If you haven't the brain capacity to do this, then maybe pvp is not for you.

DarthMaulUK

And stick to The Sims.

Scenario

1 - Muppet is guarding Pylon/Node

Muppet spots incoming enemy from metres away and remains mute

Muppet remains mute upon death

Node/Pylon lost

I have noticed an alarming increase in these kind of muppets and it's nothing more than stupidity. Sure, if it was a stealth class then you an argument but straight away you should alert your team.

If you know they have lots of stealth then get your team to guard with 2. If they don't then either leave or don't bother guarding. Because if they can't be bothered to back you up, you can;t be bothered to guard. Simple as that.

You can't teach common sense and these are the kinds of players who come on here and complain about WZ quitters almost everyday.....this is the KEY reason why I leave a Warzone.

Edited by DarthMaulUK

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And stick to The Sims.

Scenario

Node/Pylon lost

I have noticed an alarming increase in these kind of muppets and it's nothing more than stupidity. Sure, if it was a stealth class then you an argument but straight away you should alert your team.

If you know they have lots of stealth then get your team to guard with 2. If they don't then either leave or don't bother guarding. Because if they can't be bothered to back you up, you can;t be bothered to guard. Simple as that.

You can't teach common sense and these are the kinds of players who come on here and complain about WZ quitters almost everyday.....this is the KEY reason why I leave a Warzone.

Well these people usualy tell you "I defend, when I would waste my time typing they would cap the node." They ofc say that while node is being capped. Even though its not that hard to use some defensive skill or stun the enemy and just write "2 w" or "2 g". But there is another issue. People don't read chat. So even if I sometimes write 2 inc west noone is coming.

Well these people usualy tell you "I defend, when I would waste my time typing they would cap the node." They ofc say that while node is being capped. Even though its not that hard to use some defensive skill or stun the enemy and just write "2 w" or "2 g". But there is another issue. People don't read chat. So even if I sometimes write 2 inc west noone is coming.

Thats very true. But at least you covered yourself when people look for an excuse. I've been down that road. If they don't come to help, I then refuse to guard. I get my 8 medals and thats it because there's no point carrying a team of bads.

Thats very true. But at least you covered yourself when people look for an excuse. I've been down that road. If they don't come to help, I then refuse to guard. I get my 8 medals and thats it because there's no point carrying a team of bads.

Sometimes its better to be patient with your teammates, they can learn from mistakes even in one match and from time to time after losing a node they suddenly play way better. But I get your view on this, sometimes its really annoying to try playing objectives when everyone else is just zerging around.

Yeah this has always been a problem but has gotten noticeably worse since F2P restrictions were lifted. They just do it for the daily, camp at an objective and go afk. Seen it loads and they usually throw a torrent of abuse at you when you have a go at them for it.

On my sniper and my PT I wind up guarding a lot, more than I would prefer but if I get left behind I'll suck it up and guard. As soon as I start guarding I always pretype the call in my ops chat and click outside of it, that way as soon as I see an enemy coming I hit Enter twice and the pretyped message is sent.

The other day on my PT I was guarding a pylon in hypergate and had my pretyped message ready to go, I had even noticed 3 stealth interfering with our taking of the pylon and let everybody know about it, saying it would be best to leave at least 2 guarding that game at all times due to the stealth factor. Not even 15 seconds after I tell everyone that they all leave me at the pylon by myself so they can go kill people at mid. I knew what was about to happen. Sure enough, 3 stealth open up on me (3 deception sins mind you) and I call immediately with my pretyped, ready to go notice to everyone. After two or three GCDs, I am dead. We lose the pylon which causes us to lose the game. Then the hate begins..."L2P noob, call before you are dead". Idiots everywhere.

Edited by madcappah

Yeah this has always been a problem but has gotten noticeably worse since F2P restrictions were lifted. They just do it for the daily, camp at an objective and go afk. Seen it loads and they usually throw a torrent of abuse at you when you have a go at them for it.

Not since F2P, since the arrival of Arenas. It has had a negative impact I feel back there's no objectives, players either forget or are really this stupid.

And stick to The Sims.

Scenario

Node/Pylon lost

funny story (or irritating, mostly irritating) , we were in a Civil War right, it had been going back and forth but we were finally winning. I went to guard snow, but I had this odd feeling about the guy who was guarding grass, so I memorized his name and monitored his health. I saw his health go down so I had to call "inc grass" FROM SNOW!!! That guy said NOTHING. He died, grass was lost, and so was our match. I have never had to call inc for the opposite node in my 2 years of playing this ever up until that moment! Had he called inc the guys from mid, who responded when I called inc for him quickly, might have had a few more seconds to get there as they just missed stopping the cap by seconds. That is the most irritating time I had, the guy then said "I thought I could handle it". Well, anyway, I somehow had to babysit 2 nodes at once just because that derp did not call inc for himself.

And stick to The Sims.

Scenario

Node/Pylon lost

yes its common sense but if u think THAT is pvp skill then ur the muppet.

Yeah arenas do suck massively and you are right they were a big part of the death of ranked. Not sure why BW copied blizzard's epic fail but I don't understand a lot of what they do.

Arena's themselves are not a failure or a bad idea. Their failure was putting out arena's without any class balance, removing 8 v 8 ranked, wasting time and resources on space PvP, no new 8 v 8 content, no real incentive to PvP, only one OWPvP event every once in a while, still not fixing the gear gap in PvP (whether it is augments, or the bolster being so complex people still end up coming in with 1700 expertise), no proper matchmaking, no variety (huttball is the only real variation from standard wzs), no storyline behind PvP, no variety in arenas.

Those are the real failures in my opinion. The idea behind arenas is great, but just putting them out without fixing any other their other problems, will not fix anything. Right now, TOR is hanging on by nothing other than the "star wars" brand, and that will not last. They know what the problems are, just they don't fix them.

Arena's themselves are not a failure or a bad idea. Their failure was putting out arena's without any class balance, removing 8 v 8 ranked, wasting time and resources on space PvP, no new 8 v 8 content, no real incentive to PvP, only one OWPvP event every once in a while, still not fixing the gear gap in PvP (whether it is augments, or the bolster being so complex people still end up coming in with 1700 expertise), no proper matchmaking, no variety (huttball is the only real variation from standard wzs), no storyline behind PvP, no variety in arenas.

Those are the real failures in my opinion. The idea behind arenas is great, but just putting them out without fixing any other their other problems, will not fix anything. Right now, TOR is hanging on by nothing other than the "star wars" brand, and that will not last. They know what the problems are, just they don't fix them.

Yeah you're right it's a multifaceted problem and it all contributes to one massive pvp failure in this game. With Wildstar and ESO just around the corner the pvp pop is gonna plummet. Tragic thing will be that BW only have themselves to blame.

Since when? My friend told me that he can still do only 5 Warzones per week (except using exploit playing grouped with sub of course).

My favorite is when "inc" is called after the node guard falls before the blue beam.

Sometimes around start I'll say in ops to the guard "_____ you're on focus" or whatever. There's no guarantee this will work, but it sometimes seems to help build the senses of teamwork and accountability.

The theory being that the node guard knows he has support watching for a morale boost, and others might pay his status attention as well. Also, if he sucks or intended to dick off he knows everyone saw in advance he's the guy guarding.

Edited by Joesixxpack

everyone is so bad, I'm so good............. yawn......... another fantastic thread.

I come here, trying to learn, so I don't suck like the people you quote and all i read is crap like this all day.

Why don't you do a hint's and tip's thread instead if you are so good..............

Edited by Obilam

everyone is so bad, I'm so good............. yawn......... another fantastic thread.

I come here, trying to learn, so I don't suck like the people you quote and all i read is crap like this all day.

Why don't you do a hint's and tip's thread instead if you are so damned good..............

Lol this thread is all about calling incomings if you're guarding. Shouldn't be to hard to figure that one out if you know how to type in the ops chat.

Why don't you do a hint's and tip's thread instead if you are so damned good..............

I did

Next.....

Here's the frustration from the guard end... 2 of us guarding a pylon in hyper gates. 6 of them come at us, we both call inc. No help arrives, the other 6 are busily picking their noses after killing 2 mid and waiting for orbs to be available. I get chain stunned, so type for help again then die. I get right out of the gate and run back, get stunned while the other guy dies and we lose the pylon with 20 seconds left. Then I die. Someone on the team gripes that 2 of us couldn't defend the pylon. When we pointed out it was 2 v 6, he says we were just bads and then says we were just standing there while they capped. HE griped about us not using AOEs and stuns. I pointed out we used them until we couldn't. I will admit losing it at that point and telling him what I thought of him before putting him on ignore. Edited by DanNV

If you aren't monitoring people guarding nodes yourself, then you are to blame as well. Having someone call inc is always nice, but you have to be proactve as 3 people popping out of stealth and insta-gibbing your guard won't give you time to get to the node no matter how quickly they call.

- No one keeps track of how many people you are fighting. If you have 7 and you're fighting 5, there is a problem unless you just killed 3 people. Start rotating someone for defense. Same goes for when you move to defend an off-node. When there are 2 left at 25% HP, you don't need 6 people to finish them off, you should have teammates already headed back to other points that are more easily accessible to the enemy team (mid in ACW, south in NC).

- If your node guard starts losing health and no one has moved to help, you share blame for losing the node. If you are of the mindset that there is nothing you can do if you aren't at the node, then I would assume your team loses nodes quite often. Obviously you may not save the point if the guard is incompetent, but if they put some damage on their attacker, it may be easy to recapture the point before the enemy team shifts to guard it.

- Stop relying on calls. You have a minimap. You have an ops frame. You have focus target. Stop trusting that the 26K HP sorc that you sent to cover snow has the competency to call inc, even if he didn't die in 3 GCDs.

- Don't assume that the same strategy will work every game. One guard is not always enough if the only volunteer is ill-equipped to perform the duty or the enemy has a high number of stealth classes. It's far easier to defend a point 6v7 and shift a defender from the off node if really needed than it is to run someone from a 7v6 to support your off node from attack.

TL;DR If you rely on calls to save nodes, maybe pvp is not for you.

If you aren't monitoring people guarding nodes yourself, then you are to blame as well. Having someone call inc is always nice, but you have to be proactve as 3 people popping out of stealth and insta-gibbing your guard won't give you time to get to the node no matter how quickly they call.

- No one keeps track of how many people you are fighting. If you have 7 and you're fighting 5, there is a problem unless you just killed 3 people. Start rotating someone for defense. Same goes for when you move to defend an off-node. When there are 2 left at 25% HP, you don't need 6 people to finish them off, you should have teammates already headed back to other points that are more easily accessible to the enemy team (mid in ACW, south in NC).

- If your node guard starts losing health and no one has moved to help, you share blame for losing the node. If you are of the mindset that there is nothing you can do if you aren't at the node, then I would assume your team loses nodes quite often. Obviously you may not save the point if the guard is incompetent, but if they put some damage on their attacker, it may be easy to recapture the point before the enemy team shifts to guard it.

- Stop relying on calls. You have a minimap. You have an ops frame. You have focus target. Stop trusting that the 26K HP sorc that you sent to cover snow has the competency to call inc, even if he didn't die in 3 GCDs.

- Don't assume that the same strategy will work every game. One guard is not always enough if the only volunteer is ill-equipped to perform the duty or the enemy has a high number of stealth classes. It's far easier to defend a point 6v7 and shift a defender from the off node if really needed than it is to run someone from a 7v6 to support your off node from attack.

LOL one man army here

Yeah I totally get this but it doesn't mean that whom ever is guarding shouldn't be calling incomings but yes if you pay attention it's not always needed.