Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Changes: Rage Juggernaut / Focus Guardian

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Guardian / Juggernaut
Class Changes: Rage Juggernaut / Focus Guardian
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

fierohink
09.21.2017 , 11:58 AM | #11
If the issue is that an AoE attack has been found beneficial in a single target rotation, why not give Focus spec a viable single target attack? Replacing 8k elemental damage with 800 energy damage is not an appropriate response. In addition you have greatly reduced our group/mob/multi-target attack. Focus/Rage spec already struggle to be a relevant build in comparison to Vig, look at parse distributions to prove I'm wrong (http://parsely.io/parser/leaderboard...00/all/live/0/) and see how many Focus spec are in that listing.

Thank you for crippling an already under performing build.

Sincerely,
Adote, The Ebon Hawk

EricMusco
09.21.2017 , 12:40 PM | #12 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Lionflash View Post
Any update for when you'll start tackling utilities?

Because it sort of looks like you've started.
Good question!

Game Update 5.5 will mark the end of the primary balance changes to DPS and HPS as we outlined in the original post around balance targets. I will be posting the remaining 5.5 Class changes over the next few days (into next week).

Game Update 5.6 will be where we begin adjusting utilities. This is also where we would begin making any additional tweaks to balance as needed for Classes that are over // underperforming. Hope that answers your question.

Thanks.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

supertimtaf
09.21.2017 , 12:44 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Good question!

Game Update 5.5 will mark the end of the primary balance changes to DPS and HPS as we outlined in the original post around balance targets. I will be posting the remaining 5.5 Class changes over the next few days (into next week).

Game Update 5.6 will be where we begin adjusting utilities. This is also where we would begin making any additional tweaks to balance as needed for Classes that are over // underperforming. Hope that answers your question.

Thanks.

-eric
Can we hope that you'll be working on the most urgent one first ? There have been several post since the release of 5.0 (more than ten months already ! ) where peoples asked to rework utility for some specific class like Merc or Sniper. These issues have pretty much ruined PvE and PvP (S8 Ranked). I think peoples would be more than happy to see these matters taken seriously and quickly.
Eliadil - Darkness Assassin Darth Malgus

Feel free to use my referal link if you liked my help ! Free stuff for you and me !

Lionflash
09.21.2017 , 12:57 PM | #14
Hope that answers your question.

Thanks.

-eric
That does answer my question, thank you.

Speaking of utilities; is there anything a player can do to help with the upcoming utility changes, specifically, there are a handful of utilities which don't work correctly or not exactly as the tool tips describe...

...is there a place we can post screens or videos or anything related to our experiences with utilities? With regard to this, will 5.6 also be addressing some bug fixes? If you have that information available.

Thaladan
09.21.2017 , 01:01 PM | #15
Good question!

Thanks.

-eric
so you'll change utilities in november. after 11months and 6.0 surely 2 month after max.

so amazing.. a full year totally ruined.

yeah..thanks.
Elite warlord sorcerer- sniper - powertech

KevinQCowart
09.21.2017 , 01:15 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by supertimtaf View Post
I think peoples would be more than happy to see these matters taken seriously and quickly.
Whoever is in charge of combat seriously needs to be fired. The quality and cadence of this work is what I would expect from a ramshackle noname game studio, not a big name like Bioware or Star Wars.

Hang your head in shame combat "team" the game would have been better in maintence mode than this dumpster fire called 5.0

EricMusco
09.21.2017 , 01:33 PM | #17 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Lionflash View Post
That does answer my question, thank you.

Speaking of utilities; is there anything a player can do to help with the upcoming utility changes, specifically, there are a handful of utilities which don't work correctly or not exactly as the tool tips describe...

...is there a place we can post screens or videos or anything related to our experiences with utilities? With regard to this, will 5.6 also be addressing some bug fixes? If you have that information available.
Absolutely! I would make a new thread in the bug reports forum that compiles any of those issues. I will make sure the team is aware.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

supertimtaf
09.21.2017 , 01:39 PM | #18
Absolutely! I would make a new thread in the bug reports forum that compiles any of those issues. I will make sure the team is aware.

-eric
Does this also apply to translation issue ? I've seen numerous times some bad translation for the French client, not only with utility but also with some lines and ability tooltip.
Eliadil - Darkness Assassin Darth Malgus

Feel free to use my referal link if you liked my help ! Free stuff for you and me !

JarenWelen
09.21.2017 , 02:19 PM | #19
Good question!

Thanks.

-eric
Eric,

To a humble software engineer such as myself, there appears to be an excessively long waiting time to make seemingly small changes around DPS/HPS balancing. Can you shed some light on what's going on behind the scenes that has led to these changes being spread across multiple patches?

Since you mentioned tweaking utilities, are there any concerns that utility changes might unbalance the DPS/HPS targets again?

-J
Zhalle / Kayl'ik / Arxxis
Founder/Beta Tester

Foambreaker
09.21.2017 , 03:49 PM | #20
Good question!

Thanks.

-eric
Trauma Regulators and DPS builds with Guard