Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

More people are excited about a new speicies than anything else in the EXP...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
More people are excited about a new speicies than anything else in the EXP...

Chaoslordfox
07.21.2019 , 01:39 PM | #11
As much as a new class would be great. Would not work. It would not be as well done as some of the other classes and would be the worse story of all of them. They do not have the means to bring it in at this point. Would be more work then they are willing to do.
Welcome to the realm of chaos and destruction

MorseGod
07.21.2019 , 02:40 PM | #12
I have 8 toons. One run through each of the 8 stories was enough, so I don't intend to create more. It's a nice addition for all those folks who do want to keep making multiple toons with the same class to replay the story over and over, but that's certainly not me.
Guildmaster, Help (Star Forge)
Was this post helpful? Please click my referral link.

ceryxp
07.21.2019 , 02:48 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by JepFareborn View Post
What about hot neon-pink Zeltrons?
And white skinned (not pale Caucasian, but actual white skin) and silver eyed Echani?
--------------------------------------------------
Click the link. You know you wanna. You'll get free stuff. - http://www.swtor.com/r/W9ZqZj

OlBuzzard
07.21.2019 , 05:19 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Delani View Post
HMMMM how about introducing a new class and a new species at the same time :0
A wookies class or a droid class or a zeltron class etc
The Wookie and droid would not necessarily be a class .. more like another race ... which I would have preferred any ways !

There have been a couple of suggestions in the last month or so ... even with deep roots in SWTOR lore ... found in the suggestion forum.

Ya know .... the Wookie idea as a race really is starting to grow on me !! There are a few moments ... where I just have a mental image of what would happen !!

(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

OlBuzzard
07.21.2019 , 05:26 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Chaoslordfox View Post
As much as a new class would be great. Would not work. It would not be as well done as some of the other classes and would be the worse story of all of them. They do not have the means to bring it in at this point. Would be more work then they are willing to do.
Actually... IF that class were introduced now at this juncture .. with the new conflict between Republic and Empire again.. it could be an ideal time.

It could happen.

OK... granted it's quite a dream in the clouds (so to speak) ... but it's something that I would like to see!

And for whatever it's worth .. you're probably right. Good grief ! It's a stretch to think that the stuff players are needing NOW. Adding something as big as a new class, would probably never make it to the planning stage... let alone make it in the game !

Delani
07.21.2019 , 06:11 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by MorseGod View Post
I have 8 toons. One run through each of the 8 stories was enough, so I don't intend to create more. It's a nice addition for all those folks who do want to keep making multiple toons with the same class to replay the story over and over, but that's certainly not me.
Its mainly for rp purposes, no class story or dialogue is needed tbh. People can use it in PVe and PvP as well. It just adds more flavor to the game imo. Things are too monotonous

Delani
07.21.2019 , 06:12 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Chaoslordfox View Post
They could do a new class rather easy tbh, it might take 6 months to a year but if people want a 1-50 class story then thats out the question.

Elessara
07.21.2019 , 06:19 PM | #18
I could not care less about a new playable species. It's cool for those who want it but I am not one of them.

And they could do another 1-50 class as long as they could fit it into the pre-existing class stories.

Damask_Rose
07.21.2019 , 06:38 PM | #19
Why are new species in a Star Wars game bringing so many players a lot of happiness? Maybe allow more playable speices? even if that means less customization options and subtitle cutscenes.

Ex: Cerean, Bothan, Mon Calamari, Selkath, etc
Probably more people are excited about the new species than other things right now because we know very little about anything else out side of gear itemization. I can't imagine that people who care enough about story and aesthetics enough to want to roll new characters as Nautolans would be happy with fewer customization options and certainly not the horrible subtitled cutscenes.

OlBuzzard
07.21.2019 , 07:24 PM | #20
They could do a new class rather easy tbh, it might take 6 months to a year but if people want a 1-50 class story then thats out the question.
I agree...
The 1-50 option .. or actually come to think of it ... let's say PRE-KotFE probably would be difficult at best ! And considering the expense to redo some of that... probably not wort it really (when it gets right down to it).

That said: KotFE or post KotET could be done at this juncture without any difficulty at all (IMO) .

In fact ... TBH .. another class could bring some more interesting game options to the table for both LS / Republic & DS / Empire players alike !

I have to be honest about that Wookie race option as well ... that still strikes me as something that just has the right ring to it for some reason !