Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Changes: Rage Juggernaut / Focus Guardian

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Guardian / Juggernaut
Class Changes: Rage Juggernaut / Focus Guardian
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

XhrisShan
09.21.2017 , 05:53 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Absolutely! I would make a new thread in the bug reports forum that compiles any of those issues. I will make sure the team is aware.

-eric
Be sure to take a look at the leap bugs, that is, leaps either
  • Fail to move the player at all
  • Only move the player after a significant time delay (several seconds or more)
  • Only move the player partway to the target
  • If the target is at the top of a ledge facing the player, the player is moved to just in front of the ledge - i.e. midair, which just causes them to fall down again
This stuff is much more likely to happen if there are obstacles or raised terrain between the player and the target.

omaan
09.22.2017 , 02:17 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Absolutely! I would make a new thread in the bug reports forum that compiles any of those issues. I will make sure the team is aware.

-eric
Consider pls creating a special thread where players can provide their feedback specifically about specs which became pretty useless (esp in pvp) after new class changes appeared. Some of them such as carnage mara,viru sniper,concealment agent are NOT being played by player today since other specs are outperforming them....

DarthSealth
09.22.2017 , 03:38 AM | #23
Well they've ruined Rage I'm afraid. We lacked AOE to start off with (after the nerf to Smash) and chilling Scream somewhat changed that but now we're stuck with the pathetic sweeping slash that does nothing.

I guess my friends was right I doubt I'll renew my subscription because this game is starting to suck... I held on because of faith in Keith but it just seems like a backhand shuffle talk about kill the joy out of a class.

I do understand change but honestly I'm not going to keep slashing to kill off multiple enemies I could do it quicker by hitting each target individually.
I'm not going to state chilling Scream was a joy because it just felt like a half baked idea!
Although you hit once and let it tick while you do your rotation which was ideal when it compares to sweeping slash you've actually got to waste resources and time.
But if you was to then compare used resources and time with another ability including the damage it leaves sweeping slash where it has always been a wasted utility and ability that has gathered dust.

Should of changed the utility to an AOE Force Choke and/or make the Force Crush (Kinect dmg ^3 seconds) spread with Smash.
At least you could actually see obvious numbers in which an ability outputs/spreads.

AarenJ
09.22.2017 , 03:45 AM | #24
Thanks for nothing, Bioware. AGAIN.

Alec_Fortescue
09.22.2017 , 06:53 AM | #25
Where are the Guardian Tank changes to offset for the lack of single target and aoe dps ?! Do you really want to kill jugs in ranked?

KendraP
09.22.2017 , 06:54 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
Where are the Guardian Tank changes to offset for the lack of single target and aoe dps ?! Do you really want to kill jugs in ranked?
Obviously they've been listening to the "skanks do more damage than dps wah!" Threads.

That said I don't think this will hurt tanks all that bad. Sure less aoe damage is annoying but it still does everything else. I'm just pissy that I'm not certain the dps buffs to either spec will equal out the nerf and that in all of the nerfs this is the only utility they choose to mess with when there are others that are far more unbalancing. Additionally guardians are an underperforming - average class as it is, so why are we getting a nerf hammer?

casigarian
09.23.2017 , 07:22 PM | #27
This class change may be intended for the Rage Jugg/focus guardian but it also nerfs the vengence jugg which I thought was supposed to be one of the +5% melee sustained classes. It is currently at number 12-13 for parsing on the 2.5 mil dummy. Is this really intended?
Casigarian

Equeliber
09.23.2017 , 11:46 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by casigarian View Post
This class change may be intended for the Rage Jugg/focus guardian but it also nerfs the vengence jugg which I thought was supposed to be one of the +5% melee sustained classes. It is currently at number 12-13 for parsing on the 2.5 mil dummy. Is this really intended?
Vengeance changes were posted first and chlling scream was first discussed there, you missed it, I guess.
Ael Veela, Sith Marauder Klorea, Sith Sorcerer Cinthie, Sith Assassin Lora Leigh, Sniper Darth Malgus

KendraP
09.24.2017 , 04:49 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by casigarian View Post
There is a post for vigi changes as well. Vigi being the dps spec I go when I dps (tank main) it concerns me a tad. They are buffing dots and melee slightly along with the nerf to freezing force. My hope for vigi is that it remains the same single target sustained it is now. I'll accept the nerf to aoe provided we have the same or better single target sustained. If this is a nerf to a underwhelming to average class I'll be a tad unhappy.

Glocko
09.27.2017 , 02:34 PM | #30
We will probably all end up in Tank gear paying vigilance when it is all said and done. Thank goodness we all have both sets because I doubt they do anything to help the survivability for the DPS classes. The reduction of single target heals really will impact PTs and Juggs.......... I wish they would attempt to play aJugg in ranked so they could see the problem first hand..... I prefer vigilance over immortal but without substantial utility upgrades it is just not a viable option