Conquest Feedback and Upcoming Changes

EricMusco

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's actually very smart of Bioware to do this. First they greatly revamp and change around something, and when the final product is ready, they knew wasn't perfect and released it. Now they will do patches over the next year "fixing" and "adding stuff" back that was there before, and call it new content. Edited by ThomasStarWars

It's actually very smart of Bioware to do this. First they greatly revamp and change around something, and when the final product is ready, they knew wasn't perfect and released it. Now they will do patches over the next year "fixing" and "adding stuff" back that was there before, and call it new content.

That's were you and they are both wrong.

All they have to do is roll-back the old version - it will take them 1hour maximum.

The longer they wait the more paying customers will stop paying and leave the game.

It's as simple as that.

Do gf ops ever actually pop? Serious question. I've never been able to do one, despite trying every time I log on to play. I leveled to 70 back in August, and have never had one pop.

No, the GF OPS do not pop, the PUG OPS runs are pre-built on the fleet and then queued through GF, but other than that the answer is no.

I have played the game since the GF was put into the game, and I have not had any pops in it ever.

As a DPS toon, getting MM FP is hard enough to get a pop, some times you get a pop in 10 min and other times you do not a get a single pop in 4 hours.

It is slightly better after the server merge, before that you might have gotten 1 pop in a week (EU side).

Usual way to run the MM FP is to build the group in guild chat and then queue.

This varies depending on what time of the day you are queuing, if you tend to play outside of peak time then getting a pop is harder. US side it is easier to get a pop off peak time than EU.

On EU server my ping is 20ms and US east coast 80ms, it does not adversely effect PVE too much.

You are forgetting that Xeno is once per legacy per week, once you have done that with once toon, no one else from the same legacy will get conquest points from it during the Gree event.

It may have been lost in the pages on pages of posts here, but I did acknowledge that Xeno was a one off. Hasn't he always been a one off though so how does that make the one off nature of Xeno an issue now? I could be remembering it incorrectly, and if I am my bad. I remember Xeno being one per legacy in the "old days".

It may have been lost in the pages on pages of posts here, but I did acknowledge that Xeno was a one off. Hasn't he always been a one off though so how does that make the one off nature of Xeno an issue now? I could be remembering it incorrectly, and if I am my bad. I remember Xeno being one per legacy in the "old days".

See that is something I don't understand, the specific flashpoints listed in conquest has always been a one time deal so I had to pick which character was going to do it, so I don't understand why it has all of a sudden become a big deal now.

(example: http://dulfy.net/2014/08/07/swtor-planetary-conquests-guide/#Conquest_Death_Mark if you look under one time objective, Kuat Yards, False Emperor is only a one time objective)

Edited by casirabit

See that is something I don't understand, the specific flashpoints listed in conquest has always been a one time deal so I had to pick which character was going to do it, so I don't understand why it has all of a sudden become a big deal now.

(example: http://dulfy.net/2014/08/07/swtor-planetary-conquests-guide/#Conquest_Death_Mark if you look under one time objective, Kuat Yards, False Emperor is only a one time objective)

It's a big issue because so little is repeatable. My guild is medium sized. We won planets by repeatable objectives. We are number two on a large yield this week, and that mostly because the patch is so buggy we have gotten points for 'things we did NOT do', and points on other targets that I am absolutely certain are NOT functioning as intended. That's part of the reason that I am hesitant to even do much in conquest this week. Most of this is not working as intended, at least in the point awards and I'd like to actually try to see if I can make the goal in a functional, working as designed, conquest system.

I am certain that there is a perception that our guild is large because we won frequently. We aren't large. We are active and have a lot of alts. We made the yield target on the large this week due to the many bugs. If the design had actually 'worked' I am pretty sure NONE of the guilds on that list would have made the yield target, even the one in first place, who actually HAS the individual account numbers that 'should' have made them able to do so.

What this new design means for us is that if we want to win we are in fact going to have to go against other medium sized OR small guilds to win planets. Guilds with actual individual member numbers that are high will exclusively win large yield. Guilds with 126 active accounts (like ours) and lots of alts are only viable, if we want to win, on medium and small yield. Pushing the majority DOWN to medium and small yield targets will lessen the likelihood that a small guild will ever take a title. It is definitely not what they planned on doing but seems to be the end result.

Edited by Kyrra_T

It's actually very smart of Bioware to do this. First they greatly revamp and change around something, and when the final product is ready, they knew wasn't perfect and released it. Now they will do patches over the next year "fixing" and "adding stuff" back that was there before, and call it new content.

Think they're trying to squeeze some money out of EA for this new and 'improved' conquest system?

No one wants this material to be grindy, its supposed to be fun not the crap we have.

People want everything to be fast and easy, and that's why the quality of the MMO genre has worsened over the past decade. Keep asking for fast and easy, and you'll get what you want until you dont get anything.

I've already talked to other guild officers in my guild and clearly we all are done with "their conquest" we will play the game how we want to,

You weren't playing the game how you wanted to in the first place? Perhaps that's the root cause of your frustration.

900 players will ALWAYS beat 9 players. every time. only by limiting the number of contributing players can the devs make it at all "fair". And if they do that they might as well just kill conquest all together.

Wrong, as has been mentioned and illustrated before, and seen live in swtor.

speaking as someone from a guild with around 30 active accounts at most times, its not always possible to do the content you want, on the characters you want, because sometimes we need healers, sometimes we need tanks, so the basic premiss of getting all the conquest points on one character then start working on the next just doesnt work.

i made a brand new character after this patch went live, as a place holder for when bored with end game stuff and want to maybe join in with some lower levelled guildies, and first kill, blam, 7k cp for the 2 wb's on ilum, on a level 2 character.

so, after 4 days, i got my first character to the cp goal, i am close to getting my 2nd character to cp goal, and have a shotgun splattering of cp's on 7 others including a level 2 operative who has 7k cp and no chance to do any of the other objectives.

legacy wide lock outs suck, the new points and objectives wouldnt have been a problem if all the content was available per character and not have all the big point stuff once per account, or even better, if we have legacy wide lock outs, make those points apply to each character on the legacy, i'd have been more than happy to run through all the one shot rewards on whichever character and role was needed for the group, knowing that all my other characters also got those point rewards, i could have got all my characters capped on day 1, then sepnt the rest of the week making full use of the double cxp

math is NOT your friend. 900 players can do 900 one time objectives, netting 100x the points 9 players can.

Please figure out what you're saying. First you said they will ALWAYS beat them. Then you said they CAN beat them. There IS a difference between those two statements. One is true, and one is false. Math has nothing to do with it. I'll let you figure it out from here.

You weren't playing the game how you wanted to in the first place? Perhaps that's the root cause of your frustration.

I think you miss his/her point. Conquest was probably the 'last' thing keeping them engaged in the game. Conquest 'drove' their choices, AMONG the things they liked to do.

Now it doesn't. AND it is slower than watching paint dry to get points.

I can't believe anyone enjoys the revamp unless they simply believe that 'sticking it' to their (perception of) the elites/large guilds' is worth their personal pain. Particularly since it actually is sticking it to EVERYBODY with a system that forces people who prefer to play socially in groups to do only individual activities. And the majority of the (very few) repeatable objectives are solo.

I can tell you that a number of people who only are able to play weekends, yet contribute to conquest, logged on and looked at the goals and simply ran the 'very few' groupable activities in conquest and didn't even 'attempt' to make their personal conquest under this system.

I've personally calmed down. I'm waiting till Tuesday because I said I would if they gave me a plan. If at the very least the huge bugginess of point awards are not fixed then I walk away. I'm not the only person who feels this way.

And I 'do' know what it takes to plan, code and execute a release, within large systems, at a large company. I'm a retired programmer. No, they can't 'fix' this overnight. They have a very bad set of code in there and 'fixing' it is going to be nigh on impossible without ripping out major portions of what they put in.

Edited by Kyrra_T

I think you miss his/her point. Conquest was probably the 'last' thing keeping them engaged in the game. Conquest 'drove' their choices, AMONG the things they liked to do.

Now it doesn't. AND it is slower than watching paint dry to get points.

I can't believe anyone enjoys the revamp unless they simply believe that 'sticking it' to their (perception of) the elites/large guilds' is worth their personal pain. Particularly since it actually is sticking it to EVERYBODY with a system that forces people who prefer to play socially in groups to do only individual activities. And the majority of the (very few) repeatable objectives are solo.

I can tell you that a number of people who only are able to play weekends, yet contribute to conquest, logged on and looked at the goals and simply ran the 'very few' groupable activities in conquest and didn't even 'attempt' to make their personal conquest under this system.

I've personally calmed down. I'm waiting till Tuesday because I said I would if they gave me a plan. If at the very least the huge bugginess of point awards are not fixed then I walk away. I'm not the only person who feels this way.

And I 'do' know what it takes to plan, code and execute a release, within large systems, at a large company. I'm a retired programmer. No, they can't 'fix' this overnight. They have a very bad set of code in there and 'fixing' it is going to be nigh on impossible without ripping out major portions of what they put in.

If only one aspect of the game is the only thing keeping people interested in the game, they are flirting with fire in the first place. That is their choice, just a very self-limiting one, and certainly one that BW isnt going to worry about towing the line to please. The game is dynamic. It is definitely going to change....regularly.....every year or two. Many times the single aspect that is keeping them here will be changed. If they like the game, and MMOs in general, they need to be willing (at the very least), capable, or understanding that the changes made may not be in their best interest. If that is the tipping point, so be it. They can leave. If they understand the nature, or allow themselves to enjoy multiple aspects of the game, they likely won't leave. Also keep in mind a lot of this backlash, as it always is, is a whole lot of empty threats and lip service to try to get what they personally want, not for what is best for the game as an entity. After 7 years, BW has seen it all to often to believe it's anything more than a bunch of boys crying wolf.

Edited by olagatonjedi

math is NOT your friend. 900 players can do 900 one time objectives, netting 100x the points 9 players can.

Only when objective are limited as you have said here to be one time objective. In the past, there were some of these, but there were also more repeatable objective for operations, warzones, Starfighter, heroics, crafting, flashpoints, and uprisings. So in the old system, 9 people with alts could and frequently did make it onto the leader board, and some were able to actually win planets. This too is because of math, but just not with the limited set of objectives that you choose to include in your argument.

Edited by Exly

If only one aspect of the game is the only thing keeping people interested in the game, they are flirting with fire in the first place. That is their choice, just a very self-limiting one, and certainly one that BW isnt going to worry about towing the line to please. The game is dynamic. It is definitely going to change....regularly.....every year or two. Many times the single aspect that is keeping them here will be changed. If they like the game, and MMOs in general, they need to be willing (at the very least), capable, or understanding that the changes made may not be in their best interest. If that is the tipping point, so be it. They can leave. If they understand the nature, or allow themselves to enjoy multiple aspects of the game, they likely won't leave. Also keep in mind a lot of this backlash, as it always is, is a whole lot of empty threats and lip service to try to get what they personally want, not for what is best for the game as an entity. After 7 years, BW has seen it all to often to believe it's anything more than a bunch of boys crying wolf.

You've noticed the decline in population that led to server merges right? These choices are decreasing membership and will continue to do so.

Everything in the game that is left to do is old content. If the repeatable nature of the content is not enjoyable players will leave. As they always have. This tipping point is much, much worse than galactic command and galactic command saw a large loss of players.

If the game loses the players willing to play 'old' content as well then there is nothing left to play.

Our 'new' content. Uprisings. A profound failure. Name anyone who plays them regularly, or when not pursuing either a conquest objective (repeatable prod to do the uprising) or an achievement (single prod to do the uprising), ONE new Operation(this is at least repeat prod but not something most will want to make the sole point of their playing a game), Companion returns that are TWO SENTENCES long(single prod, at best, to do the return). Two Flashpoints that few will play once they have their achievements and all the decorations they want from those flashpoints (Small prod to repeat).

Repeating content is a key reason to play at this point in the life of the game. A large portion of that repeat-ability has been removed.

Edited by Kyrra_T

I'm in the camp that's waiting until Tuesday to make any decisions.

The new conquest system sucks for how I play the game, that's all there is to it. A month ago it was fine, for me, and I wanted to keep doing it until I unlocked the Galaxy Conqueror title. THAT was (still is) my goal, my only remaining goal in game that I haven't met. I've been willing to put up with a little inconvenience to get that goal.

This patch is no longer a "little" inconvenience for my play style.

There are some crafting weeks where I can get 30-40 toons through with the personal goal, which helps the guild get on the leader board so I get the guild level rewards too.

Some non crafting weeks, where Nar Shaddaa heroics count, I can get as many toons as I have time for through to personal goals. 18k/20k for JUST one round the heroics, easily done. I'd get 6 done a night some nights. It accomplished two different things, getting the conquest rewards (jawa junk mostly) and grinding cxp on my army of alts.

This week the implemented the change isn't conducive to that play style. Some of the new point values doesn't bode well. The lack of bonus for specific planetary invasion doesn't sit well with me...can't do as many alts on NS week for example.

Tuesday will be a big clue on what people who have similar play styles to me are going to do.

Edited by Darev

You've noticed the decline in population that led to server merges right? These choices are decreasing membership and will continue to do so.

Everything in the game that is left to do is old content. If the repeatable nature of the content is not enjoyable players will leave. As they always have. This tipping point is much, much worse than galactic command and galactic command saw a large loss of players.

If the game loses the players willing to play 'old' content as well then there is nothing left to play.

Our 'new' content. Uprisings. A profound failure. Name anyone who plays them regularly, or when not pursuing either a conquest objective (repeatable prod to do the uprising) or an achievement (single prod to do the uprising), ONE new Operation, Companion returns that are TWO SENTENCES long(single prod, at best, to do the return). Two Flashpoints that few will play once they have their achievements and all the decorations they want from those flashpoints (Small prod to repeat).

Repeating content is a key reason to play at this point in the life of the game. A large portion of that repeat-ability has been removed.

Totally agree with this last line^

speaking as someone from a guild with around 30 active accounts at most times, its not always possible to do the content you want, on the characters you want, because sometimes we need healers, sometimes we need tanks, so the basic premiss of getting all the conquest points on one character then start working on the next just doesnt work.

i made a brand new character after this patch went live, as a place holder for when bored with end game stuff and want to maybe join in with some lower levelled guildies, and first kill, blam, 7k cp for the 2 wb's on ilum, on a level 2 character.

so, after 4 days, i got my first character to the cp goal, i am close to getting my 2nd character to cp goal, and have a shotgun splattering of cp's on 7 others including a level 2 operative who has 7k cp and no chance to do any of the other objectives.

legacy wide lock outs suck, the new points and objectives wouldnt have been a problem if all the content was available per character and not have all the big point stuff once per account, or even better, if we have legacy wide lock outs, make those points apply to each character on the legacy, i'd have been more than happy to run through all the one shot rewards on whichever character and role was needed for the group, knowing that all my other characters also got those point rewards, i could have got all my characters capped on day 1, then sepnt the rest of the week making full use of the double cxp

Additionally, when you switch characters you risk 'things' being reset. The current system has a problem differentiating between character, legacy and even guild, when awarding points.

Only when objective are limited as you have said here to be one time objective. In the past, there were some of these, but there were also more repeatable objective for operations, warzones, Starfighter, heroics, crafting, flashpoints, and uprisings. So in the old system, 9 people with alts could and frequently did make it onto the leader board, and some were able to actually win planets. This too is because of math, but just not with the limited set of objectives that you choose to include in your argument.

I was actually able to get on the board pre-mergers, during Total Galactic War, with a 3 person guild and only 2 actives. And that was with making contributions to my main guild at the same time and reaching the personal goal with 3 characters in that guild. Now that'll definitely never happen again.