Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Celebrate Game Update 1.2: Legacy

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Celebrate Game Update 1.2: Legacy
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

paspinall
04.12.2012 , 05:20 PM | #521
Quote: Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
It's just poor wording all around the announcement. In this case 30 DAYS OF PLAY TIME ON US.
maybe they just expect people to be able to see the sentence structure and get the correct meaning, as it would make zero sense if it was US rather than us.

Jett-Rinn
04.12.2012 , 05:20 PM | #522
I think it was a nice gesture...but I see the point of those who aren't fifty; personally I'm just happy I got my Tauntaun pet 15 bucks isn't that big a deal to me.

Fiachsidhe
04.12.2012 , 05:20 PM | #523
Quote: Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
It's just poor wording all around the announcement. In this case 30 DAYS OF PLAY TIME ON US.
Only an idiot would look at that sentence, and think 30 days of playtime 'on the United States'.
That's not even a turn of phrase.

twistedmonk
04.12.2012 , 05:21 PM | #524
It should be everyone who was at launch or has subscribed for a certain period that gets the 30 days free time, we have all played through the game for a few months and those of us with altitus now are being treated as second class players.

I took out a 6 months sub and quite frankly I canceled the recurring sub a few weeks ago (had MMO drain) but re subbed again not long after since on reading on the future of the game I thought the devs were moving in the right direction, so I thought why not re invest in the product to help the game progress.

I like to enjoy the game and play at my own pace but now it seems this is wrong in the eyes of BW, If people like to play one char thats great and its a choice, but for me playing many chars keeps the game more alive and interesting and well the legacy system is based on many alts.

Haven't we all paid for, played and tested the game for you since launch to help try and fix the bugs which appeared, and still continue to do so?

I've seen a lot of post by people saying everyone should have a 50 by now, please remember we all pay for the game to play how we wish and if BW had said you must have over 5 alts at the time of the 12th to get 30 days free time how many with 50s and 1 or 2 alts would feel cheated?

Repefe
04.12.2012 , 05:21 PM | #525
Quote: Originally Posted by paspinall View Post
maybe they just expect people to be able to see the sentence structure and get the correct meaning, as it would make zero sense if it was US rather than us.
Well their expectations are not fulfilled, which is kind of ironic.
Killer: 53%, Socializer: 53%, Achiever: 47%, Explorer: 47%

TonyIommi
04.12.2012 , 05:21 PM | #526
Poor Bioware. When they do something bad they get **** on. When they do something good they get **** on. It's no win.

Noxulifer
04.12.2012 , 05:22 PM | #527
Quote: Originally Posted by paspinall View Post
and Where did you get that from !?!? The notice doesnt mention any country restrictions I could see
Nah, my mistake. I just thought US was... the US. Since it was in capital letters, but the whole sentence was...

I can understand why people get angry, but still. The ones suffering these last months were mostly lvl50 players. The worst bugs was in endgame, what I had seen atleast, once one hit lvl50 there wasn´t enough to do either...

Even though low lvl players was also affected by the low populations...
Server Kai-kan - DEAD. Give us servermerge or character transfer NOW! Time is short, Diablo 3 is coming and it will kill you with fire!

Pawlas
04.12.2012 , 05:22 PM | #528
I have been thining about this for a while now, i will give Bioware few days to correct that horrible mistake they made. Either i will get a proof that customers are treated equally, not based of thei playstyle, or im not resubbing. I know my 15 $ dont make a difference, but there are lot players that feel about this the same as me.

islander
04.12.2012 , 05:22 PM | #529
Quote: Originally Posted by Shockey View Post
My subscription ran out on Tuesday, April 10th. I finally got paid today and was able to buy a 60-Day Time Card and I just re-subbed 40 minutes ago. I missed the cut off I guess by a couple of hours. So I'm just wondering if I get this special deal? I do have a level 50 character. I'm just curious if I might be put into the category to get this special 30 free days. I understand if I don't and I guess it was just bad luck.

I've been playing since January and I miss a couple of days due to money issues and finally re-sub today and I don't get this special offer because I didn't have an active account by a certain time? Kind of sucks don't you think? Also, I did not see the annoucement until after I put the code in.

Thanks.
thats what you get for procrastinating. Fail.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

Sane
04.12.2012 , 05:23 PM | #530
Where's my free month BioWare? I've been following this game since it was announce. I've been playing since beta and subbed since day one.

Yet, I don't get an extra free month because I haven't finished a character to level 50 yet?

I love the new BioWare. Man, first DA2, then ME3, and even when many say bad things about SWTOR, I still find it enjoyable. Now I'm being slapped in the face for being a loyal customer, but apparently not loyal enough because I haven't gotten a character to 50 yet.

This is ridiculous, and whomever thought up this "gift" needs a reality check. It should be for any players that have been subscribed since day one.