Any chance that crates will be addressed before 6.0??? They are boring and depressing

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's one of the points I made. A piece of 246 gear, is only like 6 UC's. You need 500 just for one crystal. Do you realize how many crates you have to open to get 500 UC's? The rate is just way too slow and makes opening crates depressing, not rewarding.

it has long and long and long been the case that they treat crate gear as a *bonus* above and beyond the other ways of getting it, and the very low UC gain from disintegration is part and parcel of that. In their view, you are supposed to play relevant PvE or PvP content to gain gear (Ops Tokens) or UCs (PvP rewards). The disintegration UCs are a bonus, not the (designed) principal method of gaining gear.

And if you're not playing that sort of content, gear above 228-purple crafted is unimportant. Well, that's the theory, anyway. The PvP bolster is (currently) below max-gear (for a while after 248s were launched, PvP bolster was 250), which is consistent with that theory, except that dedicated PvPers can't get 258s without at least playing through Ossus once.

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

So, I have good news on that front. The drop rates of masterwork gear from Command Crates is going to be increasing in 5.10.3 next week. That gear will still be rare overall, but it will start dropping more often.

Thanks all.

-eric

Hey folks,

So, I have good news on that front. The drop rates of masterwork gear from Command Crates is going to be increasing in 5.10.3 next week. That gear will still be rare overall, but it will start dropping more often.

Thanks all.

-eric

SWEET !!

Wooo Hoooo !

TYVM

Hey folks,

Thanks all.

-eric

From 0.0000001% to 0.0000005%? ;)

YIKES ! I'll be old, white haired .. and retired by then !

:eek::eek::eek:

Wait ... ummm I'm already OLD.. White haired .. and retired !!

:D:D:D

Yes, we would all be old, white haired and over 65 waiting for those drops lol. I hope it's a worthwhile drop, but i am not holding my breath.

masterwork gear from Command Crates

-eric

Masterwork gear, as in rating 258 gear, doesn't drop from command crates currently. It's either

• Masterwork Data Crystals
  • Artifact boxes containing a random purple Artifact rating 252 Experimental Ossan piece

So what do you mean Eric?

Masterwork gear, as in rating 258 gear, doesn't drop from command crates currently. It's either

• Artifact boxes containing a random purple Artifact rating 252 Experimental Ossan piece

So what do you mean Eric?

I was confused as well. He did say gear. So it's the 252 stuff, i guess.

Having a masterwork or monumental crystal drop chance would be way more exciting when you get it. A random piece of 252 might not be an upgrade, but it's components i suppose.

Though i must say that i actively play 5-8 characters and i never saw a piece of 252 gear drop. It worries me that this increased chance might not be much different.

Edited by Nemmar

Yes, we would all be old, white haired and over 65 waiting for those drops lol. I hope it's a worthwhile drop, but i am not holding my breath.

Time will tell.. I think things will pick up !

Who knows... maybe even a few of the things we are hoping for on our 6.0 wish list just might make it as well.

OK... now maybe that part might be pushing it! But you never know !

:D

Hey folks,

Thanks all.

-eric

While I love it’s happening. It’s a shame these good fixes that people have been asking for since the gear inception, always seem to happen before a new expansion, when they will end up being obsolete.

Ie, changes to the old pvp gearing system were made perfect in 4.3? It was just about everything pvpers had asked for over the years. Then 3-6 months later you flushed it all down the drain with 5.0 and gave us the worst gearing system possible for pvp.

I really hope this isn’t going to happen again and you aren’t just throwing us a bone till the expansion ;)

Hey folks,

Thanks all.

-eric

See I couldn't care any more. You pushed my stubborn button. The drop rate could be 100% and I wouldnt use it. Take the gear you want me to grind mere months before an expansion and shove it with the lightsaber I earned and never received.

very good.

we all want a lil higher chance to get a crate to desintegrate it to UCs,

getting converted to credits, soon. thanks merkel :D

but honestly guys...

even if there would be a 100% chance, to get a 252 box our of every level 4 crate,

it would take months to equip by that, because it is double rng!

at first you would have a chance of 33% to get the "right" box and after that, just try to

get the needed relict or implant. good luck. if it would be a 100% chance for a 258 item,

it would be usefull for some, but even here it mostly will be desintegrated to UCs.

even if there would be a 100% chance, to get a 252 box our of every level 4 crate,

it would take months to equip by that, because it is double rng!

at first you would have a chance of 33% to get the "right" box and after that, just try to

get the needed relict or implant. good luck. if it would be a 100% chance for a 258 item,

it would be usefull for some, but even here it mostly will be desintegrated to UCs.

I think actual gear pieces drop, when they do. Back when we first got ossus, I actually got one 252 gear, and it was... er, either a relic or an implant, I forget which now. But it was actual gear, not one of the 3 boxes. Not that that invalidates your point about rng I guess. It'll probably still be 5 accuracy implants in a row or whatever - at least with CXP, when you went up a level you could turn in any relic/implant and swap it for whatever relic/implant you wanted. I had always kinda wished there was a way to just keep getting tier 3 crates, and never get tier 4, back when CXP mattered.

And yeah, if I had known when I got that 1 252 gear, that I would NEVER see another another drop from a crate I would have screen shot it and framed it on the wall. My first thought when Eric posted "dropping more often" was ... "oh, you mean AT ALL". I'm with what a few others have already said... meh, too late. :( I'd be happier if the crates would stack in inventory, then I could just ignore them.

I was confused as well. He did say gear. So it's the 252 stuff, i guess.

Having a masterwork or monumental crystal drop chance would be way more exciting when you get it. A random piece of 252 might not be an upgrade, but it's components i suppose.

Though i must say that i actively play 5-8 characters and i never saw a piece of 252 gear drop. It worries me that this increased chance might not be much different.

Since December I’ve gotten an artifact 252 box from a crate once and never gotten a MasDC although both are supposed to have a chance to drop.

It’s kinda insulting that blue prototype 244 gear drops from tier 4 crates still, at this stage of the game. When it was first introduced with, what, 5.2 maybe, it made sense, but after 5.10 and certainly not now that we know 6.0 is changing everything and UCs are going to convert to credits

I think that 244 gear should be removed, 248 gear should drop at the original frequency of 244 gear, 252 boxes should be at the rate 246 pieces were originally, and MasDC should be as frequent as 248 pieces currently. Increase disintegration rates for 248 gear five-to-ten fold.

Hey folks,

Thanks all.

-eric

XD... since launch, i drop none in tier 4 box...

I haven't seen any or that drop from crates either, yet - speaking 250ish crates or so.

Has anyone actually seen 252 gear or Crytals in a crate at all?

While I love it’s happening. It’s a shame these good fixes that people have been asking for since the gear inception, always seem to happen before a new expansion, when they will end up being obsolete.

Ie, changes to the old pvp gearing system were made perfect in 4.3? It was just about everything pvpers had asked for over the years. Then 3-6 months later you flushed it all down the drain with 5.0 and gave us the worst gearing system possible for pvp.

I really hope this isn’t going to happen again and you aren’t just throwing us a bone till the expansion ;)

Ya know Trix ... I've read MANY concerns about PvP since I've been here. Even though I don't engage in that sort of thing any more ( old age thing) .. I use to do that a LOT in other MMO's where there were multiple styles of PvP. I found one that suited me the best. I got to be pretty good at it. The balance issues ... gear issues ... ALL of that sort of thing is unquestionably a matter that I sincerly hope that BW gives Eric and the team the funding that is needed to properly adress the entire scope of PvP.

As much as I have a personal desire to see a couple pet projects of mine become a reality I would GLADLY wait until December or Janurary of 2020 in order to get them IF that was what was necessary to address the PvP situation. IMO ... it really IS THAT important.

Thanks !

If You are already changing drop ratio, why not make it really high so it drops often ?

6.0 will reset all gear, so where is harm in giving players easy access to better gear by playing any content for this 4 months over summer.

I refuse to play Ossus over and over again and i am sure i am not the only one.

It doesn't require more work from you if you are already planing to change drop ratio, to put it high.

I haven't seen any or that drop from crates either, yet - speaking 250ish crates or so.

Has anyone actually seen 252 gear or Crytals in a crate at all?

https://imgur.com/a/LTbu212 is the screenshot I took after receiving my first and only after 5 months, 900+ tier 4 crates and it was on a character who didn't need it for any of her specs but was at GC rank 251. Earlier that night, someone freaked out in chat because a crystal dropped for them and we had to reassure them that they didn't exploit or break the game.

Hey folks,

Thanks all.

-eric

Master work gear drops from crates? Well i have never seen one, nor do i think the drop will ever be useful beyond disintegration for UCs. Have it drop crystals instead.

I do wholeheartedly agree with crates being an utter waste of time. For a bit i was straight up deleting that junk. Now i optimised to get it over with as quick as i can, saving what i notice is good, mass disintegrating the rest. 99% junk, pretty boring.

Hey folks,

Thanks all.

-eric

Hello Eric,

may I ask for a clarification of that statement? The 5.10 patch notes didn't mention, there is a chance for masterwork gear to drop, and I have never received a single item from tier 4 crates.

This is what's in the patchnotes:

• Tier 3 and 4 Command Crates now have a rare chance to drop Masterwork Data Crystals.
  • Artifact Lockboxes which contain a single piece of item rating 252 gear can now drop out of Tier 3 and 4 Command Crates.

For the record, in the 5+ months since 5.10 release I have not recevied a single Masterwork Data Crystal from Tier 4 Command Crates and I've only gotten 2 pieces of 252 Artifact Lockboxes. Don't know the exact number, but by my estimates we are talking about more then 1000 crates opened in my case.

Thank you

Peter