of the time. Without question IMPs v. IMPs is more common, but I've been pretty happy with the amount of full pub teams I'm seeing [and not happy with all the double-premading they're doing! =p].

That said, I'm not calling anyone else's observations into question. I don't play pubside, and if Trixxie says its slower over there, than that's good enough for me.

With respect to those who feel strongly about making all maps cross-faction, I simply can't agree with such an excessive move. There is a lot of postulating going on, assumptions, and nothing that's really concrete. If patterns were more uniform and people seeing the same sorts of trends even, that would be a better starting point, but I'm seeing a lot of different experiences being had by different posters and players. Again, I am not calling anyone's word into question. Rafi's and Trixxie's observations I trust fully. It's simply a far cry from what I am experiencing.

That said, there is still room here for compromise. I'd like to see as many people happy as possible because that's what keeps playerbases strong. We cannot assume from the very small microcosm of the "reg" posters here in PVP is representitive of a wide cross section of the player base. There are tons of people who have never even come to the forums and many more who read but do not post. I think it's important to presume that it is more than just me and one of two other posters on this subject who wouldn't want to see all maps cross faction. There almost assuredly many players who want to still play Imps Vs. Pubs. Call it "Old school" is you like, but it is the basis on which so many people who love Star Wars cling too and find important to the experience.

I have absolutely no objection to Ranked being made cross faction across the board. Ranked does have quece time issues, it has a substantially smaller player base, and it can make things difficult at times, especially taking into consideration different time zones and the like. As there are quece time issues here that are being seen pretty much across the board [i haven't seen anyone say pop times for Ranked are ok], it very well may make sense to make that move for ranked.

In the interest of fairness, I figured I'd use some of my ban time to see how things were in Ranked as I was following the string each day. I even did it during "prime time", and yeah, there is definitely an issue for quece times for Ranked.

Regarding regs, I couldn't be happier.

But, it isn't only about me. As much as I hate pubs and feel they all must die, If there are proven issues with them than I'm thinking perhaps a compromise might be the best way to approach it. If we added some more maps to be cross-faction, and left half the maps as is, it should improve issues for pubs while keeping "purists" content with the knowledge that they will still be able to fight full pub teams sometimes. Even if it's less than now, at least it's something that isn't being lost to those who want their to be Imp vs Pub teams fighting against each other.

We can pick the reasons apart all we like, we can express our disagreements and try to convince the other side of why this side feels one way and the other side another, it really doesn't matter why. For me, nothing short of concrete evidence of a definative break down for PVP/Game would be necessary for me to not oppose all maps becoming cross-faction. The truth is, not even pubside having some difficulties would move me to that side of the issue. It's just how I feel on the subject, and it matters to me.

I don't however require any concrete proof to move me to compromise. I can't understand how people don't care who they're fighting next to, how Sith fighting next to Jedi doesn't seem like the stupidest thing ever, but, I don't need to understand it, that simply how some people feel.

One side of this is never going to win over the other side. It won't happen. Even if it did here on the forums, that would be meaningless anyways because there are a ton of other people who play the game who have not come to the forums to share their thoughts on the matter, in all likelihood most players in the game probably don't even know cross-faction maps are being discussed. We have to be realistic in that regard.

I propose an increase in some of the maps being made cross-faction [mostly the newer ones], while the more classic maps remain as is. Which maps being cross-faction and which one's not is a discussion for another time as we are not in any position to even make it happen at all, one way or the other. That's up to the devs, and I haven't seen anyone of them weigh in.

As much as I respect many of those who are pro-cross faction for all maps, that is not something I will ever be cool with it and my opinion won't change. Call me a traditionalist. But, I am open to compromise as suggested above.

P.S. I will work on making my posts shorter, it was just that I had a week of not being able to post and so I'm trying to address it all once.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

Welcome back Grim! Once again they ban the wrong guy ;)

[Not quoting because it would probably result in this page consisting of our 2 posts alone :p]

The point about not having a big enough sample of players posting here is a very good point, and the suggestion of compromise is fair enough. For starters, it could be the huttballs and the arenas (and maybe voidstar, which makes more sense in the "training version" now because the imperial announcer is dead and the republic is in exile), and the 2 which already are cross-faction. If they do that, it would mean that once they fix the randomizer (to make sure I don't get 3 ACW in a row, for example), the pop times even on rep side wouldn't be too long (though I am afraid THEY will see far less "pure" PVP, but one pure with 15m waiting or 3 cross with 5m waiting? I suspect those who constantly hit the queue button and don't stop once they got the daily (which are a big part of the player base) would prefer the 2nd option, even if they care about the lore. Doesn't make sense to wait the duration of 2 full matches and then get an arena and lose in 1m. As for role diversity to solve faction imbalance, there is only one way to know if it is enough or not - try.

My experience last night on Star Forge playing Republic.

On the fleet between AEST 10pm - 12am, there were between 48-60 pub players on the fleet and only one instance.

I’ve been trying to lvl up a guardian in pvp during double XP, but I understand that the times I play can make that slow, so I’ve been doing heroic dailies as well to lvl up.

Last night I queue for pvp at my local time of 7pm and remained in the queue and 5 hours later it still hadn’t popped.

All the while my friend was sitting next to me lvling a Mara and she was getting pops. Not heaps of pops, I think she got about 8 in five hours, but not one of those was against reps. All were Imp v Imp matches.

I know I can go play lvl 70 around those times and get pops, but even they aren’t that fast, sometimes it’s a 15-20min wait if you are Imp and 30-40min wait if you are rep.

I know lots of you don’t play at the times I do, so don’t see any of this. I can’t blame you for being sceptical because during those times you do play, pops are fast. I know because I try really hard to make time to play when you are all playing.

Cross faction for me is about getting pops when it’s slow, which is when I have the most time to get on. It doesn’t mater what bracket you play at those times, pops are slow. But they are even worse playing Republic.

Without cross faction, Republic pvp will continue to die because there just isn’t enough of a Rep pvp population vs Imp pvp population. What that means is either more reps stop playing pvp or they are forced to play Imp vs imp pvp.

When you are only getting Imp vs Imp pvp pops, the whole notion of keeping the factions seperate becomes null and void because there is no rep vs Imp pvp.

Many of you want cross faction for skill balance in the queue and that is also something I want. But pops are the number one concern for me.

[Not quoting because it would probably result in this page consisting of our 2 posts alone :p]

The point about not having a big enough sample of players posting here is a very good point, and the suggestion of compromise is fair enough. For starters, it could be the huttballs and the arenas (and maybe voidstar, which makes more sense in the "training version" now because the imperial announcer is dead and the republic is in exile), and the 2 which already are cross-faction. If they do that, it would mean that once they fix the randomizer (to make sure I don't get 3 ACW in a row, for example), the pop times even on rep side wouldn't be too long (though I am afraid THEY will see far less "pure" PVP, but one pure with 15m waiting or 3 cross with 5m waiting? I suspect those who constantly hit the queue button and don't stop once they got the daily (which are a big part of the player base) would prefer the 2nd option, even if they care about the lore. Doesn't make sense to wait the duration of 2 full matches and then get an arena and lose in 1m. As for role diversity to solve faction imbalance, there is only one way to know if it is enough or not - try.

You could also add Hypergates to that list.

One thing that does need an overhaul is how the queue operates, especially when there is less of one faction in the queue and when there is less than 40 people in the queue.

This is a seperate problem to cross faction and should be addressed as well, especially if they were only going to make some maps cross faction and leave others as they are.

My experience last night on Star Forge playing Republic.

On the fleet between AEST 10pm - 12am, there were between 48-60 pub players on the fleet and only one instance.

Holy Shizzle, that's terrible Trixxie. Impside you still have multiple instances and the main one usually remaining full or nearly so [160+].

I think another angle to this might also be considered, clearly pubside is not as desirable as Imp side, I can't really remember a time it wasn't that way, but admittedly my exposure to pubside was mostly what my brother was doing at times I was with him as he was playing which was about mid to late 1.x. I could see a difference even than, though I think is was still better than anything you've seen over the last few years.

Whatever the reason is why Pubside has less players [which is something we could never know for sure, as there may be multiple contributing factors], I think it might be wise is BW would make pubside more appealing for a while by way of special events and items that can only be obtained if you are playing pubside during the time of the event. To keep interest there, they could simply do what they do with the other events, put it on a rotating basis this way there is always something to draw players back to pubside in the long term. The "special event items" could be linked not only to the event itself, but also by way of doing other content in between the event by offers some small special tokens that could than be used during the event to get some of these special items. [special decos, unique mounts, some new interesting companion, and perhaps some "pub-flavored" looking adaptive gear.

Something like that might spark greater interest in playing pubside. Even though I don't play pubside, I would have no issues with the the exclusive to pubside nature of the event.

They need to make pubside more attractive to players, and turning all wz maps to cross-faction may make quece times a bit better but pubside will still remain a ghost town and the maps only a band-aid for end gamers.

The Dark vs Light event did that very well, and I think a lot of people did enjoy it, they just got burnt out of it after a while in some cases though. The premise is sound tho I think.

They've turned Jedi into colorful priests. No sex, no love, no emotions, don't drive angry, etc. Guys in dresses is NEVER okay! Plus they've made Jedi robes virtually like a uniform so there is very little divesity in dress for many people playing Jedi. Sith don't have that and so they have a lot more freedom in expressing individuality.

Jedi - "Sex clouds the mind, your thoughts become more primal and base, which can lead to the Darkside....". Sith - "Who needs threesomes when you can have four somes?"

Jedi - "We can't get married without the Jedi council's blesssing"

Sith - "Meet my wives, Jaesa and Vette, and my Mistress Lana".

Jedi - "Don't make me go against my Jedi Teachings"

Sith - "Rules are for the weak".

Jedi are harder to relate to I think, which may be why Sith seems so appealing to many people. Plus we have the cool red sabers =]

Pubside needs an overhall. Something to shake it up some. More pubs means more Imp. vs. Pubs fights and the more Jedi there are the more Jedi I get to kill. Win/win =]

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

I'd just like to see as many people made happy as possible. Not everyone likes the same things, and people have opinions and preferences, so I think it's important to try to find a way so that no one has to outright "Lose". That's essentially why I proposed half and half maps. I don't have to know why some people feel one way about it and the other people a different way, that's just how they feel and their entitled to, so best to accept that and go from there and see what we can see about going forward.

Holy Shizzle, that's terrible Trixxie. Impside you still have multiple instances and the main one usually remaining full or nearly so [160+].

I think another angle to this might also be considered, clearly pubside is not as desirable as Imp side, I can't really remember a time it wasn't that way, but admittedly my exposure to pubside was mostly what my brother was doing at times I was with him as he was playing which was about mid to late 1.x. I could see a difference even than, though I think is was still better than anything you've seen over the last few years.

Whatever the reason is why Pubside has less players [which is something we could never know for sure, as there may be multiple contributing factors], I think it might be wise is BW would make pubside more appealing for a while by way of special events and items that can only be obtained if you are playing pubside during the time of the event. To keep interest there, they could simply do what they do with the other events, put it on a rotating basis this way there is always something to draw players back to pubside in the long term. The "special event items" could be linked not only to the event itself, but also by way of doing other content in between the event by offers some small special tokens that could than be used during the event to get some of these special items. [special decos, unique mounts, some new interesting companion, and perhaps some "pub-flavored" looking adaptive gear.

Something like that might spark greater interest in playing pubside. Even though I don't play pubside, I would have no issues with the the exclusive to pubside nature of the event.

They need to make pubside more attractive to players, and turning all wz maps to cross-faction may make quece times a bit better but pubside will still remain a ghost town and the maps only a band-aid for end gamers.

The Dark vs Light event did that very well, and I think a lot of people did enjoy it, they just got burnt out of it after a while in some cases though. The premise is sound tho I think.

They've turned Jedi into colorful priests. No sex, no love, no emotions, don't drive angry, etc. Guys in dresses is NEVER okay! Plus they've made Jedi robes virtually like a uniform so there is very little divesity in dress for many people playing Jedi. Sith don't have that and so they have a lot more freedom in expressing individuality.

Jedi - "Sex clouds the mind, your thoughts become more primal and base, which can lead to the Darkside....". Sith - "Who needs threesomes when you can have four somes?"

Jedi - "We can't get married without the Jedi council's blesssing"

Sith - "Meet my wives, Jaesa and Vette, and my Mistress Lana".

Jedi - "Don't make me go against my Jedi Teachings"

Sith - "Rules are for the weak".

Jedi are harder to relate to I think, which may be why Sith seems so appealing to many people. Plus we have the cool red sabers =]

Pubside needs an overhall. Something to shake it up some. More pubs means more Imp. vs. Pubs fights and the more Jedi there are the more Jedi I get to kill. Win/win =]

Those are some good analogies of the Jedi, lol. I have to say that some of the Jedi stories are a bit bland and not realistic for humans to follow (who knows about aliens), unless they are only priests with a vow of celibacy (which we know they aren’t). All the while the vanilla stories paint this picture of the perfect Jedi approach, but none of the struggle they have to maintain the core Jedi beliefs. The conversation responses you give as a Jedi are often frown apon by NPC’s and companions if you aren’t towing the bland line. This thing of, “there is no emotion, there is only the force” isn’t a realist approach, we know the Jedi in the time of Yoda have feelings and emotions, they just need to be mindful of them and not let them lead down a negative path.

After doing the story once along the lines of the game’s interpretation of the perfect Jedi, I never did it that way again. All mine used every opportunity (within the game’s limited story) to a more reasoned approach or even a dark Jedi, but the game never has any consequences for doing that. I could be more evil than a Sith Lord and still come out smelling like a saint.

I think this is why people are more drawn to the Sith story, they seem more realistic, sure they can be evil, but they don’t have too and they can still be balanced. There is a definitely more appeal in the Sith stories and it’s why I think people often roll them and then end up maining them after doing the Jedi side.

For me it’s all about pvp as I rarely level in stories anymore, it’s about the variety. That’s why I switch between the two. Unfortunately there aren’t many reps who only pvp and those who like to pvp the most will go where the most pops are. Which means playing the Imp side because they get pops there more. It doesn’t matter if they prefer playing on the Rep side or not because a lot of the time the choice is taken away if you want to get fast pops.

Realistically there are way more Imp vs Imp matches than Imp vs Rep, especially outside of the middle of prime time. At this rate, it will eventually only be Imp vs Imp in the future for real pvpers and any notion of Sith vs Jedi goes out the window.

I think people would be surprised how many of us actually play both factions equally or would If pops were the same. For some reason, people assume all Reps are rubbish and never take into account that they are probably playing the same Imp players on their Rep Alts. The whole notion that reps are the worst players is funny because there are just as many bad Imps. If Yavins cross faction showed us anything, it was Imps are equally as bad, it’s just they have more players.

I know you disagree with cross faction on a philosophical principle because it isn’t as immersive for you in the game. I respect that, but I’m also appreciative that you can see my side of the situation too.

If both factions were equal, cross faction wouldn’t even be suggested at all. I think a lot of us old timers who’ve pvp’d for many years or only pvp, realise that cross faction as a “mechanism” is only one solution to making the queue even those population disparities out. Many people have offered ideas like yours to Bioware in the last 5 years and ones that weren’t cross faction, Bioware obviously ignored them all, probably because they took too much work or resources to do or they were just so arrogant, they thought they knew best what players needed, not what they wanted :rolleyes:

Your idea to make Reps side more appealing to play sometimes has merit. But there is one big pitfall in favouring one faction to make people want to play it and that is all the usual Imp players would QQ and whine massively that they were excluded from that event. This is why Bioware won’t do it.

Trying to get Bioware to fix anything in this game is worse than pulling teeth or trying to make peace in the Middle East. If it’s too complex its a definite no go and it just won’t happen now with their limited budget and resources. We’ll be lucky to get any new content this year and what we get will probably be sub par compared to previous content (can’t be helped when you have no funds).

So any changes or fixes to pvp need to be as simple for them to do as possible or it just won’t happen. Cross faction is the simplest solution to the population disparity in pvp. Yavin showed how well that worked for queue pops, but also showed that the skill imbalance is a myth. Other people in this thread have used the excuse that they don’t want to carry Reps, but they wouldn’t be carrying bad reps anymore than they already carry bad Imps. They may even get good reps to carry them.

I read your other post about a compromise to not making “all” maps cross faction. I think I could accept having only some made cross faction, while keeping others faction based. But the only two I would keep as faction based would be Nova Coast and Civil War. All the others can easily be made into cross faction.

One major thing that I posted previously is the queue mechanics. Until they fix how the queue works out the next match and recognises when there are limited people in the queue to get certain maps, then cross faction in all maps is the only solution. If they were to fix the queue, then the compromise would work.

I sincerely hope Bioware is reading this thread and other threads to do with cross faction. I hope they especially read your compromise, but also take onboard that the queue system needs to be tweaked, fixed or what ever to make it work.

On a side note, My latest Guardian is Darkside 5 and carries a red saber. As I’m having to lvl her more in pve than pvp atm, Im switching her between showing her dark side and not. Sort of like Palpatine does when he’s hiding his true nature from the Jedi. I’m currently trying to turn my Padawan to the darkside, but I know the game will never allow it :(

I think my Guardian would fit well in a Sith pvp team ;) . Maybe they could change the queue system so you could queue based on you light-dark affiliation.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

As for why there are less pub players, at launch the Devs admitted they mostly played imp and had not noticed several issues with pub classes that their imp counterparts did not suffer from. I imagine thats still the case today as the pub story line is a Disney storyline and the imp one is more realistic (comparing trooper to BH in this case).

Grim, you probably never played a DS Jedi Knight. No dark sith can hold a candle to how twisted and insane this guy is. And it also is much more effective because everyone is so surprised when you behave like that (a sith's evil is an assumption, so everyone already expects this). Might become your new love according to what you said :D

Maps such as Huttball and Queshball could very easily be made into cross-faction warzones and not break peoples RP lore comments. The same can be said for all of the arenas. Even if they start with just those becoming cross-faction I think it would go a long way for the health of this games pvp.

Grim, you probably never played a DS Jedi Knight. No dark sith can hold a candle to how twisted and insane this guy is. And it also is much more effective because everyone is so surprised when you behave like that (a sith's evil is an assumption, so everyone already expects this). Might become your new love according to what you said :D

While I kinda dig the idea in theory [A Darkside Jedi Knight] as I understand it it doesn't really matter how dark, twisted and evil you are, there are no real ramifications for it. If I may quote Trixxie -

After doing the story once along the lines of the game’s interpretation of the perfect Jedi, I never did it that way again. All mine used every opportunity (within the game’s limited story) to a more reasoned approach or even a dark Jedi, but the game never has any consequences for doing that. I could be more evil than a Sith Lord and still come out smelling like a saint.

If the Jedi Council who are around a few times and interact with the character if I remember correctly from when my brother was doing the Jedi Knight Story, I'm not sure how they could overlook that the 6 or so Jedi Masters who you deal with on and off would sense the Darkside in the character.

But it is a really interesting concept, and I tend to think you're right, I probably would dig if in fact the darkside nature of the character is acknowledged in the story. Just seeing "Darkside IV" on my character sheet should be the only difference. If they did acknowledge it tho and it made the storyline go noticeably different at some points, I would be all over that play through! I can totally see that being fun as hell if it were like that.

It does raise the issue of being more acceptable for a Sith to be Fighting along side a Jedi. Let's face it, there are many Darkside users in the official SW's storyline [movies] who were formally Jedi Knights. In fact, I think it would be wicked if you fall to the Darkside and are "irredeemable" that perhaps there could be a mechanic that allowed for defecting to the Empire [even the other way too, a Sith who falls to the Lightside defecting to the Republic].

A Darkside Jedi on the same team with Imps, that I could sign onto! Perhaps even non Jedi as well. Let's say for example, A Gunslinger or a Scoundrel who is a criminal and was Dark Side III, they're only ostensibly "pubs", if they are not aiding the Republic in the war against the Empire, than affiliation is not an issue as much. Not alot of drug dealers, mass murderers, kidnappers and habitual rapists filling the ranks in the military!

I also don't see why Bounty Hunters would care either way either. They go where the work is. Boba Fett didn't work for the Empire for free! Commandos would be a big no no tho, they are Soldiers in the Republic Army. I'm not saying they couldn't be darkside, just that even darkside, they're still fighting the war against the Empire.

Just out of curiosity, I haven't played BF2 yet. Is there an option to mix Imperial and Republic players in PVP in it? I hear alot of complaints about BF2, but it looks absolutely wicked.

While I kinda dig the idea in theory [A Darkside Jedi Knight] as I understand it it doesn't really matter how dark, twisted and evil you are, there are no real ramifications for it. If I may quote Trixxie -

If the Jedi Council who are around a few times and interact with the character if I remember correctly from when my brother was doing the Jedi Knight Story, I'm not sure how they could overlook that the 6 or so Jedi Masters who you deal with on and off would sense the Darkside in the character.

But it is a really interesting concept, and I tend to think you're right, I probably would dig if in fact the darkside nature of the character is acknowledged in the story. Just seeing "Darkside IV" on my character sheet should be the only difference. If they did acknowledge it tho and it made the storyline go noticeably different at some points, I would be all over that play through! I can totally see that being fun as hell if it were like that.

It does raise the issue of being more acceptable for a Sith to be Fighting along side a Jedi. Let's face it, there are many Darkside users in the official SW's storyline [movies] who were formally Jedi Knights. In fact, I think it would be wicked if you fall to the Darkside and are "irredeemable" that perhaps there could be a mechanic that allowed for defecting to the Empire [even the other way too, a Sith who falls to the Lightside defecting to the Republic].

A Darkside Jedi on the same team with Imps, that I could sign onto! Perhaps even non Jedi as well. Let's say for example, A Gunslinger or a Scoundrel who is a criminal and was Dark Side III, they're only ostensibly "pubs", if they are not aiding the Republic in the war against the Empire, than affiliation is not an issue as much. Not alot of drug dealers, mass murderers, kidnappers and habitual rapists filling the ranks in the military!

I also don't see why Bounty Hunters would care either way either. They go where the work is. Boba Fett didn't work for the Empire for free! Commandos would be a big no no tho, they are Soldiers in the Republic Army. I'm not saying they couldn't be darkside, just that even darkside, they're still fighting the war against the Empire.

Part of the trooper story is hunting your old squad down for betraying the Republic and selling out to the Empire, so you shouldn’t rule them out of the equation either. On the starting planet when you confront them, they even ask you to join them.

I’ve always thought a third faction would have been good. One run by the crime families or the Hutts.

The probelem with the story is, they are just that, “surprised” and there are no ramifications for being darkside,

Part of the trooper story is hunting your old squad down for betraying the Republic and selling out to the Empire, so you shouldn’t rule them out of the equation either. On the starting planet when you confront them, they even ask you to join them.

I’ve always thought a third faction would have been good. One run by the crime families or the Hutts.

Plenty of examples from lore of Criminal Organizations from Star Wars that had impacts on things.

Black Sun

Exchange

Bogga's criminal empire

Shadow Syndicate

The Rodian/Sullustan crime syndicate

Talon Karrde and his Crime Organization from the Timothy Zahn Trilogy which was where Mara Jade was first introduced as she was working with him.

That could definitely work as a 3rd neutral faction and would be very interesting. Certainly precedents for it. I wouldn't mind that at all. It's a good idea.

Actually there are ramifications for being dark Jedi Knight.

Satele Shan does not grant you the rank of Jedi Master at the end. People complained in the beta about not getting the title, so you get the title, but from a more perspective you are actually not a Jedi master.

Actually there are ramifications for being dark Jedi Knight.

Satele Shan does not grant you the rank of Jedi Master at the end. People complained in the beta about not getting the title, so you get the title, but from a more perspective you are actually not a Jedi master.

It’s still not much of a ramification. You are still a hero at the end of the story. Maybe if she kicked you out of the Jedi order it would be a real ramification

I suspect you don't remember the story of the Jedi so well.

Knight story spoilers ahead:

Force choking people to death multiple times. And one of them is even force break-neck like Vaylin's or like the end of the inquisitor story.

Selling Voss to a pure dark-side entity who laughs an evil laugh after you say "who cares if darkness consumes this world?"

Hunting your fellow Jedi squad to extinction even though you could save them from the emperor. Forcing the last of them to get back at the sith, sending him to his death, which is so evil that you gotta force persuade your companion herself to forget about this, or she would probably leave you on the spot (and she can be your wife at that stage).

Abandoning your possibly-wife in the dark temple (yes, she gets saved, but what can the sith do that compares to that? choke and spare Quinn after betrayal? That's cute :rolleyes:

Consular spoilers:

Hunting fellow Jedi and killing them on each planet in chapter one, including but not limited to your own master who is the best friend of your companion. You could save them all, but chose to save your energy and kill instead.

Murdering a member of the Jedi council, even though he could be saved

Just a select few which I could remember without googling, and while the smuggler and trooper are less insane-power-hungry evil, they are just as bad (siding with a sith against a padawan, for example).

To be honest I think that the LIGHT imperial stories and the DARK republic stories are the best. The main character looks so realistic in the form of "I walk my own path" rather than "I am one of thousands just like me, but stronger".