Rasmus Blys CORRECT tactics?

hi guys,

I been doing labs hm for a while now but myself and others are still unsure on the correct tactics to defeat Rasmus Blys... some people say focus down an add when it appears and then on boss, others say if a red one is released then you release a blue one attack it and then chemical attraction takes place and others say when an add is released use a coolant tank to freeze it and then when you get the chemical attraction message THEN release a blue one etc... anyone knows the official tactics for it?

Not sure on the official tacticas but this works for us.

Get a RDPS to manage the adds if possible. Don't DPS the red adds get the tank to pick them up. If a blue add spawns release a red, pew pew the blue and it will pull the red add to him and explode. Same if a red add is spawned release the blue add and pew it.

The first run we did we could not get the reaction to work so after a few wipes we just DPSed the red adds down then killed the boss. This is definitely not the "official" way to do it.

Merc/Mara DPS Sorc Healer Jugg tank

Edited by THEOscott

When a red add spawns, CC it (there are pressurized coolant tanks nearby that can be clicked to CC all nearby NPCs) and then pop a blue. DPS the blue until it starts casting Chemical Attraction. When a blue add spawns, DPS it until it starts casting Chemical Attraction and then pop a red. Beyond that, you just blow up Rasmus.

When a red add spawns, CC it (there are pressurized coolant tanks nearby that can be clicked to CC all nearby NPCs) and then pop a blue. DPS the blue until it starts casting Chemical Attraction. When a blue add spawns, DPS it until it starts casting Chemical Attraction and then pop a red. Beyond that, you just blow up Rasmus.

The coolant tanks are actually there to remove Rasmus's stacking buff towards the end of the fight. If you pop all of them on the Red adds, you're probably going to have a hard time getting Ras down without fairly strong DPS and healing.

Oh, I didn't know about the coolant containers to CC them. Not that you need to, we just had the tank pick up the add until the other spawned. Probably a little rough that way for an undergeared healer and tank but for us it was fine.

hi guys,

I been doing labs hm for a while now but myself and others are still unsure on the correct tactics to defeat Rasmus Blys... some people say focus down an add when it appears and then on boss, others say if a red one is released then you release a blue one attack it and then chemical attraction takes place and others say when an add is released use a coolant tank to freeze it and then when you get the chemical attraction message THEN release a blue one etc... anyone knows the official tactics for it?

Release the experiment of the opposite color. When experiments are free, the will put a red or blue dot on a member of the party. Make sure your healer cleanses these dots, they deal damage. Also, focusing the blue adds causes the chemical attraction faster. My sister and I made a walkthrough and video you can view.

Edited by Jesishiko_Ketra
updated answer

Release the experiment of the opposite color. When experiments are free, the will put a red or blue dot on a member of the party. Make sure your healer cleanses these dots, they deal damage. Also, focusing the blue adds causes the chemical attraction faster. My sister and I made a walkthrough and video you can view.

Thank you SO much for the video, nice to have at least some details in the explanation!!!... and thanks guys for the differing points of view on the fight, looks like there is no real "best" way of doing it, but most people agree dps'ing he blue add is the way to go... anyway thanks again for all the replies it was interesting!!!

Thank you all who came up with damaging the blues, you saved my guildmates and me so much time and frustration. Focusing those makes the fight pretty easy :)

What worked for us was to have the tank pretty much focus on Blys and the rest put priority on popping the opposite colour and damaging the blue. Before, we had a successful attempt where we just wantonly opened all bottles and had at it, but let's just say that this is not a tactic for the ill-equipped.

Edited by Laurreth

Only thing we ran into was DPS freaking out if a red or blue got on them and not focusing on getting them close enough for the chemical attraction to do it's thing. They'd pop the opposite color but not kite them near enough each other to get them dead right away so it was a bit of a pain for the heals, but we survived.

After watching the vid I can see there's definitely a much smoother way to handle things, and doing it that way I really don't think you even need the tank on them. If you're geared the heals can easily take care of the DPS while they damage a blue and then get back onto Rasmus.

I soloed the SM by released a blue after a red was freed nearby and vice-versa. I didn't attack the adds but let them destroying each other. Soloing things is good to figure out what's going on.

If the blue are attacked, they might switch the aggro to you. It's no need to attack red since a blue one will do the job faster. In a group you may devote someone to open the right containers and instruct your mates to not attack any adds.

I soloed the SM by released a blue after a red was freed nearby and vice-versa. I didn't attack the adds but let them destroying each other. Soloing things is good to figure out what's going on.

If the blue are attacked, they might switch the aggro to you. It's no need to attack red since a blue one will do the job faster. In a group you may devote someone to open the right containers and instruct your mates to not attack any adds.

made the same conclusion

i think that's the very right tactic

they can put one or two hits on you but will collapse themselves pretty fast

any damadge on them can switch agro

The coolant tanks are actually there to remove Rasmus's stacking buff towards the end of the fight. If you pop all of them on the Red adds, you're probably going to have a hard time getting Ras down without fairly strong DPS and healing.

This is silly. I've been farming this in an alt group over the last few days. The tank was an un-geared, un-augmented shadow alt and the healer was a poorly geared sage alt in DPS gear. We didn't even notice this mechanic. Maybe your problem was that you were on a shadow...oh no, so was our tank. It wasn't a matter of burning it quickly either, seeing how our DPS were equally under-built.

Stun the reds. They're more irritating than the boss.