Lifebars and healing

hello dear mr. bioware,

with your wonderful "veterans edge" stacks come a tiny, litte GIANT problem...

people have 130% life, which means if you bring someone up to 100% and the life bar is full, you still have to heal another 30% to really top them.

on the right side of the frame you see that the life bar expands outside the frame... on the left side you dont see it, as there is still the right side of the frame....

your own life bar is functioning as usual and thats what is really confusing... top yourself to 100% everyone else to 130%.

can you please change this?....

and btw i still think levelsync is super stupid and makes a lot of stuff useless e.g 2% mastery set bonus, relics, adrenals and the sage raidbuff.

can you please take your time and scale the ops to lvl 75?

Yeah, I also noticed this when I was forced to respec to heals by a guildmate :D

Super annoying, especially when each group member has a different amount of stacks. So, I need to remember which percentage is max on each of them. A bit easier on operative with HoTs but still, very frustrating.

Um, wouldn't just healing to 100% be enough in most circumstances?

No, because that's not 'healing to 100%' that's healing to about 70%. Would you be happy if you died to a pair of 50k hits when your max health is 130k but the healer was only keep you at 100k?

I noted this in pt2, but it looks like very few testers cared about the issue. So even if they dev's were paying attention to the pts forums, I doubt this will be an issue that is corrected anytime soon.

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=968982

The good news is that once your whole raid group is in 306's then they will all have the same extended healthbars so it will be easier to see where the bars should be.

No, because that's not 'healing to 100%' that's healing to about 70%. Would you be happy if you died to a pair of 50k hits when your max health is 130k but the healer was only keep you at 100k?

No, but how likely is that to happen? I'd be perfectly happy if I survived a pair of 45k hits when my health was at 100k, even if my max was 130k.

The operative phrase in my post was "most circumstances". 😏

I’m pretty sure this is happening because of the weird “extra bolster for higher item rating” buff called Veterans Edge or something like that. It’s annoying but luckily my dps normally scream loudly when they fall below 90% so I do have a failsafe built in

Edit: OP mentions veterans edge lmao nvm

Edited by SlimeyDoom

Um, wouldn't just healing to 100% be enough in most circumstances?

U sir r out of this world.

From a healing perspective, this is an utter nightmare. This is a totally unacceptable bug, and yet here u r saying "it doesnt matter!"

Completely agree with OP, this needs a quick fix. Also get rid of lvl sync junk while at it.

From a healing perspective, this is an utter nightmare. This is a totally unacceptable bug, and yet here u r saying "it doesn't matter!"

I didn't say it doesn't matter, but some of you seem to be a bit anal about healing. Someone even suggested that DPS will scream if they go below 90%!. As a DPS, I'd say I'm happy if I simply survive. :) (If me as DPS has to go down to 50% (or less) to keep the Tank and the team alive, I'm happy to "take one for the team".)

My main thought is this. You are talking about some sort of skill/item that gives an extra 30% health. If the person didn't have that extra, you'd be perfectly happy to heal them to 100%, but with the extra, all of a sudden, 100% isn't good enough ?!. If I was the healer, I'd be more inclined to recharge and be ready to do more healing, rather than worry about the bonus 30%.

But thanks anyway - it's been a while since anyone thought I was so good, l was "out of this world". 😋

I didn't say it doesn't matter, but some of you seem to be a bit anal about healing. Someone even suggested that DPS will scream if they go below 90%!. As a DPS, I'd say I'm happy if I simply survive. :) (If me as DPS has to go down to 50% (or less) to keep the Tank and the team alive, I'm happy to "take one for the team".)

My main thought is this. You are talking about some sort of skill/item that gives an extra 30% health. If the person didn't have that extra, you'd be perfectly happy to heal them to 100%, but with the extra, all of a sudden, 100% isn't good enough ?!. If I was the healer, I'd be more inclined to recharge and be ready to do more healing, rather than worry about the bonus 30%.

But thanks anyway - it's been a while since anyone thought I was so good, l was "out of this world". 😋

for you s a storymode cowboy it may seem ok.... try healing old nim ops them we talk again.... 120k (100%) on a sin tank is not enough if he gets hit with 95k hits from the tent in the 6 finger phase of brontes.... and if ou only play dps... then please stop talkking about stuff you simply dont know anything about...

and its not an EXTRA 30%... if you dont have the stacks you dont need to run nim at all as you are too weak.. they are mandatory....

Edited by Opiklo

It’s not a 30%. To them it’s 100%. When you look at your health bar in a group it shows you 100%. To the healer in the group it shows 130%. You are actually sitting at 70% of health if he only heals you to 100%. In NIM that’s a huge deal as many hits take you from 100% to 10 quickly. If a dps dies in most nim fights you prolly will not make enrage.

dear mr bioware,

can we please get some kind of response to this topic.....

even tanking lvl 70 content is a pain in the a...

its no fun to run around with 66% life because heals are not aware of this issue and i am getting tired to explain it to them...

Edited by Opiklo

I tried finding a workaround since this happens across the board, even in flashpoints. Going back to the normal group view instead of using the ops frame for everything (as one does) doesn't help. While the health bars there don't leave the frame, they also do not show the actual %.

What's even worse... the amount of health over the displayed 100% varies depending on the gear/role of the person. I've seen everything from 102% to 133%.

What I'm forced to do now is gather the entire raid before we start, spam AoE heals (and hope no one buffs endurance) and then memorize each and everyone's max %. While this can be done it's not exactly what I signed up for.

This needs to be fixed immediately.

The healers in my NIM/MM raidgroup are really upset, almost to the point that they don´t want to play any of the old content anymore. Please do all of us a favor and fix this issue as soon as possible or at least give us some feedback on this major problem.

The idea of down scaling everyone to level 70 in most PVE group content, seems to be a bad one in general, with all the problems that come with it. I would prefer, that everything was scaled to Level 75 with the next update.

hello dear mr. bioware,

with your wonderful "veterans edge" stacks come a tiny, litte GIANT problem...

people have 130% life, which means if you bring someone up to 100% and the life bar is full, you still have to heal another 30% to really top them.

on the right side of the frame you see that the life bar expands outside the frame... on the left side you dont see it, as there is still the right side of the frame....

your own life bar is functioning as usual and thats what is really confusing... top yourself to 100% everyone else to 130%.

can you please change this?....

and btw i still think levelsync is super stupid and makes a lot of stuff useless e.g 2% mastery set bonus, relics, adrenals and the sage raidbuff.

can you please take your time and scale the ops to lvl 75?

/signed

• 2 weeks later...

Im leaving that here ...

https://pasteboard.co/IGhRFRM.png

In Scyva sm, with the health buff, people were getting up to 240% health bars, in that picture , "only" 213% ...

The extended health bars are absolutely ridiculous and took like, half my screen, overlapping themselves XD

I agree this 100%+ shouldnt be a thing. I dont care if people have veteran's edge stacks or not, give us at least a max health value to work towards. It took me a while at first to realize I had to heal ppl to 130% instead of 100%.

The contrary is also possible : I got an underleveled person in an operation being locked at 90% health, so on my frame he was ever-lacking 10% health XD (which is equally annoying lol)

I have a tactical that gives crits heal when ppl have less than 50% health lol. But its not 50% on the health bar, its 50% of their max health, which is all over the place, so its another thing to keep track about.

I wish they would fix it, yeah we can go around it , but its a stupid change imo >_<

Edited by jambalayabungee

• 2 weeks later...

the three healers don't heal the same. only one of them can adequately deal with burst damage. one of the healers must act proactively, therefore that healer is pretty much always keeping whomever they are hiring topped off.

so yes, it is annoying for 66% of the available healers.