Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Slowly Breathe in, Slowly Breathe out

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Slowly Breathe in, Slowly Breathe out

CFSouldier
12.15.2011 , 09:42 AM | #1
Lets all settle down here and take a few breaths. Bioware and EA created an amazing game for us and isn't purposely trying to disrupt our lives or upset anyone. They are a business and like any other business they have to make decisions that will not only keep them in business but make us fans happy.

From what I can see, they did an excellent job keeping everyone excited about the game even allowed a record number of people into the last BETA. As far as the launch, this is a really great idea and will benefit way more people than it is frustrating.

While a few are complaining they got ripped off because they didn't read properly or don't understand marketing gimmicks, there is a huge percentage more that would be complaining if everyone got in at once and couldn't play for five days because of server errors and queues.

Starchyld
12.15.2011 , 09:44 AM | #2
Im currently having an asthma attack due to unrelated reasons, I support this thread
Jawa Jedi training

Pheroras
12.15.2011 , 09:45 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by CFSouldier View Post
Lets all settle down here and take a few breaths. Bioware and EA created an amazing game for us and isn't purposely trying to disrupt our lives or upset anyone. They are a business and like any other business they have to make decisions that will not only keep them in business but make us fans happy.

From what I can see, they did an excellent job keeping everyone excited about the game even allowed a record number of people into the last BETA. As far as the launch, this is a really great idea and will benefit way more people than it is frustrating.

While a few are complaining they got ripped off because they didn't read properly or don't understand marketing gimmicks, are is a huge percentage more that would be complaining if everyone got in at once and couldn't play for five days because of server errors and queues.
If every pre order gets in today, as some have speculated in other threads, then Bioware has met their promise of up to 5 days free. They have done everyone a square deal by moving the Ea to the 13th.
have a great day of gaming
"I feel a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced."

Leiloni
12.15.2011 , 09:51 AM | #4
They never ever promised everyone 5 days. But, this is an MMO game forum and you can't really expect that people won't be upset and qqing all day long. It's just the norm. What does surprise me is the amount of people that have read that "Up to" phrase wrong.

Let me say it again. They never ever promised 5 days. "Up to" 5 days means you could maybe if you're lucky get 5 days, but you're only guaranteed 1 day.

That being said, they extended the period to 7 days and gave people extra time, and it also looks like they're going to be ahead of schedule and give most people more time than expected since most will be in by the end of today.

They exceeded expectations and did a lot more than they actually promised us they would.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=1753652#edit1753270