Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I want my Dps sin back. Any hope for a viable sin in 6.0

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
I want my Dps sin back. Any hope for a viable sin in 6.0

FlavivsAetivs
08.30.2018 , 08:16 AM | #21
Yeah I agree, really the only thing DPS Shadows/Sins need is the 30% DR while stunned to be made a passive trait.
A.K.A. Magister Militum Flavius Aetius
Eudoxia Eudoxya
Umbra
Jedi Covenant

olagatonjedi
08.30.2018 , 12:04 PM | #22
He also didnt mention the self heal.

AdjeYo
08.30.2018 , 12:15 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
He also didnt mention the self heal.
To be fair, Overcharge Saber is a pretty **** defensive (except in tank spec, since it also adds 25% DR for tanks)

olagatonjedi
09.01.2018 , 11:09 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by AdjeYo View Post
To be fair, Overcharge Saber is a pretty **** defensive (except in tank spec, since it also adds 25% DR for tanks)
If its used by sins, it has its place as a dcd. It doesnt have to be groundbreaking to be a dcd.

themarcthree
09.05.2018 , 02:01 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Letsjet View Post
Rumors? Thoughts? Any way they could have a spec that gimps defense for increased damage?
I missed the awesome sin days when I could't play. I guess they aint coming back?
I agree, look at Merc for example. It has powerful dcd's plus healing capabilities plus Ars has a lot of burst and IO is just strong as well, Dueling a Merc as a Sin shouldn't feel like a futile effort. I hope they either buff Sin dcd's or make deception have some better survivability or have hatred heal more or less if they can buff the damage. Sin now reminds me of what they did to Sorc a while back after it was really great then got nerfed practically to the bottom and has slowly been making its way back. So that brings me some hope for Sin, but also looking at parses on parsley brings me some hope of Sin either getting some dcd buffs or just getting something to help it survive better.
GLORY FOR THE EMPIRE!!!!!
#EbonHawk4Life
#GIVE US A PVE STRONGHOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jinre_the_Jedi
09.05.2018 , 05:28 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by AdjeYo View Post
It's basically a medpac, healing roughly 25% total health for Hatred, and closer to 45-55% total HP for Deception, it's not a bad DCD, just need to now how/when to use it.

themarcthree
09.05.2018 , 06:26 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinre_the_Jedi View Post
It's basically a medpac, healing roughly 25% total health for Hatred, and closer to 45-55% total HP for Deception, it's not a bad DCD, just need to now how/when to use it.
I agree, it also helps hatred in the aspect of increasing your heals and dots but besides that and what you mentioned not much use for it.
GLORY FOR THE EMPIRE!!!!!
#EbonHawk4Life
#GIVE US A PVE STRONGHOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jinre_the_Jedi
09.10.2018 , 02:25 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by themarcthree View Post
I agree, it also helps hatred in the aspect of increasing your heals and dots but besides that and what you mentioned not much use for it.
Yea. I find that often, people misuses this ability the most, out of the entire kit of DCDs that sin has (albeit a limited kit). Often, they pop it when they are close to dead, or under 50% HP. Thing is, the ability actually heals 2-3x more than the initial burst heal of 15% if you are actively in combat using melee abilities (which favors deception more than hatred). But many will use this as a med pac, so to speak, and stealth out while the buff is still up, or disengage combat, which nullifies the heal over time aspect of the ability.

Diego-Allstar
09.16.2018 , 07:37 PM | #29
sin/shadow dcds arent great imo since you are extremely susceptible to stunlock globals if you miss the right timing because of the squishiness of the class. if played right, you can mitigate tons of damage obviously.

what bugs me most is the loss of phasewalk. I used to use it in combination with vanish for guaranteed success to heal up in solo ranked etc. now that pw is gone you basically have to force speed out of the engagement and hope nobody charges you or aoe spams while you spam your vanish. more often than not I found myself in stealth but also in combat and have to wait painfully long amounts of time to get outfight and be able to regenerate. it's just annoying to see maras being the better stealth class these days. they can vanish every 45sec opposed to a sin's 75sec (IF specced, else it is 120), pop predation and run across the entire map, up to a distance where you automatically leave combat. while in some occasions they get chased by other maras, it generally feels much more effective than assassin's vanish, creeping across the map desperately trying to get out of combat while your team is just dying.
if sins dont get back PW I would like them to get something like 100% speed boost 10sec after using battlevanish or so, to make up for the more often than not failed attempt to get out of combat reliably. I mean, that is pretty much the classes' theme after all.
alternatively, sins/shadows could be made immune to being put into combat mode for a few seconds after using vanish, as long as they dont use offensive abilities.