Isn't Chronicle just a rip off of the force?

ChewiesArmy

That was an awesome anime. The scene that sticks in my head is when the mousy little librarian schoolgirl ('cause let's face it, it's an anime) takes all the cash out of a guy's wallet and makes a katana.

Yomiko Readman. She's great. You should read the Manga. It's only like 4 volumes of Read or Die, but they're good. It's followed by the Read or Dream manga series with the Paper Sisters. But yeah, Yomiko makes a sword out of money and uses it to block against a lightning sword. Nvm the fact she can disguise a Skyscraper with sheets of paper.

Since when did the Force consist of some kind of "alien" relic that gave powers to FLY and control things? I can't recall no Jedi or Sith being able to fly without some kind of jet pack or something.

Also, I Am Number Four was a terrific movie. Out of anything, I Am Number Four is and will be the only movie that I can compare Chronicle with. I'm currently re-reading the book now.

Chronicle isn't a ripoff of the Force. It's just a new sci-fi movie that have super-powers.

Sorta minus the fact that the force does not grant unlimited power (such as substained flight). vary fue in the sw universe could maintain floating three feet off the ground wile meditateing, Let alone fly around like superman for hours on end.

Though the characters did show the typical novalized force corruption. Overall was not a fan of the movie to many plot holes and a magical unexplained plot device that conveniently becomes unreachable to avoid any explaination. Its was just your standard money grab movie, with a stright to dvd production budget released to theaters for a high profit margin.

Sorta minus the fact that the force does not grant unlimited power (such as substained flight). vary fue in the sw universe could maintain floating three feet off the ground wile meditateing, Let alone fly around like superman for hours on end.

Though the characters did show the typical novalized force corruption. Overall was not a fan of the movie to many plot holes and a magical unexplained plot device that conveniently becomes unreachable to avoid any explaination. Its was just your standard money grab movie, with a stright to dvd production budget released to theaters for a high profit margin.

I knew about going about three or so feet above ground during mediating. I didn't mean it in that way, but meant as in fly physically and travel around.

"Novalized force corruption" stems from how humans generally become drunk with power over time. This concept is in A LOT of stories.

"Isn't Chronicle just a rip off of the force?"

Isn't the FORCE just a rip off of the natural Phenomenon called 'Telekinesis'? "Jedi Mind Trick" or is it just 'Mental Manipulation, Known as 'Telepathy'?

My point is any and all good ideas come from something that most likely existed before or a variant of something was created because of something based upon another.

So could there been the force with out Telekinesis or Telepathy, or could there be force lightning with out the conditioning just right for the weather to blow up a major lightning storm. Everything is connected. I kind of get the feeling George Lucas probably read a few of the mint golden years of the X-MEN Comics and then later got his idea for the FORCE.

If you know the X-MEN then you understand what i am saying. Or Did Stan Lee get the idea for the X-MEN from the old Vintage 50tys footage of people moving and bending spoons with their very thoughts. who is to say. Just Enjoy the ideas of the good people of today no matter how they created or just stumbled upon them and watch the magic come together of an idea.....

LOL Sorry if i got to deep, kinda on a roll at 6 am and dead tired cause i just cant sleep. Heres an idea to self, i need to start drinking again at least i past out and got some sleep then. lol

How is a movie about four ancient warlocks with magical powers the same as three random teenagers coming into surprise super powers?

The movie's premise is completely different.

Also, telekinesis existed before The Force.

Blizzard invented mmos.

Same principle... dont bother :rolleyes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scyrax

How is a movie about four ancient warlocks with magical powers the same as three random teenagers coming into surprise super powers?

The movie's premise is completely different.

Also, telekinesis existed before The Force.

Isn't the FORCE just a rip off of the natural Phenomenon called 'Telekinesis'?

U see the part where i said "rip off" wasn't i referring to in that statement that the idea for the force came from Telekinesis? ;)

which goes with out saying what naturally came first....