How much savings do the Tax Evasion guild perks net you?

Clayburn

Well, maybe it's because my guild is still level 1 since no one plays and I'm the only one doing conquest, but I don't even see this perk in the perk lists. Which room does it go in? If Eric's post from 9 Nov that introduced the perks holds true then:

Cost Reductions - Reduce cost of GTN Commission or Repairs,by 5/10/15%. 28 day duration.

But Eric said the list was not comprehensive and that we should expect changes including removal.

• 1 year later...

After testing Tax Evasion I, the cut is reduced from 8% to 7.1%. This means that in order for profit to be made, sales need to be just above 83,333,333 credits.

Tax Evasion II and Tax Evasion III are not available in-game as of April 2020

• 5 months later...
After testing Tax Evasion I, the cut is reduced from 8% to 7.1%. This means that in order for profit to be made, sales need to be just above 83,333,333 credits.

Tax Evasion II and Tax Evasion III are not available in-game as of April 2020

This is inaccurate - I cannot confirm if Tax Evasion III is not available, but Tax Evasion II is. I would post a picture, but idk how.

What "profit" are you talking about?

If I get something as a drop and put it on the GTN, any credits I get are "profit". With Tax Evasion, I would make slightly more "profit". 😏

This is inaccurate - I cannot confirm if Tax Evasion III is not available, but Tax Evasion II is. I would post a picture, but idk how.

You cannot post pictures here, but you can post links to pictures that are stored on other sites.

Example: here's a picture I posted a year ago to illustrate a display bug with a particular weapon: https://i.imgur.com/x1WyTo6.jpg

What "profit" are you talking about?

If I get something as a drop and put it on the GTN, any credits I get are "profit". With Tax Evasion, I would make slightly more "profit". 😏

Probably means the point at which the difference between 8% and 7.1% exceeds the cost of the perk. It's a bit subjective - if it's a big guild where people share this kind of cost, it's less extreme than this suggests.

Probably means the point at which the difference between 8% and 7.1% exceeds the cost of the perk. It's a bit subjective - if it's a big guild where people share this kind of cost, it's less extreme than this suggests.

I guess I need to pay more attention, but my next question would be "what cost" to the perk. That's partly because I'm not in game atm, and I haven't actually looked into guild perks. But it seems to me that the perks are just "there". The only cost I associate with them is the cost of unlocking the guild ship's rooms, but they would be unlocked anyway, with or without any 'perks' (probably). 🤔

I guess I need to pay more attention, but my next question would be "what cost" to the perk. That's partly because I'm not in game atm, and I haven't actually looked into guild perks. But it seems to me that the perks are just "there". The only cost I associate with them is the cost of unlocking the guild ship's rooms, but they would be unlocked anyway, with or without any 'perks' (probably). 🤔

Tax Evasion I costs, IIRC, 750,000 credits and 50 Guild Commendations. What Romanosiud was saying is that for there to be a profit one would need to make a total of 83,333,333 credits in sales to recoup the credit cost for the perk.

Specifically:

83,333,333(8%) - 83,333333(7.1%) = 749,999.99 credits

But Steve is correct that that is subjective since the cost for purchasing perks is often shared by many in the guild.

Edited by ceryxp

Tax Evasion I costs, IIRC, 750,000 credits and 50 Guild Commendations.

But Steve is correct that that is subjective since the cost for purchasing perks is often shared by many in the guild.

Also, the perk applies to all people in the guild (I think) 😏

Edited by JediQuaker

Also, the perk applies to all people in the guild (I think) 😏

It does.

ETA:

BTW, Tax Evasion II, which costs 1.25 million and 52 Guild Commendations for 28-days, lowers the GTN tax from 8% to ~6.4%. That means to recoup the credit cost for the perk one must make 78,125,000 credits in sales while the perk is active.

Edited by ceryxp

I finally remembered last night to look into Tax Evasion. TE2 for 1.25 million and 52 thingies for 28 days !!?? What the...? 😮

No, thanks. 🤔

It actually is not that bad. See my edit above. To recoup the credit cost for Tax Evasion I one has to make 83.33 million credits in sales, but for TE II, even though it costs almost twice as much, that drops down to 78.125 million in sales. A difference of over 5.2 million less.

Tax Evasion I - GTN tax reduced to ~7.1%, an 11.25% reduction

0.08x - 0.071x = 750,000; solve for x

x = 83,333,333.334

Tax Evasion II - GTN tax reduced to ~6.4%, a 20% reduction

0.08x - 0.064x = 1,250,000

x = 78,125,000

I have not seen Tax Evasion III in the list of perks, so I have do not know the cost or the reduction. If we assume that TE III is supposed to have a recoup point lower than TE II, and we assume that TE III is going to cost as much as the highest tier III perks (2.5 million) then the GTN tax reduction would have to be greater then 40% (40%, ~4.8% GTN tax, breaks even on the recoup point with TE II). If TE III lowers the GTN tax by 45 or 50% then the recoup point will be lower than TE II at ~64.45 million and 62.5 million credits in sales respectively, which, if you are a prolific GTN merchant, would be a good investment as more than likely you will make more than 65 million in sales on the GTN in that 28-days.