Vader vs. Obi Wan, could Vader have won?

Darth_Solrac

Could he? From my POV, Vader was relying on sheer rage, hate, & the Dark Side more than actual skill. Like when he fought Dooku.

Obi Wan was more knowledgeable, both in the force, & lightsaber combat. He was more tactical too, which is why he ultimately won.

Being the chosen one apparently wasn't enough. Tho he wasn't really Anakin anymore by then.

He could have, yes he took a big gamble with the hill swing. Seeing as the future is always in motion, swinging too early or too late or some other way he would have died...heres an alternate ending.

Ya I know its from a game, but that could have happened when you disregard plot and all that RL stuff.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Vader never stood a chance against his master, he needed to Ambush and Surprise the Jedi on corrusant to defeat the Jedi. No way Vader stands a chance in a fair fight.

Next round Vader wins because Grandpa Obi wan pulled his back out.

Edited by Ensquire

Film never stated the floating platform they were on worked only on lava so... I'd like to think he could have floated around Obi Wan and take the higher higher ground lol, but I guess it just makes more sense to try to flip over him Edited by Darth_Malevolent

Vader never stood a chance against his master, he needed to Ambush and Surprise the Jedi on corrusant to defeat the Jedi. No way Vader stands a chance in a fair fight.

Next round Vader wins because Grandpa Obi wan pulled his back out.

Your opinion =/= Fact.

Fact: he faced Jedi Master Shaak Ti and defeated her, after realising there was no way she could stop him, she ran away.

Fact: He faced and defeated the Temple's Jedi Battlemaster, one of the best duellists in the galaxy and defeated him along with his apprentice.

Fact: Count Dooku THE master of Makashi and one of the greatest duellists of the time, admitted that Anakin was the best Djem-So user he had ever seen, this was before he turned to the Dark Side, he became much more proficient in it, with the Choreographer Nick Gillard stating he went from less powerful than Obi-Wan to more powerful than him.

Fact: The only reason Obi-Wan defeated him, was the experience edge, Soresu, and the environment, Vader was almost unstoppable, after the suit, he became unstoppable, only Sidious could actually kill him.

after the suit, he became unstoppable, only Sidious could actually kill him.

To be fair... Luke stopped him on the 2nd Death Star. There's little question that Luke could of killed him if he had wanted to.

Edited by VanorDM

Darth vador brought balence to the force in the end... luke wasent that good in the movies. :p

Obi wan is the best tho look how he beat darth maul. and trained ani

who dosent remember the 1 arm 2 leg clean cut that obi gives ani :p

The better smarter JEDI/SITH would know to use the high ground.

Obi wan was so AMAZING he knew he could help luke more from the other side of the force.

thanks to the late great qui gon

Knowledge and wisdom over hate and power.

To be fair... Luke stopped him on the 2nd Death Star. There's little question that Luke could of killed him if he had wanted to.

Luke's own words after that battle state the exact opposite, if Vader wanted to kill him in that battle he would have, Vader didn't want to kill Luke, hence him sacrificing himself and saving Luke.

Luke's own words after that battle state the exact opposite, if Vader wanted to kill him in that battle he would have, Vader didn't want to kill Luke, hence him sacrificing himself and saving Luke.

I like you, you never post crazy fanboy rants, just cold hard facts.

Pfffft. He had alrdy lost, like what some people do when you camp them. Suicide to save their dignity, bunch of cowards....

Wow, you really need to watch & understand the movies again. Obi-Wan sacrificed himself to save the others. The last thing I would call Obi-Wan is a coward. It takes balls to just stand there & begin a meditative state when a dark lord is standing right in front of you.

Edited by Valkuu
Rude

Being the chosen one apparently wasn't enough. Tho he wasn't really Anakin anymore by then.

I hear this so often. People don't get that the Jedi council only assumed that Anakin was the chosen one. Luke was the actual chosen one that brought balance to the force.

I hear this so often. People don't get that the Jedi council only assumed that Anakin was the chosen one. Luke was the actual chosen one that brought balance to the force.

George Lucas confirmed that Anakin has always been and always will be, The Chosen One, he confirmed this in "The Chosen One featurette" on the 2005 Revenge of the Sith DVD.

I can see your point that Luke was the chosen one. Without Luke Vader would not have killed himself and Sidious thus ending the sith and bringing balance to the force. And part four was called a new hope. It could be argued that the title ment that Luke was the new chosen one after Vader's fall.

But I also see other point of View that Vader/Anikin is the choosen one because his actions were the ones that ended the sith (ie Killing himself and Sidious) and bringing balance to the force.

I guess Obi was right :"You will find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of View." Darn you Obi-Wan

Edited by Diamonddug

Actually guys, the thing about being the chosen one was that the chosen one was supposed to bring balance to the force. It's funny that none of the Jedi Masters considered that "balance" meant a near equal number between Jedi and Sith. :3

Actually guys, the thing about being the chosen one was that the chosen one was supposed to bring balance to the force. It's funny that none of the Jedi Masters considered that "balance" meant a near equal number between Jedi and Sith. :3

That isn't the meaning of 'balance in the force', Lucas has explained that the Dark Side is a cancer in the force, it is unnatural, the Dark Side unbalanced everything since Bane started the Rule of Two, to the point that the force was clouded and everything was wrong, Darth Sidious completely shattered the balance in the force, Anakin restored balance by destroying the Sith, himself and Sidious, the prophecy was fulfilled, Luke was the catalyst needed for Anakin to fulfil it.

That one is also debateable According to Lucas(did I just say that) and the Jedi balance to the force means that the Sith put the entire force out of balance. So by having even one sith alive that the force is out of balance. If the balance mean numerical balance (ie 2 Jedi and two sith) than what Yoda says about the profacy being miss read could be correct. Either way if it is the Numerical balance or the death of all sith Vader/Anikin Does both. If it was numerical balance than Ankin is the chosen one and fufils the profacy in Revenge. If it is the Jedi's belife that the sith make the force unbalnaced than Anikin or Luke could be considered the chosen one in Return.

Edited by Diamonddug

Wow, you really need to watch & understand the movies again. Obi-Wan sacrificed himself to save the others. The last thing I would call Obi-Wan is a coward. It takes balls to just stand there & begin a meditative state when a dark lord is standing right in front of you.

So how is committing suicide saving others? wouldn't it have been much better if he died fighting actually "distracting" vader, instead of simply buying a "*** happened?" moment from him?

Meditating while a dark lord is right there saves no one fighting, keeping him away from ur friends does, surrender serves no one.

Edited by Valkuu
Reply to edited post

They were equals... I mean if it wasn't for that constantly changing enviroment and if they were on a plain battlefield, the fight might go on for days....

Obi-wan wasn't the better. Nor was Anakin. They knew eachother, eye to eye. Move to move, weakness to weakness.

So how is committing suicide saving others? wouldn't it have been much better if he died fighting actually "distracting" vader, instead of simply buying a "*** happened?" moment from him?

Idk, Vader was pretty confused at that point. Especialy when Obi's body disapeared. Also remember that being Sith, Vader surely took much of his strength from hating Obi-Wan. I know i sure would have hated the former master who left me just about limbless and stranded on a burning rock. Having such a source of hate vanish *might* have weakened him. Also, if he had continued to fight Luke might not have left with Han and the others while Obi was still alive.

Imo its kinda a toss up, but letting vader kill him might have helped more than fighting.