Pure ranked 8v8 Huttball

Drudenfusz

How about with the removal of the normal ranked 8v8, maybe getting it back in the future just for huttball maps? So, that teams don't have to think about all maps, just about huttball and future maps that also be like huttball. I think that should have an ranked 8v8 option! Am I the only one who thinks that way?

How about with the removal of the normal ranked 8v8, maybe getting it back in the future just for huttball maps? So, that teams don't have to think about all maps, just about huttball and future maps that also be like huttball. I think that should have an ranked 8v8 option! Am I the only one who thinks that way?

Speaking of bad ideas; they should also make a Void Star only queue too!

Speaking of bad ideas; they should also make a Void Star only queue too!

I actually like Voidstar, but it becomes in ranked matches so often just a zergfest, while Huttball on the other hand could work pretty well as an e-sport, should BioWare ever want to go in that direction, they should not discard it now.

I actually like Voidstar, but it becomes in ranked matches so often just a zergfest, while Huttball on the other hand could work pretty well as an e-sport, should BioWare ever want to go in that direction, they should not discard it now.

Also take it from a former halo player E-sport gaming can only ever happen and flourish on a large scale it can not survive on a small scale (IE lack of cross server queues since day 1) For a game to really be successful as an "e-sport" said game has to have on point service from game developers and that's something this game will probably always lack :cool:

Huttball is the grandest stage to show of this games ****** class balance system sorry but this is a dumb idea. :p

The thing is, I don't think in Huttball there has to be a true class balance for PvP, because a ball carrier is vastly different from a tank on other maps. Sure, nobody would like and Vanguard or Powertech as ball carrieres, but something is always. People can create teams just with huttball in mind, that is like the raids, not every tank is good for every boss.

I really would love to see what people would come up with teams and it could ancourage more people to have an interest in that. Take for example the RP community, which could do events about the teams in the league without even playing themselves. All the cartel stuff BioWare puts on the market would also become interesting (so, BioWare would get paid for their work too on that).

I think it is a win win for everyone.

Make huttball somewhat challenging for force users and I'll agree with you. There's nothing special about pressing 1 button and jumping (or getting pulled) across 1/4th of the map.

Now, am I saying huttball doesn't require teamwork? Hell no! But it's stacked in the favor of force users too heavily to be considered....lol an "E-sport". At least add some kind of traps for them since most of the time they just walk under the fire pits anyway.

Also take it from a former halo player E-sport gaming can only ever happen and flourish on a large scale it can not survive on a small scale (IE lack of cross server queues since day 1) For a game to really be successful as an "e-sport" said game has to have on point service from game developers and that's something this game will probably always lack :cool:

You are right on this, BioWare should have implemented cross-server PvP a long time ago (maybe even released with it)...

Now that I am thinking about it, maybe BioWare shoudl they decide to follow my idea, could make two leagues. One is server bound like normal, and than there is the higher galaxy league which would be cross-server.

You are right on this, BioWare should have implemented cross-server PvP a long time ago (maybe even released with it)...

Now that I am thinking about it, maybe BioWare shoudl they decide to follow my idea, could make two leagues. One is server bound like normal, and than there is the higher galaxy league which would be cross-server.

Well the real problem is :p:p:p:p this game is already sooooo small and its getting smaller and smaller as the days go by. Player base has beeen shrinking since before 2.0 it would be very hard to breed any kinda leauge out of an already tiny player base and from the looks of it this player base will take an ever larger hit once 8v8s go away in 2.4 so :(

But its nice to see people like you are still around :p Forward thinking is always a great thing imo.

Edited by mfourcustom

^this I mean the problem at its core is a team of A+++ players with no sages/scors and no jug tanks/shadows or op heals will get rolled by a same level skill team with all the said classes.

Huttball just favors to few classes like arena's will sadly.

So what, not everybody is made to be a quaterback or any other possition in american football, some are just viewers and fans. But at least give the people who are interested in that sport something. I am pretty sure, everone who loves Huttball has long time ago rerolled a class that does good in that game. If, you don't have a class that is good there, why would you want to play? And that you don't like it is already clear, but that doesn't mean that other people still could enjoy it, you can go and enjoy arenas or hwathave you, not everything has to be for everyone, this is how MMOs work (and pretty much the rest of the world outside too).

So what, not everybody is made to be a quaterback...

Do you see what we have to put up with bioware? People who think they're entitled to an easy win just because they picked a specific class. That's about the dumbest thing I've read on here so far (and I've been to the suggestion box once or twice).

Put up an anti-scrub wall and force these players to play your warzone properly.

Edited by Ovanmaru

So what, not everybody is made to be a quaterback or any other possition in american football, some are just viewers and fans. But at least give the people who are interested in that sport something. I am pretty sure, everone who loves Huttball has long time ago rerolled a class that does good in that game. If, you don't have a class that is good there, why would you want to play? And that you don't like it is already clear, but that doesn't mean that other people still could enjoy it, you can go and enjoy arenas or hwathave you, not everything has to be for everyone, this is how MMOs work (and pretty much the rest of the world outside too).

lol I'm just saying

1) anything that isn't an even playing ground for both teams can never truly be competitive.

2) with the ****** class balance of this game many guilds/teams wouldn't participate after 2 weeks of getting beat by A++ meta game comps. Same thing that happened with rated pvp when it first was launched way back when.

I'm sure people would enjoy it until the hardcore meta game only comps start stomping all over the people that are just playing for "enjoyment" sake but hey a good huttball with two even teams Is fun to watch I will always agree on that! lol

Edited by mfourcustom

Do you see what we have to put up with bioware? People who think they're entitled to an easy win just because they picked a specific class. That's about the dumbest thing I've read on here so far (and I've been to the suggestion box once or twice).

Put up an anti-scrub wall and force these players to play your warzone properly.

I don't want an easy win, I expect my opposition to give me some challenge. People who don't like it or don't get a good team for huttball don't have to queue. That is no different than it currently is, some classses are not as good as others, and that will be the same with arena. Different styles of play make different things important. You wouldn't send a team of swimmers to a football world cup, you take people twho can perform the tasks necessary.

lol I'm just saying

1) anything that isn't an even playing ground for both teams can never truly be competitive.

Why not? Everybody would knew that it is all about huttball, so only teams interested in it have to queue for it, everybody else can go do arenas or whatevery BioWare might also give them. But those players interested in it can create teams that are competitive with other teams, nobdy is forcing you to take people who suck playing huttball with you.

2) with the ****** class balance of this game many guilds/teams wouldn't participate after 2 weeks of getting beat by A++ meta game comps. Same thing that happened with rated pvp when it first was launched way back when.

I'm sure people would enjoy it until the hardcore meta game only comps start stomping all over the people that are just playing for "enjoyment" sake but hey a good huttball with two even teams Is fun to watch I will always agree on that! lol

Meta game is natural part in every PvP, it has always been and will always be, people who don't like that will never be the best players, because they ignore a essential part of it. That is true for sports and pretty much every competitive game. Don't see how that is now suddenly a huge issue with my suggestion? Truely hard core PvP players will always lock on what is currently the strongest setup, not to replicate it (only wannabes do that), but to figure out how to beat it.... look for examble to chess, that game is pretty simple and yet can be quite complex, people study openings and endgames and famous matches and all sorts of other things. They think about the playstyle certain world class players have and still there is no single best way to play the game... same goes for every kind of competitive game, absolute balance is not necessary, as long as you know what you are doing and what weaknesses others have (player or class).

But, now the discussion has become about the meta game, and is not really any longer about my topic, so back to that!

Edited by Drudenfusz

I don't want an easy win, I expect my opposition to give me some challenge. People who don't like it or don't get a good team for huttball don't have to queue. That is no different than it currently is, some classses are not as good as others, and that will be the same with arena. Different styles of play make different things important. You wouldn't send a team of swimmers to a football world cup, you take people twho can perform the tasks necessary.

Why not? Everybody would knew that it is all about huttball, so only teams interested in it have to queue for it, everybody else can go do arenas or whatevery BioWare might also give them. But those players interested in it can create teams that are competitive with other teams, nobdy is forcing you to take people who suck playing huttball with you.

Meta game is natural part in every PvP, it has always been and will always be, people who don't like that will never be the best players, because they ignore a essential part of it. That is true for sports and pretty much every competitive game. Don't see how that is now suddenly a huge issue with my suggestion? Truely hard core PvP players will always lock on what is currently the strongest setup, not to replicate it (only wannabes do that), but to figure out how to beat it.... look for examble to chess, that game is pretty simple and yet can be quite complex, people study openings and endgames and famous matches and all sorts of other things. They think about the playstyle certain world class players have and still there is no single best way to play the game... same goes for every kind of competitive game, absolute balance is not necessary, as long as you know what you are doing and what weaknesses others have (player or class).

But, now the discussion has become about the meta game, and is not really any longer about my topic, so back to that!

Hey if your idea went through and somehow worked I would thank you and sit back and enjoy the games if there where some way to watch outside of twitch streams:cool:

But even with cross server queues it would come down to around only 6ish teams playing after around two weeks.

Not many people have the drive to get beat over and over and get better.

But good luck on your idea like i said its nice to at least see people who are forward thinking people trying to help the game in anyway they can.