Let players know you are a healer at the start of WZs

BlissDivine

It kind of sucks having to find out you have 4 or 5 healers on your team while you are fighting at mid. Anything more than 2 healers in a WZ is overkill.

Personally, I just use my AOE heal on the team before the WZ starts. Sometimes I even get guarded because of it.

It kind of sucks having to find out you have 4 or 5 healers on your team while you are fighting at mid. Anything more than 2 healers in a WZ is overkill.

Personally, I just use my AOE heal on the team before the WZ starts. Sometimes I even get guarded because of it.

Maybe try inspecting the classes that can heal to check their set bonus... that will tell you if you have healers or not. Unless they Have no gear, in which case doesn't really matter what spec they are.

Maybe try inspecting the classes that can heal to check their set bonus... that will tell you if you have healers or not. Unless they Have no gear, in which case doesn't really matter what spec they are.

That's what I do too. It would be nice if healers would announce their specs, especially for newer players who don't know how or think to check on their own. But unless I know them, I would still inspect to check their gear level.

Assuming you log into the match with enough time to check gear, just check the gear of the classes that have a healing spec. Of course you don't always have time, sometimes you get a pop right after queuing and load in with the match starting in 2 seconds. Or end up a backfill.

On that note I wish the game had shipped with there being icons that displayed in the Ops frame that indicated a person's trinity role. Or maybe just have the border for the names color coded. Red for DPS, Green for healers, Blue for Tanks. I suppose it's too late for something like that now however.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

I put kolto probes on the tank when I'm DPS to trick him into thinking I'm a healer and giving me a guard.

yeah, I seen guys do that I always chuckle too. I play REAL healers, and rarely get guard till after a couple WZs and people start to recognize that fact.

I don't like saying, "HI GUYS IM A HEALER!!!" because it sounds like the person is expecting special treatment.

If you can't tell from my pre-set heals I start dumping all over everyone at the start, you probably aren't going to help with the knowledge I am a healer anyway.

yeah, I seen guys do that I always chuckle too. I play REAL healers, and rarely get guard till after a couple WZs and people start to recognize that fact.

I don't like saying, "HI GUYS IM A HEALER!!!" because it sounds like the person is expecting special treatment.

If you can't tell from my pre-set heals I start dumping all over everyone at the start, you probably aren't going to help with the knowledge I am a healer anyway.

If I'm solo pugging I often don't get guard when I'm healing as well, even if I'm the only one. It is a bit of a crapshoot.

A lot of times it's not necessarily that people don't realize you're the healer, but the tank(s) having queued with a group and leaving guard on their bro the entire match, even if said bro is a sniper or merc, not drawing focus, and/or in no immediate danger of dying. (and probably because you are healing them...imagine that) Then there are the tanks who hardly use guard the entire match, on anyone.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

If I'm on my tank I usually don't throw a guard on anyone to begin with, expect in an arena - it's such a crap shoot now-a-days as to where anyone is going to go in any given match that it's not worth it trying to guess who's going to be close enough to matter.

But then I try to do this mythical thing call "guard swapping". I've heard it talked about in tales of yore, back when men were gods and women were... uhm, well... goddesses? I'm not sure if mere mortals as myself should be trust with such power, and it's probably only a fraction of the awesomeness it was back at "launch"... but one can only work with what one has now... or something like that.

Anyway, no offense to you healers begging for a guard, but I'm going to be trying to put guard on whoever is taking damage, which might not be you. :p

One of the positive sides of still playing mitigation geared tank is that you're kinda forced to play tank properly (guard swap, taunt, peel etc.), as there's nothing else you can do otherwise.

As mentioned by Lhance, I don't announce in chat that I'm a healer, because I don't want special treatment. I'm sick of these "omg you left the healer to guard" and "omg gimme guard i'm heals" people. I do expect tanks to guard whoever is under focus.

If a tanks asks "any heals?" before the match, I'll unconditionally say "me". It's fun getting guarded on my Assassin this way, even if later they figure out I've lied.

Edited by Schoock

As mentioned by Lhance, I don't announce in chat that I'm a healer, because I don't want special treatment. I'm sick of these "omg you left the healer to guard" and "omg gimme guard i'm heals" people. I do expect tanks to guard whoever is under focus.

Healers shouldn't be left to guard in most situations. Assuming you've only got one or both teams are evenly matched in healers they're better used where the pressure is at.

I agree that the healer shouldn't automatically get guard but in regs 90% of the time the person who draws focus is going to be healer. If you have an unguarded healer that is being left to freecast while bubbled arsenal mercs and entrenched snipers are being wailed on, the team you are playing against is bad and losing to them would probably take some effort.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco