Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Alacrity Threshold in 6.0 Equivalent to the Old 1860

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
New Alacrity Threshold in 6.0 Equivalent to the Old 1860

JediQuaker
12.02.2019 , 09:02 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by orig_mrrabbit View Post
...Do your OWN testing on your personal starship using your OWN test dummy each time you make any gearing changes to your toon..... Yada, yada, yada
Why would I want to do all that for something so relatively minor? The best I could hope for by doing all that would be to shave a few points off my Alacrity to put a few in Critical. Well, whoop-de-do! 🙂
I don't think I even have a test dummy in my ship. And aren't there two types of dummy - PvP or OP? Which one should I use?
I realize that might be a thing that a dedicated min-maxer or PvP or OPs player may enjoy, or at least feel they need to do, but we casual PvE'ers don't need to bother. Just going with typical values, taking bonuses into account, is good enough. 😉

And, btw, here's a question....
Have you tested your overall DPS using various Alacrity/CD values? You may find that, although you are doing more attacks/skills with a lower CD rate, are you doing as much overall damage due to the reduction in Crit and w/e? And, if you do do more damage, is it enough to bother with?
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

LD_Little_Dragon
12.02.2019 , 11:02 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
Have you tested your overall DPS using various Alacrity/CD values? You may find that, although you are doing more attacks/skills with a lower CD rate, are you doing as much overall damage due to the reduction in Crit and w/e? And, if you do do more damage, is it enough to bother with?
I realize you were asking another player this question but you might want to know, that I did test the low and high alacricity. I'm not a NiM raider by any stretch, but sacrificing critical for alacricity is worth is.

On a ruffian (dot spec) scoundrel, same set bonus/tacitcal, and only differences were the alacricity and critical.

Low alacricity was parsing for roughly 17k dps.
High alacricity was roughly 19k dps.

This worked out for the legacy OPs as well. I do about 10% better dps with high alacricity than with low. Getting extra hits in during your uptime on the boss is more important than getting bigger hits from the higher critical stat.
Stealthy heals, stealthy dps, stealthy tank.

Rion_Starkiller
12.02.2019 , 01:14 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by LD_Little_Dragon View Post
I realize you were asking another player this question but you might want to know, that I did test the low and high alacricity. I'm not a NiM raider by any stretch, but sacrificing critical for alacricity is worth is.

On a ruffian (dot spec) scoundrel, same set bonus/tacitcal, and only differences were the alacricity and critical.

Low alacricity was parsing for roughly 17k dps.
High alacricity was roughly 19k dps.

This worked out for the legacy OPs as well. I do about 10% better dps with high alacricity than with low. Getting extra hits in during your uptime on the boss is more important than getting bigger hits from the higher critical stat.
Hmm, are you sure you're using ~3200 alacrity...? Because alacrity relic is BiS now for non-Dxun raids, and the new ability resets the CD of Stimboost/Pugnacity. With stimboost, that should put you well over the ~15% alacrity threshold for 1.3 gcd. Same with the Alacrity relic.
-Beruhl, NiM Space Barbie and Solo Ranked Forum PvP (ง︡'-'︠)ง
(\/)(,,,,)(\/) ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱(̢ ̡͇̅└͇̅┘͇̅ (▤8כ−◦
8 pugs and a grophet i do what i want major league memes can i borrow a stim?

LD_Little_Dragon
12.02.2019 , 02:59 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Hmm, are you sure you're using ~3200 alacrity...? Because alacrity relic is BiS now for non-Dxun raids, and the new ability resets the CD of Stimboost/Pugnacity. With stimboost, that should put you well over the ~15% alacrity threshold for 1.3 gcd. Same with the Alacrity relic.
Quite sure, my main spec is heals, so I've been running with a tiny bit above 3206 for a while for that spec, and switching to high alacricity on the dps spec for testing was very easy.

I don't use clicky relics, they might be BiS for the NiM types raiders, but I'm really nowhere near that level and flub the rotation enough without adding a clicky relic to it. I use the devastating vengeance for legacy content. (and ephemeral mending, but mainly because the mastery/power relics are useless)
Stealthy heals, stealthy dps, stealthy tank.

Qunitas
12.02.2019 , 08:44 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by phalczen View Post
I think that was true for amplifiers but is that actually true for 2-piece bonuses?
I can confirm that two sets with 2% Alacrity do NOT stack with each other.

orig_mrrabbit
12.02.2019 , 11:06 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Qunitas View Post
I can confirm that two sets with 2% Alacrity do NOT stack with each other.
Not only are you right on this, but I didn't even see a change with ONE set.

I actually submitted a bug report to Bioware.

I also informed that by the way they worded it for each set's bonus AND for the Flagship Zeal Set Bonus . . .

. . . it should be Current Alacrity Rating % + 2%

And again when adding a second set.

I'm of half a mind to ask for 5 Million Back + 15k Tech Fragments.

I'll probably end up re-shelling my Arsenal Merc...I like the Apex Predator one, but I typically do not roll on gear in OPs.

=8-(