Please allow artifice to make augment kits

Dragonexadon

Aug slot kits need to be generic items. All trade skillers can make them and all fit all items that CAN have slots.

Or at the very least:

Class specific to the Items slot maker if they want to follow the same rule as Augments themself.... Art and Cyber already got the bum deal on that one.

Edited by Efour

Personal opinion:

1. Only RE's of crafted EQUIPMENT should result in augment kit mats. (i.e. earpieces, implants, weapons, armor). RE's of consumables and mods should NOT.)

2. Every crewskill craft should be able to craft the augment kits. (ideally, they'd be slot restricted, armor crafters for the armor slots, weapon crafter for the weapon slots, bio for implants, etc.)

For Game Update 1.3, augment kit creation is limited to the classes that can currently make augments. This is necessary for the introduction of the system; it allows us to distribute the components at a steady rate, because each augmentable item you RE results in a portion of the augment slot. The items created by the other crew skills don't fit in with this progression as cleanly - if we decide to allow Artifice or Cybertech to acquire the kits through their commonly created items, under our current systems they would produce kits substantially faster than the other skills. It is safer to open augment kits to a limited set of crew skills.

Augment tables are an important part of the plan for crafting and items in general, and we're committed to continually integrating re-evaluating the feature and integrating it into future. Our intent is to provide a system that utilizes crafting to give all gear the same statistical potential while we monitor economic data and gather player feedback to determine what other changes or additions to make. Adding augment kits to additional crew skills is on the list of possibilities, but it is by no means guaranteed. We're working on other updates to how some of the systems work - both internally and externally - that may improve the viability of including augment kits in other skills without creating a substantial imbalance. Along with the economic data and feedback, that will determine whether augment kits expand to other crew skills.

Long term, we have economic plans that involve continually refreshing crew skills with new content. Since we are early in those stages, every time we make an update it will make the most recently changed crew skills seem superior. If we included major additions for every crew skill each update at our current pace, it would likely create a result that is incomplete and devalues the system as a whole. As each crew skill gets a wider range of viable items/services, the impact of an individual addition should decrease, and we'll see a smoother cadence between the crew skills.

Long term, we have economic plans that involve continually refreshing crew skills with new content. Since we are early in those stages, every time we make an update it will make the most recently changed crew skills seem superior. If we included major additions for every crew skill each update at our current pace, it would likely create a result that is incomplete and devalues the system as a whole. As each crew skill gets a wider range of viable items/services, the impact of an individual addition should decrease, and we'll see a smoother cadence between the crew skills.

This raises a question for me--a lot of your changes to the system look like trying to compensate for core flaws in the crafting and overall itemization scheme of the game. We've already heard plans to phase out reusable medpacks; synthweavers, armortechs, and armstechs already got augments in an awkward manner to make up for the weaknesses of non- customizable gear;artificers have a horde of redundant enhancements and really it can go on. To what extent are you willing to upend the system to make it make more sense and not need to do what happened with augment distribution?

Edited by DesonEQ

For Game Update 1.3, augment kit creation is limited to the classes that can currently make augments. This is necessary for the introduction of the system; it allows us to distribute the components at a steady rate, because each augmentable item you RE results in a portion of the augment slot. The items created by the other crew skills don't fit in with this progression as cleanly - if we decide to allow Artifice or Cybertech to acquire the kits through their commonly created items, under our current systems they would produce kits substantially faster than the other skills. It is safer to open augment kits to a limited set of crew skills.

Augment tables are an important part of the plan for crafting and items in general, and we're committed to continually integrating re-evaluating the feature and integrating it into future. Our intent is to provide a system that utilizes crafting to give all gear the same statistical potential while we monitor economic data and gather player feedback to determine what other changes or additions to make. Adding augment kits to additional crew skills is on the list of possibilities, but it is by no means guaranteed. We're working on other updates to how some of the systems work - both internally and externally - that may improve the viability of including augment kits in other skills without creating a substantial imbalance. Along with the economic data and feedback, that will determine whether augment kits expand to other crew skills.

Sorry, not a good enough reason to screw over artifice again. We have a super limited number of saber hilts we can make as is, and you massively restricted the Biometric Gels so that it is cost prohibitive to try and get those hilts or even our relics to crit, you added another tier of crystals, but not access to as many colors then the old top tier limiting our market, heck, I can't even upgrade my own green gems because you didn't add the freaking new tip end patterns in. Now you are telling us that we need to buy augments for our sabers, relics, and offhands cause we can't be allowed to craft our own? That's really crappy.

@DavidHunt

I'd like to point out that in your post to another thread you specifically state the following answer to the question "Which items/slots will these augment kits work for ?"

All items. Head/chest/legs/hands/feet/waist/wrist/implant/earpiece/mainhand/offhand/relic/droid slots. And if I missed something, that too :D

link to thread here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=449346&page=14

Since you mention in that list implants (biochem), droid/earpiece (cybertech), sabers/offhands (artifice), then why would it logically follow that these professions not be allowed to make augment kits as well? Obviously augment kit mats should not come from RE'ing armorings/mods/enhancements/med kits/stims as they are not equipable items. But as these profession do make equipables, then they SHOULD in fact receive augment materials from the RE, and subsequently be allowed to craft augment kits.

, under our current systems they would produce kits substantially faster than the other skills. It is safer to open augment kits to a limited set of crew skills.

I agree. Thanks for taking the time to answer my post David. That does make sense.

Crew Skills are effectively just for yourself and buddies.

With how easy it is to max out at 400 skill, dont expect many people to buy your goods cause chances are they have a buddy (or themselves) that can make it for free already!

Crew Skills was a great idea but its worthless because of how easy it is.

Make it slower gain and more costly and I dare say maybe 1 in 20 current crafterswould have done the skills and then suddenly you would have a demand for your goods.

Its all supply and demand and right now the supply grossly out weights the demand.

Hmm, that is interesting... why have I made about 2-3m off having artifice then? Afterall... my stuff shouldn't sell, right?

The main issue I take with this is it wouldn't be fair to reset people back to 0/400. And if you didn't do a reset then what's the point of making it more costly? You would just prevent more people from entering the 400/400 club, which is elitist. There is a market, it may be very slow on some servers (I'm on Bondar Crystal... I sell a color crystal once a week on average having 1 of each for convience up, but they add up over time).

Edited by CIKShock

Since you mention in that list implants (biochem), droid/earpiece (cybertech), sabers/offhands (artifice), then why would it logically follow that these professions not be allowed to make augment kits as well? Obviously augment kit mats should not come from RE'ing armorings/mods/enhancements/med kits/stims as they are not equipable items. But as these profession do make equipables, then they SHOULD in fact receive augment materials from the RE, and subsequently be allowed to craft augment kits.

I'm going to start by quoting this post, and then push on from there. As you may read above, the logical question is asked. If I make an equipable item, then shouldn't that item be able to be augmented? And if that item is able to be augmented, should I be able to make an augment kit?

This post also addresses what I believe the root cause of Artifice/Cybertech/Biochem not having the augment kits available, which is that we have so many cheap green 49s. Look at artifice, we have 10+ enhancements which are green level 49s, cybertech has mods and armorings which would likely total even more, and biochem has significantly fewer.

I would counter this over-abundance with looking at how cheap it is to make augments themselves. If you look at the costs for the prototype augment, the cost of the 'blue' slicing material is actually less on minimum buy than the buyable from vendor for the 'green' schematic. I normally just vendor stacks of the blue because they don't sell... this gives me a reason to craft companion worthy augments now if they'll be able to craft augment kits.

Having the kits materials come from only equipable items, and have that be for any crafting profession which makes an equipable item be able to gather mats would balance out. I don't make many off-hands as an artificer, though I would be game to make some if they give me kit materials. I don't make many implants on my biochem, because I don't raid on it and columi are easy enough to find on the GTN (or Rakata since they cost 120 daily commendations and are fully tradeable). Cybertech can make earpieces, and I'd say columni with an augment is BiS currently, as all of the black hole ones I've seen are so very heavy in endurance.

Why not have all of the professions grant parts for augment kits, so long as the piece is equipable? I'll be very disappointed if non-equipable items some how make it into the material generating list if they are restricted to the current crafters. You may even want to restrict it by slot, artificers get offhand/relic (though cheaper relics would be nice!) arms the mainhand/offhand, biochem the implants, cyber the earpieces, armor and synth get armor. Granted, there are some weights there... but I think they would balance out over the long run.

Edited by CIKShock
typo

What a complete joke!

So not only do Synth and Armortech crafters get the ability to corner the market on Augmented gear, they now also have the market cornered on augment kits as well. A great way to screw over the other crafting professions out there.

@DavidHunt

I'd like to point out that in your post to another thread you specifically state the following answer to the question "Which items/slots will these augment kits work for ?"

link to thread here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=449346&page=14

AMEN!

It doesn't look good. I get they want to buff some other crew skill, but this seems grossly overdone....

If, as I understand, any item could get an augment, that means a total of 14 augments slots and 14 augments to fill them. So a synthweaver might sell just a single character 28 pieces (that are the best in game available). As an artifice, how many crystals can you sell, how many lvl 22 enhancements (wich are not the best in the game) ?

I think that difference is excesive.

i now understand your agruement for getting kit mats after looking at the low mat cost of making mods ( armoring, mods and enhancements) but still anything that uses scavaging has a distinct advantage of getting mats over the other crewskills to make items to re.

is there something in the works where some acheology mats can be harvested from mobs too? this would even things out alot for the crewskills that uses them.

btw thank you for the post as it does give a insight as what bioware is looking at for crewskills now and in the future.

Thank you for the explanation but one thing I would like to mention is that the argument that artifice, etc can make cheap greens is only applicable if artificers make kits that you could, for example, put on armor, etc. If each trade skill makes augment kits that only work on items the trade can craft then it doesn't matter as artificers will only be competing with other artificers for selling augment kits. As each artificer can produce just as quickly as any other artificer there is no competitive advantage given to them by selling augment kits. They wouldn't be competing with armormechs, for example, as their kits wouldn't work on armor. I don't know if there would be problems with coding that but if there isn't and if each trade skill only sold augmentation ktis that would work on products they could craft then augmentation kits could be sold that are specific to each trade skill and every craft could make something that would sell. As each trade skill would only be competing other people with the exact same trade skill nobody has a productive advantage.

Here's a shameless self aggrandizing bump to a suggestion thread I made about the topic.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=458717

Edited by Chalpy

The ways things are now for artifice outside the high-end crystals that were added in 1.2, artifice is only a viable crafting profession for creating items for those that are pre-50 and leveling up. The enhancements, hilts, and sabers are outclassed by end-game content and pvp gear. Hell i was disappointed armormech and syntheaving got rank warzone gear as craft-able but artifice didn't get the sabers.

The only way I make money on Anchorhead is there is a blatant disregard for anything pre-50 on either side, including low grade materials, so I put out as many advanced pre-50 products that I can and usually sell through them all. It sucks that Artifce really isn't viable at post 50 when compared to end content gear.

I think each crafting profession should craft augment kits for their respected crafts.

For example...

Synthweaving makes augment kits for armors.

Armortech makes augment kits for armors.

Armstech makes augment kits for weapons.

Artifice makes augment kits for offhands.

Cybertech makes augment kits for earpieces.

Biochem makes augment kits for implants.

etc...etc

That way each profession has something to contribute to the players. Giving the ability to make augment kits to only Synthweaving, Armortech and Armstech is only showing favoritism to those profession as they have in the past with making augments themselves. Stop buffing crafting professions that don't need the buffing. Show some love to the remaining crafting professions that are here bring their concerns to you on a daily basis such as Cybertech & Artifice.

Thematically, Cybertech and Artifice should have been the crafting professions to make the augments, these two professions are the ones who make the attachment devices for armors and weapons, but yet for some reason augments didn't fit that category.

Could have made this actually balanced from the bat - Give half the crafters the Augs. the other half the ability to make the slots.. Share it all evenly. Both have high demand endgame.

Instead you make a half baked epic fail.

There is no meaningful player economy or interaction in this game its just an alt fest.

you need to do something the Artficie its practically pointless as is.