Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

DEVELOPERS PLEASE HELP - Account Retrieval IMPOSSIBLE

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
DEVELOPERS PLEASE HELP - Account Retrieval IMPOSSIBLE

lightSaberAddiCt
06.22.2019 , 08:12 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Slinglock View Post
What happens is that the account gets deactivated. Essentially, nobody has access to it, Google included, and nobody can use that address again. It basically becomes a dead e-mail address lost to the ether.

Also no, I'm not familiar with Musco, can you elaborate on that?
Try PMing Eric Musco he is the head of community relations I believe. Just find a BW post with his name in it, click it and it shows his bio page where you can choose to message him.
Just Click It for Free Stuff I need the CC
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hj4n32

battycoda
06.22.2019 , 08:43 PM | #22
Go to EA Help. Seriously. https://help.ea.com/en/

My signature was current on Makeb... Airlocked!

Slinglock
06.22.2019 , 10:15 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by lightSaberAddiCt View Post
Try PMing Eric Musco he is the head of community relations I believe. Just find a BW post with his name in it, click it and it shows his bio page where you can choose to message him.
Thank you for that, I did that earlier today. Hopefully he sees it relatively soon.

Quote: Originally Posted by battycoda View Post
Go to EA Help. Seriously. https://help.ea.com/en/
I did, there's been no response for a while, although I am periodically checking it as I am this thread.

SteveTheCynic
06.23.2019 , 03:01 AM | #24
Thank you for that, I did that earlier today. Hopefully he sees it relatively soon.
It is very unlikely to be before business hours (Austin, TX time)(1) on Monday.

(1) Austin is in the small part of Texas that isn't on Mountain Time.(2)(3)

(2) The late Mrs Cynic was born in El Paso, which *is* on Mountain Time.

(3) This is a joke. Almost all of Texas is on Central time. Except the little corner where El Paso is.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

lightSaberAddiCt
06.23.2019 , 09:34 PM | #25
I mean would it be so hard to have secret question only the account holder would know? **** happens, people could lose their email, or have the email compromised. If they just had 3 personal questions to have answered while communicating with CS, that would save everyone a lot of trouble.
Just Click It for Free Stuff I need the CC
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hj4n32

Rion_Starkiller
06.23.2019 , 09:43 PM | #26
To Whom it May Concern,

I am the owner of the account "KeyPawn" and have been working with the Customer Support team for the past two days attempting to regain access to this account. The Customer Service team has informed me that as a matter of policy and procedure, they need to verify my identity by means of sending a 6-digit code to the e-mail address on my account.

While this normally wouldn't present an issue, the e-mail address on file for my account has since been permanently deactivated by Google. This means that I do not have access to the e-mail, and thus, cannot confirm the 6-digit code they would send. While the Customer Service team has assured me that they have done everything they can within the constraints of their policy to verify my identity, there is simply nothing that they can do other than to suggest that I reach out to the developers here in the forums. I even went so far as to send support@swtor.com an e-mail containing photographs and screen captures to help prove my identity to include my Driver's License.

This issue has created a tremendous amount of stress as I have spent over $1,000 in total on this account since 2011 and was immeasurably proud to be one of the first subscribers to the game and receiving my Founder's Medal. While I understand that policy and procedure is preventing the Customer Service team from changing the e-mail on my account so that I can make the necessary changes myself, it's a hurdle that I simply need to find a workaround for.

I hope that a developer sees this post and that something can be done. I can provide any information to further assist in establishing proof of my identity as well as ownership of my accounts that would be required to better facilitate an expedient solution.

Not to be cute, but please... Help me, Developers, you're my only hope!
The account is attached to your email, so you should contact google to reactivate/reclaim your email account. I'm not sure how you can prove it's your account. There's nothing in your SWTOR account with your real identity except maybe your credit card...? So your SWTOR identity is literally your email account.
-Beruhl
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Lies have been corrected.

Slinglock
06.24.2019 , 12:48 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
The account is attached to your email, so you should contact google to reactivate/reclaim your email account. I'm not sure how you can prove it's your account. There's nothing in your SWTOR account with your real identity except maybe your credit card...? So your SWTOR identity is literally your email account.
Yet again, I contacted Google, cannot reclaim the e-mail address.

Rion_Starkiller
06.24.2019 , 01:09 PM | #28
Have you tried recreating the same email account? or asking Google to do so?
-Beruhl
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

kodrac
06.24.2019 , 01:44 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Have you tried recreating the same email account? or asking Google to do so?
Bruh...
I've attempted to recreate the account but it says that there's already an account with that name - when I go to sign in with that account it says that the account was not found. It's just gone.
And before you ask...
What happens is that the account gets deactivated. Essentially, nobody has access to it, Google included, and nobody can use that address again. It basically becomes a dead e-mail address lost to the ether.
Quote: Originally Posted by aerockyul View Post
Id find it hard to believe this sort of thing goes on in the preferential treatment forum.
Quote: Originally Posted by Jdast View Post
or Kodrac, for saying everything I want to say, but he takes one for team and gets a warning.

Rion_Starkiller
06.24.2019 , 03:01 PM | #30
Oh well. Just trying to help without reading 3 pages. Carry on and RIP OP.

At least his thread is getting bumped for visibility
-Beruhl
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ