Updated Formulae for Stat Values in 2.0

KeyboardNinja

Note: These formulae are only valid at level 55. The old formulae are used at level 50, and a set of intermediate formulae are applied between 50 and 55. For more details, see this post on MMOmechanics.

As anyone who has logged into the PTS probably knows by now, the stat scaling is a bit different from what it is on live. Stats are generally giving around 50-70% of the character sheet value that they seem to be on live. We knew that BioWare would be changing the stat scaling formulae in 2.0, and now we know exactly what those changes look like.

I sat down and, working primarily from the old formulae, derived the new coefficients which govern stat scaling under 2.0. Special thanks to GalenMourne and Wainamoinen for all their help!

Defense Chance = 30 * ( 1 - ( 1 - ( 0.01 / 0.3 ) )^( ( DefenseRating / 55 ) / 1.2 ) )

Shield Chance = 50 * ( 1 - ( 1 - ( 0.01 / 0.5 ) )^( ( ShieldRating / 55 ) / 0.78 ) )

Absorb Percentage = 50 * ( 1 - ( 1 - ( 0.01 / 0.5 ) )^( ( AbsorptionRating / 55 ) / 0.65 ) )

Damage Reduction = ArmorRating / ( ArmorRating + 240 * 55 + 800 ) * 100

Max Health = BaseHealth + Endurance * 10 (BaseHealth at 55 is 4000)

Critical Chance (from crit rating) = 30 * ( 1 - ( 1 - ( 0.01 / 0.3 ) )^( ( CritRating / 55 ) / 0.9 ) )

Critical Chance (from main stat) = 20 * ( 1 - ( 1 - ( 0.01 / 0.2 ) )^( ( PrimaryStat / 55 ) / 5.5 ) )

Surge Percentage = 30 * ( 1 - ( 1 - ( 0.01 / 0.3 ) )^( ( SurgeRating / 55 ) / 0.22 ) )

Alacrity Percentage = 30 * ( 1 - ( 1 - ( 0.01 / 0.3 ) )^( ( AlacrityRating / 55 ) / 1.25 ) ) )

Accuracy Percentage = 30 * ( 1 - ( 1 - ( 0.01 / 0.3 ) )^( ( AccuracyRating / 55 ) / 1.2 ) )

Bonus Damage (from main stat) = (Strength or Willpower or Aim or Cunning) * 0.2

Bonus Damage (from force/tech power) = (Force or Tech Power) * 0.23

Bonus Damage (from power) = Power * 0.23

Bonus Healing (from main stat) = (Strength or Willpower or Aim or Cunning) * 0.14

Bonus Healing (from force/tech power) = (Force or Tech Power) * 0.17

Bonus Healing (from power) = Power * 0.17

PvP Damage Boost = Expertise / 3355

PvP Damage Reduction = 1 - (1 / (1 + (Expertise / 3355)))

PvP Healing Boost = Expertise / 9900

Help would be appreciated in determining precise values for standard health, damage and base values for stats at each level 51-55. These should be in the script files somewhere.

Edited by KeyboardNinja

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see this up here. KBN i was just wondering if you worked out a new set of optimal tanks stats to go along with the 3/14 changes?

dipstik posted a 2.0 version of his optimal tank stat distro on the PTS Forum. Hopefully he'll repost it after they turn the PTS off.

dipstik posted a 2.0 version of his optimal tank stat distro on the PTS Forum. Hopefully he'll repost it after they turn the PTS off.

I will also be updating my own spreadsheet, which accounts for the value of endurance as a survivability stat for shadow/assassin tanks, as well as provides a more precise ratio of damage/attack types. Generally speaking, dipstik and I usually predict numbers that are within a few percentage points of each other. (which is reassuring!)

Hmmm, maybe I'm doing something wrong. I tried to graph your formulas for alacrity crit & surge. Surge show a nice round DR curve, but alacrity & crit are close to a straight line with no DR. Am I missing something needed to graph these? I will admit I didn't pay attention in calculus class :)

http://i.imgur.com/yDA34pg.jpg

The growth scalar on crit/surge is unbelievably harsh. If you zoom out on the graph, you'll see a much less linear progression as you get into the 2000s and 3000s.

But, who has 2000 Crit? For our purposes, you're saying there isn't much DR on Crit & Alacrity now, is that correct?

The growth scalar on crit/surge is unbelievably harsh. If you zoom out on the graph, you'll see a much less linear progression as you get into the 2000s and 3000s.

But, who has 2000 Crit? For our purposes, you're saying there isn't much DR on Crit & Alacrity now, is that correct?

That is mostly correct. Each of the formulae which is on a DR curve is of the form "cap * (1 - (1 - (0.01 / (cap / 100))) ^ ((rating / 55) / scalar))". The larger the "scalar" value is, the less value you get from each point of rating, thus the longer it takes to reach the cap. When a rating takes a long time to reach the cap, it holds a nearly linear point-for-point growth value until very high values of "rating".

Saying exactly where the DR "kicks in" on a particular stat requires some calculus and some definitional legwork. Because I like being arbitrary, let's define the "point of diminishing returns" for a stat as being the rating at which you are receiving half the per-point value that you would receive at zero rating. (basically, the "half-life" of the stat) We can solve for this by differentiating the formula in question, then solving the derivative divided by the derivative applied at 0. More formally, we have this:

f(x) = [i]the value of a stat in terms of x rating[/i]

Solve, 1 - f'(x) / f'(0) = 0.5

This value is presented below for each of the stats:

• Defense = 1350
  • Shield = 1472
  • Absorb = 1227
  • Crit (from rating) = 1012
  • Crit (from main stat) = 4088
  • Surge = 247
  • Alacrity = 1406
  • Accuracy = 1349

You'll notice that Surge has a *hilariously* low half-value. In fact, that makes me fear that there may be a typo in my original post. I'll check this as soon as 2.0 goes live…

In any case, these values are basically where you start seeing the DR become particularly harsh. At any point prior to these levels, you're looking at a mostly flat return. Thus, for essentially all intents and purposes, main stat has no DR and should be stacked with reckless abandon. Surge, on the other hand, has an absolutely BRUTAL diminishing return, and we shouldn't stack it over a certain (small) value.

the low half value for surge is probably due to the low scalar on it compared to the cap. therefore f'(0) is rather high(due to scalar) but the value of f'(x) drops to below half f'(0) quickly(due to cap). so its more that f'(0) is high than saying that you shouldn't stack that much surge.

If nothing else it should avoid ridiculous crit multipliers from classes that don't really need alacrity once they're capped on accuracy (Focus spec, I'm talking about you).

It is a bit unfortunate though, especially looking forward to the next year or so of itemisation, that alacrity doesn't cover completely the increased energy requirement for classes, especially those with scaled regen. In some cases the resource management is already troublesome at point 0 (IE: lvl 55 HM fp gear). Further increases in alacrity due to the increase in stat pool will only accentuate this problem.

Edited by GeckoOBac

Nice work ninja. You are indeed smarter than most on these forums. First of all I would like to express my thanks for producing the formulae :)

Secondly, do you happen to know the basic stat values for each class? Eg, surge is 50% basic etc. I'm trying to design a pre-2.0 pvp gear maker for my guild however information such as basic toon stats at 55 is no where to be found in the vast space of the web. Also thank you for providing the half life values on secondary stats, makes things a lot easier when it comes to min/maxing.

In addition, does anyone know the max stats gained from datacrons? Do we know of there are any addition datacrons in makeb?

Thank you to all who find the time to reply, it is very much appreciated.

Nice work ninja. You are indeed smarter than most on these forums. First of all I would like to express my thanks for producing the formulae :)

Secondly, do you happen to know the basic stat values for each class? Eg, surge is 50% basic etc. I'm trying to design a pre-2.0 pvp gear maker for my guild however information such as basic toon stats at 55 is no where to be found in the vast space of the web. Also thank you for providing the half life values on secondary stats, makes things a lot easier when it comes to min/maxing.

In addition, does anyone know the max stats gained from datacrons? Do we know of there are any addition datacrons in makeb?

Thank you to all who find the time to reply, it is very much appreciated.

Base stats (as in, base crit, base surge, etc) remain all the same, though ofc there will be a very slight bump to the base mainstat, end, etc due to the additional 5 levels. Base health at 55 will be 4k, up from 2500 at 50.

And from what Dulfy was writing, there are only 2 new datacrons, one +10 presence and one +10 endurance.

Having taken a few calculus courses in college I feel pretty "able" when it comes to math, but I have no idea what the "max(Level, 20)" means in these formulas (or I have completely blocked out those memories with booze).

Can you briefly explain that to me? Thanks.

Having taken a few calculus courses in college I feel pretty "able" when it comes to math, but I have no idea what the "max(Level, 20)" means in these formulas (or I have completely blocked out those memories with booze).

Can you briefly explain that to me? Thanks.

For that part you put in your current level or 20, whichever is higher.

So for example, take a level 55 character with 500 defense rating stat would look like this:

30*(1-(1-(0.01/0.3))^((500/55)/1.2))

Edited by GalenMourne

Thanks for the reply. Do you happen to know the base stats to hand?

Should be 5% crit and 90/100 accuracy. Base crit multiplier is 50%.

Bonus damage starts at 0 ofc.

For the base attributes I'm fairly sure the old formulae are still correct and thus they follow:

Primary Stat = 50 + Level * 4 i.e.

Secondary Stat = 20 + Level * 1.6 i.e.

Tertiary Stat = 10 + Level * 0.8

Endurance = 45 + Level * 3.6

So you should be looking at 270 primary, 108 secondary, 55 for off class attributes and 243 endurance and presence.

[Edit: bear in mind that, ofc, even on a naked character you won't have neither 0 bonus damage nor 5% crit, as the base attributes will still add something to those values, albeit in very small amounts. Also remember to take into account the 1% bonuses to some of the stats from companion affection.]

Edited by GeckoOBac

So, since main stat has almost a non-existent DR, I'm guessing that augmenting main stat will be the best choice?

Probably, but it depends on whether the very much reduce crit gain from mainstat is enough to offset the loss in straight bonus damage compared to power.

Given the amount of +% mainstat buffs you can get, I'm fairly sure that mainstat augments will still be the best option for dps and likely healers, but I don't have mathematical proof.

Probably, but it depends on whether the very much reduce crit gain from mainstat is enough to offset the loss in straight bonus damage compared to power.

Given the amount of +% mainstat buffs you can get, I'm fairly sure that mainstat augments will still be the best option for dps and likely healers, but I don't have mathematical proof.

Actually I've heard that there will be an increasse to crit from mainstat, and I heard it after the pts was closed.. Might just be a rumor tho, cuz i didnt read it myself.

Actually I've heard that there will be an increasse to crit from mainstat, and I heard it after the pts was closed.. Might just be a rumor tho, cuz i didnt read it myself.

Not a rumour, but crit contribution from mainstat was raised relative to the NEW 2.0 contribution, and the amount raised was quite small too. In the end, it's still quite less than what is live right now.

Thankyou for doing the footwork gentlemen, I'm a bit anal about gearing and this was providing me with some anxiety going into 2.0 not knowing how DR and stat contribution has changed.

I might not get all the math, but I get the broad point.

Keep up the good work you guys are awesome.