Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

More people are excited about a new speicies than anything else in the EXP...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
More people are excited about a new speicies than anything else in the EXP...

OlBuzzard
07.21.2019 , 07:29 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Damask_Rose View Post
Probably more people are excited about the new species than other things right now because we know very little about anything else out side of gear itemization. I can't imagine that people who care enough about story and aesthetics enough to want to roll new characters as Nautolans would be happy with fewer customization options and certainly not the horrible subtitled cutscenes.
You know ... I guess I haven't thought it in that light until now. Hmmm very interesting. I'll have to think on that a bit more ! Something to consider though ! I'm not saying you are entirely right ... however... there's no reason to think you're wrong either !
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

QuinlanSaathis
07.21.2019 , 07:34 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Elessara View Post
And they could do another 1-50 class as long as they could fit it into the pre-existing class stories.
This is an idea, a third opion for each class.
While I don't think you can do a top level, like Jedi Knight, you can do a
Sentinel, Guardian, Watchman

WIth their own 2 Disciplines, sharing Focus with the other two, and a new weapon
This could work.
and a whole new character to take through 1-50 would be great

OlBuzzard
07.21.2019 , 07:47 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by QuinlanSaathis View Post

WIth their own 2 Disciplines, sharing Focus with the other two, and a new weapon
This could work.
I was thinking about a class that has lore established in both Republic and Empire ... perhaps already mentioned or used as NPC's in game ... just played as of yet. The class wouldn't necessarily have to be force users either.

Elessara
07.21.2019 , 07:48 PM | #24

This could work.
Or a sniper based Trooper ... or something new-ish like an engineer based Trooper (mobile turrets maybe?). I don't know, I'm not really that creative. I'm sure someone could think of something appropriate for every current "class" ... and I say that in quotes because the previous advanced classes are now just the classes ... but you know what I mean.

OlBuzzard
07.21.2019 , 07:53 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Elessara View Post
Or a sniper based Trooper ... or something new-ish like an engineer based Trooper (mobile turrets maybe?). I don't know, I'm not really that creative. I'm sure someone could think of something appropriate for every current "class" ... and I say that in quotes because the previous advanced classes are now just the classes ... but you know what I mean.
I'm somewhat reluctant to post this... but ... well here goes.

I've been working on this for a while now. And I've tried to keep it structured within the context of "lore". I'm sure it still needs work... and well... would probably be better received if it were someone else idea:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=964179

QuinlanSaathis
07.21.2019 , 08:20 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by OlBuzzard View Post
I'm somewhat reluctant to post this... but ... well here goes.

I've been working on this for a while now. And I've tried to keep it structured within the context of "lore". I'm sure it still needs work... and well... would probably be better received if it were someone else idea:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=964179
Interesting concept although to me it has a bit too much of everything as in it is the ultimate character with high-powered guns and light sabers.
While I hate to use the comparison it is like a WoW Hero Class.

If it was dumbed down a bit in terms of its versatility it could easily be one or two of the new classes such as you said.

Sith Intelligence Agent (under the Imperial Agent banner) and SIS Agent (Under Smuggler banner, although the story wouldn't work as well)

OlBuzzard
07.21.2019 , 09:01 PM | #27
Interesting concept although to me it has a bit too much of everything as in it is the ultimate character with high-powered guns and light sabers.
While I hate to use the comparison it is like a WoW Hero Class.

If it was dumbed down a bit in terms of its versatility it could easily be one or two of the new classes such as you said.

Sith Intelligence Agent (under the Imperial Agent banner) and SIS Agent (Under Smuggler banner, although the story wouldn't work as well)
I know... it needs work ! It needs stuff added .. and stuff "adjusted" to balance ! I did deliberately try to avoid a hybrid of any kind. (sorry my techno-bable translator is broken right now !)

OH ... the SiS thing and the Imperial equivalent are well established in SWTOR as it is !! There are gaps that need filled. But it's not that much of a stretch to provide a vehicle to find the necessity to create a "tactical division" or "special ops" of the SIS and the Imperial counter part.
Please believe me when I tell you that I appreciate a good critique ... If you get the chance go through it in detail and review again. If you have already done that ... then that is really considerate of you to take the time to do and respond in kind.

Very much appreciated !!

QuinlanSaathis
07.21.2019 , 09:06 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by OlBuzzard View Post
I know... it needs work ! It needs stuff added .. and stuff "adjusted" to balance ! I did deliberately try to avoid a hybrid of any kind. (sorry my techno-bable translator is broken right now !)

OH ... the SiS thing and the Imperial equivalent are well established in SWTOR as it is !! There are gaps that need filled. But it's not that much of a stretch to provide a vehicle to find the necessity to create a "tactical division" or "special ops" of the SIS and the Imperial counter part.
Please believe me when I tell you that I appreciate a good critique ... If you get the chance go through it in detail and review again. If you have already done that ... then that is really considerate of you to take the time to do and respond in kind.

Very much appreciated !!
I emailed myself to do just that once I get home from work.

Nemmar
07.22.2019 , 06:17 AM | #29
It's not what i'm most excited about at all.
I might make one, but i am not sure yet. I am happy that they are free with the sub and not a separate market purchase.

But a new class sure would go ways to make people more excited.

RameiArashi
07.22.2019 , 03:42 PM | #30
Not a new class (singular) it would have to be new classes, one Imperial, one Republic.And what could they be?