Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The Kira return thread


OldVengeance's Avatar


OldVengeance
12.17.2018 , 04:40 AM | #1
So one of the biggest things that stood out to me from the Bad Feelings Podcast with Charles and Eric was he mentioned the Kira return again.

He said he is aware the Kira (and Scourge) are at the top of the list when it comes to fanbase anticipation.

And what he said was at this point he's sort of torn between finding a good balance of just getting her back quickly and making her return feel more important.

He also said that they had put together another short reunion for in the vein of all the short Alliance Alerts that have been out recently, but he also seemed interested in feedback about what people wanted.

"Do we do something that we can get done quickly and get her back, or do we try to do something a little bigger because we have kept her away from you for so long? Let me know, what do y'all think? I don't know."

He had previously said that the Kira and Scourge reunion wasn't in 5.10 because "They wanted to put a little more beef on that" which suggested they had something at least a little more than the standard reunions planned.

Speaking for myself, I don't want to have waited all these years for an underwhelming return. I mean we've waited this long. I think I'd prefer a longer reunion.

QuinlanSaathis's Avatar


QuinlanSaathis
12.17.2018 , 04:59 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by OldVengeance View Post
Speaking for myself, I don't want to have waited all these years for an underwhelming return. I mean we've waited this long. I think I'd prefer a longer reunion.
This ^^

Goreshaga's Avatar


Goreshaga
12.17.2018 , 06:01 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by OldVengeance View Post
"Do we do something that we can get done quickly and get her back, or do we try to do something a little bigger because we have kept her away from you for so long? Let me know, what do y'all think? I don't know."

He had previously said that the Kira and Scourge reunion wasn't in 5.10 because "They wanted to put a little more beef on that" which suggested they had something at least a little more than the standard reunions planned.

Speaking for myself, I don't want to have waited all these years for an underwhelming return. I mean we've waited this long. I think I'd prefer a longer reunion.
I'd rather wait longer to get her and Scourge back but have a satisfying return than get done with it in an underwhelming fashion, especially since they're both important companions to my main character.

Paulsutherland's Avatar


Paulsutherland
12.17.2018 , 06:18 AM | #4
I think the ideal moments for Kira to return have come and gone multiple times.

* She could have been in the KOTFE/ET Story ... seeing as she (and scourge) have a backstory that connects them to the Emperor.
* She could have been with the Republic on Iokath.
* She could have been on Ossus with Nadia & Doc.

I'm not really sure what you could do at this point. Maybe they've both been captured by the next big bad guy/girl?

QuinlanSaathis's Avatar


QuinlanSaathis
12.17.2018 , 06:28 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Paulsutherland View Post
I think the ideal moments for Kira to return have come and gone multiple times.

* She could have been in the KOTFE/ET Story ... seeing as she (and scourge) have a backstory that connects them to the Emperor.
* She could have been with the Republic on Iokath.
* She could have been on Ossus with Nadia & Doc.

I'm not really sure what you could do at this point. Maybe they've both been captured by the next big bad guy/girl?
I hear what you are saying but with Ossus just a lead-in to 6.0 I feel the return during that would make sense.

McBaal's Avatar


McBaal
12.17.2018 , 06:44 AM | #6
+1

Waiting a couple of months longer doesn't matter anymore at this point. Kira and Scourge would have made a lot of sense during the Valkorion storyline but instead they gave us companions who played no role otherwise. I'd prefer a new story line and Kira / Scourge as a big part of it.

ShieldProtection's Avatar


ShieldProtection
12.17.2018 , 08:57 AM | #7
What is the big deal with Kira anyway? There is like 500 threads about this almost every week.

She will return with 2 minutes cutscenes and she will stay in your companion list forever without further dialogues and/or cutscenes. This is not original SWTOR anymore, that entire kotfe/kotet messed up everything, I don't get the same SWTOR feeling anymore.

5.10 was better than kotfe/kotet/theron combined in my honest opinion.

I got my Ensign temple back in 55 second cutscene, and done. She is locked and meaningless forever. I waited for like 4-5 years to get her in 55 seconds. Same thing will happen to Kira as well, so be ready to get angry and spam the forum with mad posts.
I make long posts on SWTOR forums, read it or not, thank you anyway

Estelindis's Avatar


Estelindis
12.17.2018 , 09:05 AM | #8
We've waited years already. If a bit of a longer wait is needed to make the whole wait worthwhile, I say do it.
|| My referral link || Trask Ulgo > The Progenitor > Darth Malgus ||
Satisfying returns for class companions!
Especially companions of the long-neglected consular...
~~~Felix Iresso return discussion & fanfic~~~

Damask_Rose's Avatar


Damask_Rose
12.17.2018 , 10:38 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Goreshaga View Post
I'd rather wait longer to get her and Scourge back but have a satisfying return than get done with it in an underwhelming fashion, especially since they're both important companions to my main character.
Which is what we've said about every single companion, but apparently they didn't give a rat's rear end about what we wanted for them

Goreshaga's Avatar


Goreshaga
12.17.2018 , 10:44 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Damask_Rose View Post
Which is what we've said about every single companion, but apparently they didn't give a rat's rear end about what we wanted for them
Pretty much this yes.

Vector's return really made me sad, it was rather sweet by itlsef, but he could've played a role with the Alliance for all classes considering his diplomatic skills, and even more so considering his ties with the Killiks.
I think my IA actually dreamed about that reunion because she was missing her dead husband too much...