Bioware's ignorance reflects the Heroic Moment Legacy

Samvan

Sorry I have no idea what you're talking about ,can you please elaborate a bit more?

Hinterlands? That's not SWTOR.

Duh.

You can always find reasons to QQ when theres 2 factions.

Point is it doesnt mean jack at max lvl.

edit: If you didnt get the reference

http://www.wowhead.com/item=19120/rune-of-the-guard-captain

Edited by metalgearyoda

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imperial security key vendor has a nice imperial dancer outfit.

Republic security key vendor has a different color slave girl outfit.

It's like they aren't even trying.

Honestly, Republic wins here. Imperial slave outfit requires social 2, Repub recolored slave outfit has no social requirement. Imperial dancer outfit looks like crap.

Are you telling me that you've never died once in the game while questing?

I found the last part of Bounty Hunter quest line where you had to fight two elite mobs who kept healing themselves and you only had one interruption, challenging.

A fight where you need to massively dps and keep the two NPCs off eachother so they don't heal eachother all the time which makes your dpsing useless, is in my eyes a difficult battle.

Again, are you saying you've never died?

Excluding H2+ i tried to solo and H4 i tried to duo i think i only died once while leveling my sin. On the final boss i tried to out dmg and out interrupt him instead of kiting/losing. I don't remember ever dieing on my shadow, but hey i got my healer a lot earlier and i always kept her geared with up to level epics from my main.

I might be remembering wrong because it's been like 4 months since i leveled them but i can tell you w/o any shadow of a doubt that i never died on my jugg while solo questing till her current level of 42. The memory is fresh in this case since i only started her last week.

Anyway dieing has nothing to due with difficulty. You might die because you use a wrong tactic once, or because you pull to much since you are bored or because you use 20 levels old green quest gear or because... you want to skip the entire cave of re-spawns and res to the med center. But difficult? I wouldn't use that word in any context referring to the leveling in this game. Not worth this entire hassle with heroic moments and legacy unlocks and god knows what anyway.

Honestly, Republic wins here. Imperial slave outfit requires social 2, Repub recolored slave outfit has no social requirement. Imperial dancer outfit looks like crap.

No way!

Imperial dancer outfit is WAY better than Republic/slave one.

No, you are wrong. The fact is, the pub dancer outfit is better.

Lulz!

It might be better if there was a way for Republic players to get the Imperial dancer outfit with social 2...

Here are two different examples of a Jedi Guardian with Legacy Orbital Strike/Dirty Kick fighting vs an Elite Boss + 2 Standard (weak) enemy NPCs, feel free to add.

1 - Jedi Guardian with Orbital Strike -

You face the elite enemy and the two standard NPCs.

You pop Heroic Moment and the Orbital Strike up and you force leap towards the Elite boss.

The Orbital Strike will deal with the standard monsters by knocking them down and dealing damage to them. If they manage to still live (after the 3-4 charges?) you can probably just do some weak AOE damage or even use the "Auto attack" ability once to finish them off.

Then you can focus down the elite without having wasted a lot of focus on the standard NPCs.

2 - Jedi Guardian with Dirty Kick -

You pop Heroic moment and force leap towards the elite boss.

You Dirty Kick the elite boss (still the elite NPC MAY resist it) which stuns it for 4 seconds and you focus down the standard NPCs together with your companion. Lots of focus and time wasted towards burning the standard NPCs.

If you're good/lucky enough they're dead before the stun finishes and you can focus down the elite NPC.

--- Conclusion ---

Orbital Strike lets you focus down the enemy NPC instead of wasting resources and time on the standard NPCs. While Dirty kick does not do any noticeable damage and just a four second stun.

This is how my point of view of these two abilities would be.

Feel free to add/discuss.

Have you played and Jedi Guardian tank build? I build focus so fast burning down two trash mobs then taking on the boss is easy. I only have to POP my heroic moment on champions and then only if they have a strong or two with them. , A couple of standard mobs I will use my aoe attacks while hitting the boss and take them down easy or just burn em and move on to the boss. The Legacy ability's aren't that important.

I agree with that, some of my characters don't need extra aoe, they need more interrupt~

I would agree with this, I've only reached 45 with my main and its been mainly solo but I find that in fights against the elites when I do use Heroic Moment I miss having an interrupt ready far more often than I miss having an AoE to take out the normal mobs accompanying them.

Of course this could be because my main tactic is to burn down those normal mobs as quick as possible then deal with the Elite.

To me it looks the the Imps get more big flashy effects while the Republic get more useful effects.

2 - Jedi Guardian with Dirty Kick -

You pop Heroic moment and force leap towards the elite boss.

You Dirty Kick the elite boss (still the elite NPC MAY resist it) which stuns it for 4 seconds and you focus down the standard NPCs together with your companion. Lots of focus and time wasted towards burning the standard NPCs.

If you're good/lucky enough they're dead before the stun finishes and you can focus down the elite NPC.

--- Conclusion ---

Orbital Strike lets you focus down the enemy NPC instead of wasting resources and time on the standard NPCs. While Dirty kick does not do any noticeable damage and just a four second stun.

This is how my point of view of these two abilities would be.

Feel free to add/discuss.

Um no.

I'd use Force Leap, Force Sweep (which will also debuff the bosses accuracy as I keep that traited) and then Cyclone Kick. The 2 adds are then pretty much dead, at most they need 1 more attack.

I can then concentrate on the boss while having an emergency 3rd interrupt available when I use Heroic Moment.

Edited by Arlbo_Nabbins

Throw in the towel, samvan, not one person has agreed with you on this kick / os thing.

Its not a crime to be wrong, just "huh, shoot, I didnt think of it that way"

Also ... Did I read that the legacy abilities that damage are actually stronger than their regular coumterparts?

No, you are wrong. The fact is, the pub dancer outfit is better.

Lulz!

I think the main issue is the Republic one is a Recolour of the Slave Girl one, which is available to everyone, while the Imperial one has no recolour that the Republic can get.

In regards to the Heroic Moments, yes, it's pretty silly that two of the Empire classes get very powerful AoE spells, while the Republic ones are just nothing in comparison to those. In the case of Smugglers, it's not like they can't do Flyby. Dirty Kick it's just like what's the point.

I think the main issue is the Republic one is a Recolour of the Slave Girl one, which is available to everyone, while the Imperial one has no recolour that the Republic can get.

In regards to the Heroic Moments, yes, it's pretty silly that two of the Empire classes get very powerful AoE spells, while the Republic ones are just nothing in comparison to those. In the case of Smugglers, it's not like they can't do Flyby. Dirty Kick it's just like what's the point.

Aethetically, yes, the imperial abilities are all way cooler. In terms of actual use, the pub ones are way more functional (imo).

I have orbital strike and force choke so far for my legacy abilities. The only time I ever use them is for tougher Gold Elite Mobs or if there are a big mixture like strong, weak and elite. Otherwise? I never use it unless I'm showing off to RP. I only have to wait 15 minutes and since my presence is getting larger and larger, I've found my companions are getting more and more hp compared to me. My Trooper has better gear and better mods and Jorgan STILL has more HP then I do.

I DO favor my imp toons over my republic, but that's just personal taste. I have one of each class. I've finished chapter 2 on 5 characters and of those 5 characters two of them have finished their class stories.

I LOVE the fact that legacy abilities are only usable during a heroic moment. If you need to pop heroic moment's abilities off ALL the time, then you're doing it wrong. EIther your gear sucks, your spec is spec'd well or you just haven't found the right fighting style.

I don't think Dirty Kick or the other republic abilities are crap. It's cool from an RP standpoint that my Sith Warrior can crotch kick someone purely because her daughter (my smuggler) finished her class story and 'taught' the ability to her mother.

Course I'm still waiting for the day when Bioware lets us add our companions we married to our Legacy. Right now, it looks like I've got 3 illegitimate children.

To say that any of the legacy "heroic moment" abilities are better in ALL situations is kinda dumb. As a powertech, I would personally find dirty kick infinitely more useful than orbital strike. I already have death from above to damage and knock down standard enemies, so if I've leveled a smuggler, I can get three stuns to use against a powerful enemy (electro dart, then heroic moment which ends cooldown on electro dart as well as giving me a dirty kick stun). That means 3 casts interrupted, as well as incapacitating the enemy for a total of 12 seconds. I'm sure that there are classes in which orbital strike would be favorable over dirty kick, but, again, to say that one ability is better than the other in ALL situations doesn't make sense.

Sith Warrior - Force Choke.

Jedi Knight - Force Sweep (much more useless, I think, in comparison to Force Choke / Force Crush.)

Sith Inquisitor - Force Lightning, I think? Not sure which one it is, since I don't have one, but I'd assume it's the equivalent to Telekinetic Throw for Consulars (the channeled skill.)

Jedi Consular - Project (Chuck a rock at them. Just one rock.)

Edit: I was under the impression that any class could use it after unlocking the prerequisite class - meaning a Jedi Knight can use Orbital Bombardment if they maxed out an Agent. That'd be useful for Republic guys.

Sith Inquisitor does not have lightning for a heroic moment. Its supposed to help me regenerate, but it doesn't help. I've used it at lower lvls, and higher ones and I still die when I'm in trouble trying to save my butt with it. If anything, BW hates this class...

Ever compared the heroic moment abilities between Republic and Imperial?

Let me give you a runthrough;

Imperial Agent - Orbital Strike

Big massive AOE that knockback normal NPCs each time it hits down.

Smuggler - Dirty Kick

....stuns a target for 4 seconds.......the damage caused isn't even noticable

Or for another example:

Bounty Hunter - Flamethrower

Does a lot of damage to the enemy NPCs infront of you. Let's assume at 50 they are equal to the 50 skills.

This gives Flamethrower a 2308 damage during the entire sequence

Trooper - Grenade

Throw it towards an enemy NPC, if normal "incapacitated", hits for 1252-1317 damage.

Do Bioware really give a **** about the Republics?

Cause I don't even.......

What I was hoping for was the ability to substitute one of your class abilities from someone in your family tree. I have a hunter and I just started a warrior (Juggernaut). I would be happy to use a connected cool down with one of my abilities I get as a warrior so that way I don't miss use it to my advantage. It also would allow for unique characters in the game to show there leneage and have the ability to show it of in PvP. So if I had to build rage to pop the Flame thrower than so be it vs Smash.

Edited by Asturias

Throw in the towel, samvan, not one person has agreed with you on this kick / os thing.

Its not a crime to be wrong, just "huh, shoot, I didnt think of it that way"

There have been several people agreeing that the republic abilities are "inferior" to the imperial side.

I have also agreed with other people's point of view.

You seriously need to read people's post. Your inability in comprehending others is getting very irritating.

And since when is an opinion wrong?

Edited by Samvan

My first level 50 is a sith assassin and I got the legacy unlock of Force Storm for my trouble. Ok, so I'm the same base class and for kicks on Corellia doing Black Hole dailies I got bored and decided to pop my heroic moment to see how awesome my sorcerer cousins have it...

To describe me as underwhelmed would be an understatement. The damage it did was "meh" (Wither as a tank took about as much of a bite out of the mobs as Force Storm legacy did) and overall it made it take longer for me to clear that pack only because I then had to run up to them to finish doing what I'd started. Not a lot longer mind you, but a game-changer it was not.

Bioware hates Republic and if they could have made a single faction game and gotten away with it, they would have. Same faction warzones have been in since day 1, so it's not like it wouldn't be possible. Bioware has replaced Riot and CCP as the most biased, lying, and slowest reacting game company ever.

Bioware hates Republic and if they could have made a single faction game and gotten away with it, they would have. Same faction warzones have been in since day 1, so it's not like it wouldn't be possible. Bioware has replaced Riot and CCP as the most biased, lying, and slowest reacting game company ever.

To be fair, CCP did fix a lot of their major bugs within the first 24hours. Or at least acknowledge that they exist.

There have been several people agreeing that the republic abilities are "inferior" to the imperial side.

Except they aren't. And you haven't proven or supported you claim to that.

AoE doesn't = better.

I have also agreed with other people's point of view.

You seriously need to read people's post. Your inability in comprehending others is getting very irritating.

And since when is an opinion wrong?

Because the basis of your opinion, which you explained in detail, is using your Heroic Moment at the beginning of a fight is completely the wrong way to do it. That is to say that there is a far more efficient way to attack the situation you posted and was pointed out very clearly to you by a poster who fixed your post in a quote.

You should never use Heroic Moment at the start of a fight because it's main purpose is to reset the cooldown on one of you own class abilities and give a bit of healing. Keeping that in mind, you should only use it near the end of a fight which means it will be against a single target and therefore AOE abilities with a 3 second cast time is far less usefull than an instant 4 second stun.

What's the big deal? You're complaining over skills that technically do 2 Damage per second, at best, given their Cooldowns. Getting Saber Ward instantly ready to go again, and healing every couple of seconds is way more valuable than some Legacy skill Edited by saborw