Hey Ya'll! Im back!

JediJoy

Any level FP? or Veteran mode is better? What kind of gear do you get?

Master Mode will give you the most. You get basically 4-5 drops per boss. It's random. Each drop is personal and will be +/- 2 of your current average item level. The max is 306.

do vet FPs to get to iLevel 306. then spend a seven+ million and Tech Fragments to get set gear. oh, and the set gear is just a shell...you still have to fill it with armor, mod, enhance.

you can hope for RNG, though, or just take what the game gives you at 306 and just not worry about it anymore.

do vet FPs to get to iLevel 306. then spend a seven+ million and Tech Fragments to get set gear. oh, and the set gear is just a shell...you still have to fill it with armor, mod, enhance.

you can hope for RNG, though, or just take what the game gives you at 306 and just not worry about it anymore.

if you don't pvp, or do NiM, then what the game dropps will keep you going, till you've built up a store of fragments. Once you have 1 set of 306's, you'll have no problem getting lots more for your alts. Just keep a set in the legacy bay, put it on everytime you open a crate, or buy from the vendor, or even run stuff, and you'll get 302 to 306 rating gear, which will help ger your alts.

if you don't pvp, or do NiM, then what the game dropps will keep you going, till you've built up a store of fragments. Once you have 1 set of 306's, you'll have no problem getting lots more for your alts. Just keep a set in the legacy bay, put it on everytime you open a crate, or buy from the vendor, or even run stuff, and you'll get 302 to 306 rating gear, which will help ger your alts.

This is pretty much the best approach....

I still don't like some of the RNG stuff... but this system does definitely have a up side as far as gearing the rest of you alts !!

This is pretty much the best approach....

I still don't like some of the RNG stuff... but this system does definitely have a up side as far as gearing the rest of you alts !!

I just wish they'd left ops bosses dropping actual, usable loot. I really like the alt-friendliness and the ability to very easily (and quickly) gear up, but, man, an MMO just doesn't feel right if bosses don't drop real loot.

Master Mode will give you the most. You get basically 4-5 drops per boss. It's random. Each drop is personal and will be +/- 2 of your current average item level. The max is 306.

If only that were anything like true.

Item Level 294, still get drops with Item Level 280.

All The Best

Thank you everyone for your replies!

My crew started doing fps last night and so far only got a couple pieces that helped. As always its just going to be a slow grind.

Im sad about ops though. That's how we used to gear our mains and alts sooooo easily.

<3

Sara'dominique

My crew started doing fps last night and so far only got a couple pieces that helped. As always its just going to be a slow grind.

Im sad about ops though. That's how we used to gear our mains and alts sooooo easily.

<3

Sara'dominique

you can still do the ops, just not much point in gearing through them. They can be fun to do, and gear does drop, and if it's not what you need, it can become frag fodder. PLus you get some nice deco's, mounts, pets, etc, depending on the op, plus a hutt load of rxp :)

i can honestly say i do hate this gearing nonsense dont get me wrong eventually i started getting purple but the sheer amount of veteran FP i have done to get rid of those greens its frustrating to say the least those renown crates arent helping either thankfully the flashpoint crates do thankfully but yeah its honestly frustrating to do a vet or MM fp and getting nothing but green crap gear

Welcome back!

Pay attention to tacticals, they for most classes IMHO matter more than sets.

And, again, welcome back!

Hugs,

Dasty with her three new pleasure barges :rak_03:

Edited by Jdast

If only that were anything like true.

Item Level 294, still get drops with Item Level 280.

All The Best

I'm in full 306 and sometimes I'll get nothing but 298's. I have much better luck on drops from the daily, weekly, conquest, flashpoint, and renown boxes. At least from those I never get anything lower than 302, and will occasionally get a set piece or a tactical.

<3

Sara'dominique

It's technically easier now if you know the tricks. The key is the fact that ALL gear including earpieces, implants and relics are legacy bound now and the gear you gain is based off the gear you are wearing. So the better your gear is, the better gear you get.

Gear has a a rating and that's all it looks at. So if you have rating 280 gear, then you get gear rated from 276 - 284 as rewards. It's random so look for the best rating. There is no need to care about the actual stats until you have max rating gear of 306.

If you have multiple alts, the best thing you can do is the following:

1) Get a few characters you're going to focus on to level 75. Ideally alts with the same weapons.

2) Take a character through the Veteran FP weekly using the random option in GF. Random gives you extra loot boxes and the weekly even more. That's 5 FPs for the weekly. Bosses will drop more gear.

3) ALWAYS upgrade any gear piece that has a higher rating. Do NOT care about the stats or moving mods. That comes when you have 306.

4) Once you do the weekly make sure you have the best gear set you can (based purely on rating) and give it to your next alt. Go back to step 2.

By doing this you will have multiple alts doing the weeklies and as soon as you have 306 gear, you can send that around the next week when the weeklies have reset. Then each alt you can will get pretty much a set of their own 306 gear (a few 304 pieces is ok) and they can keep their new sets till all your alts are done.

Make sure that at some point you keep a 306 set in your vault. We have a new material legacy storage so your legacy vault should have plenty of room now. This 306 set you can give to any new alt or new level 75 to start with top end loot rewards right away.

Set bonuses are bought with credits and tech fragments (endgame currency). That's another reason why doing random FPs and doing weeklies is important cause it gives you extra tech fragments.

I put my original 10-12 alts in 306 gear in two weeks this way. First week was making some alts 75 (I think I used 5) and get the first set of 306 gear. The second week I got the rest to 75 and I saved all the 306 gear so I could equip everybody in 306 by the end of that week.

I was even looking at getting the right mods at the same time so that didn't take long either.

It really is a shame there's no more progression gearing in raiding. The only reason to do raids is to do them. No rewards for doing the hardest content. Same gear rewards, a bigger chance on set bonus pieces. Oh set bonus pieces also drop regularly in the guild rewards for conquest which is really easy to do. Conquest also adds greatly to the pool of gear and tech frags. I forgot to mention that.

But yeah, I used to raid a lot and the new ops I haven't even been in once. What can I say... no motivation really.

I now have 6 toons (knight, jugg, trooper, BH, Shadow, Assassin) in full dropped 306 gear. i started working on a few set pieces for my Knight, but do not feel, for what i do, spending 1million a pop on that gear is worth the credits. i also have enough gear in my legacy hold to gear up my remaining smugger, sniper, and at least two of my other toons if i choose.

during the gear level grind i kept my tech frags between 7k-10k with a few time dropping below 7K when i had to even out my iLevel. I apparently had a bunch of the older fragments from the previous gear wallop which helped me get a high number to begin with.

in short (and i have stated this previously):

-I ran vet FPs to get as much gear in an iLevel range as i could.

-when i had reached a plateau, i spent tech frags to get even then ran vet FPs again.

-i would work on the weekly with one toon and only started saving pieces when i got to 300. From there, i had two toons i could work on gear with that were about the same in iLevel.

-i blocked off three legacy bays to keep gear saved and replaced lower level gear with higher level gear as i got it. I would decon older gear for frags, too...always getting my highest toon to get new pieces to store when i hit 10K.

-eventually had three toons at about the same iLevel that i would use to get the FP weekly done.

-repeat the above until you have all the gear at 306 that you want.

i think after a few attempts at explaining what i did, this is the most accurate. Again, i dont think, for what i do, spending a million a pop for shell is worth it to me as i dont have a large amount of credits to begin with...which, for as long as ihave been playing, is more a crime than anything.

i will, though, start running planetary heroics for credits since you can easily go through 100k with a few bad wipes in a FP and with PHs the chances of dying are smaller.

Its nice that the ear and implants etc pieces are finally legacy bound. Just not sure if this system is better or worse for gearing alts.

Thank you for all the detailed responses. I truly appreciate it!

Im heartbroken about the raids though. :(

Welcome back!

Pay attention to tacticals, they for most classes IMHO matter more than sets.

And, again, welcome back!

Hugs,

Dasty with her three new pleasure barges :rak_03:

Thanks Dasty!! <3

Yeah, I got the right tactical for my main <merc heals>.

Is Dulfy still the go to site?

Its nice that the ear and implants etc pieces are finally legacy bound. Just not sure if this system is better or worse for gearing alts.

Thank you for all the detailed responses. I truly appreciate it!

Im heartbroken about the raids though. :(

Overall I find it to be better. This is what I did. This may not be the best way, and it certainly isn't the only way to gear, but this worked out very well for me.

First, I picked a character that was going to be my main gearing character. I picked my main, a Sage, but in hindsight a character with stealth ability might have been better as that would have opened up several possibilities. I focused on getting that character to over item rating (irating) 300. All other characters I deconstructed everything they got, including the free gear they got for doing Onslaught, for the tech fragments. I also saved every gear crate, be that flashpoint, daily/weekly, renown, whatever, I saved them. I would equip whatever gear I got as drops and use the RNG Spoils of War (SoW) vendor on the fleet to bring up a slot that was lagging behind. The SoW vendor will always give a higher irating item but the gear drops in content will fall into a range +/- from your irating. Others say it's +/- 2 from your irating, which can be seen on your character sheet, but that has not been my experience (I think it's more like +2/-4~6 range). Mostly I ran Onderon and other daily content for drops to deconstruct for tech fragments and flashpoints for drops that could be equipped, but I deconstructed everything I got that could not be directly equipped to my main. I saved nothing to pass to alts. The SoW vendor was essential to upgrading my irating as there would be times where I'd get to a wall and I wouldn't get drops that were higher irating. So off to the SoW vendor, by a few pieces, always focusing on the slot with the lowest irating, and all of a sudden I'd start getting good drops in FPs again. When buying gear from the SoW vendor, if you are planning to purchase gear for several slots always equip the new piece your just purchased as that may increase your irating and possibly improve the irating for any other piece your purchase. Be careful about right-click equipping gear while the SoW vendor window is open. If you sell back a piece purchased from the SoW vendor you sell it for credits, losing out on your tech frags, so always drag and drop to equip.

Two Tuesdays ago my main was irating 299 before Conquest reset. After reset, after picking up Conquest awards for the tech frags, I went to the SoW vendor and purchased gear to raise my irating and got to 301. Then I opened all of the gear crates I'd been hoarding. Over 60 renown crates, 20'ish daily crates from Onderon (I hadn't been saving all of those from the beginning otherwise I'd have had more), the weekly crates from Onderon, some flashpoint crates, and a number of Conquest crates. I started with the renown crates first. After doing so, remembering to equip any piece I received that was an upgrade as they dropped, my main was irating 305 and I had enough gear to outfit two other characters with irating 305, and 13 others outfitted over irating 300. During the last two weeks I accumulated enough gear, from FP drops and gear crates, to finish outfitting most of those other 13 characters up to irating 304+.

Drops from most content will be low irating and are just good for tech frags. Drops from bosses in FPs will fall into an irating range. My main, in full 306, will get drops from FP bosses between irating 298 and 306. Sometimes a boss will drop nothing but 298 gear. Now I deconstruct anything under irating 304. The SoW vendor is guaranteed to always give a higher irating, at least, according to a patch note. I haven't tried using the SoW vendor with a character over irating 304 to see if I always get something better. But the gear boxes, those are were I get the best gear. While the gear drops still fall into a range I have not received anything lower than irating 302 when opening a box on a character with irating 306.

It took me a while to get to irating 299, that's because I solo everything and I took a break shortly after 6.0 released (I just came back with Update 6.1.1), but within the last two weeks I went from one character with irating 299 and the rest of my characters in 252 gear to my main in full 306 with a full set bonus and mostly optimized stats (I still use 45 augments because I can't craft and won't pay for the higher augs), and almost all of my other characters in 304+ gear.

Thanks Dasty!! <3

Yeah, I got the right tactical for my main <merc heals>.

Is Dulfy still the go to site?

No. Dulfy left back in April of 2019. No news or confirmation from her part as far I'm concerned. She just poofed. A real shame as her website used to be incredibly useful for SWTOR, GW2 and ESO.

Edited by TheRandomWolf

No. Dulfy left back in April of 2019. No news or confirmation from her part as far I'm concerned. She just poofed. A real shame as her website used to be incredibly useful for SWTOR, GW2 and ESO.

Awww she used to be my go to for practically everything! That's a hard shame. I get it though. I was always the one on here voicing that I would never leave despite all the downfalls etc etc but I ended up taking a 2 year hiatus. I hope she makes it back.

There was a post in Dulfy's Discord saying that they were taking time off due to work, but that was a while ago. I'm not in their Discord so don't know if they've been in touch with anyone since. Vulkk, MMOBits, and Swtorista are the new go to sites for guides and game news. Edited by ceryxp