Gray Helix - Bound to Legacy (Please)

Valefor

Seriously, I rarely rant on the forums but I dont understand why rewards that are all bound to legacy have a token that is not bound to legacy?

Please can this be changed or a reasoning given by BW for why its bound?

Edited by Valefor
Typo

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed - The entire Rep system is based off legacy Reputation to the point reputation earned on an Empire toon will transfer to a republic toon. All adding up under the same legacy.

How they made the Grey Helix tokens BOP is beyond me.

Please make these BOL.

Edited by Quraswren

Agree 100% none of the other item purchase tokens were bound, ie the Rakghoul DNA Samples, and the Chevin tokens [can't remember what they are called. so please for the love of Star Wars unbind the Grey Helix, or at least make it Bind to Legacy.

I was about to start the very same thread. These tokens need to be at least bound to Legacy - I am all fine with them not being able to be sold.

I have 6 toons working on this event, like I did for the past couple of events and I don't see why each contribution couldn't count especially when this update was IMO very Legacy centric with that reputation system where all your characters can contribute to your score. Basically I'm forced to stay on my main toon to grind these tokens which defeats the purpose of the reputation grind that can be done on several characters, that's annoying.

Edited by demotivator

You can get a maximum of 38x Gray Helix Components per character from this very event cycle. There is no reason why GHCs need to be BoL because:

1. You will be able to buy a Gree weapon on at least one character (this assumes reputation can be obtained after the event is over)
  2. The Gree weapons themselves are BoL which makes GHCs BoL at 18x or 24x increments only

This means that you have to commit to getting 18x or 24x GHCs on one character versus doing 3 sets of Heroics on 6 characters and having them consolidated.

Edited by xGBox

• Dev Post
Weapon rewards for the Gree event have been double checked and are currently working as designed. While the weapon components are bind on pickup, the weapons themselves are bind on Legacy. If you have obtained a Gray Helix weapon that is bind on pickup, please post in this thread with as many details as possible. Edited by AmberGreen

Weapon rewards for the Gree event have been double checked and are currently working as designed. While the weapon components are bind on pickup, the weapons themselves are bind on Legacy. If you have obtained a Gray Helix weapon that is bind on pickup, please post in this thread with as many details as possible.

I think it's pretty clear that's not what people were talking about. As it stands you pretty much have to farm the world boss to get enough components for a Grey Helix weapon within the duration of the event.

I'd be more annoyed by this if the weapons had any particular value, like the Chevin event weapons did, but aside from finally having a BoL lightsaber shell everything in this event is entirely cosmetic, which is just kind of... well, dull by this point.

Weapon rewards for the Gree event have been double checked and are currently working as designed. While the weapon components are bind on pickup, the weapons themselves are bind on Legacy. If you have obtained a Gray Helix weapon that is bind on pickup, please post in this thread with as many details as possible.

And now you know the problem though you are skipping around it.

Why are the weapon components BOP when the entire event is based around legacy.

Weapon components should be BOL as well as the weapons you buy with them. Luckily you at least got it half right but I'm hoping for something more logical given how the event is running.

/facepalm

A 'yellow' response on the forums appears to be very rare event and then when you get one it totally misses the point. AmberGreen do you actually play the game? - if you did you would know there can't be many people (if any?) who have managed to have enough components to purchase a weapon yet - but that was never the question asked anyway. Considering the reputation system is legacy wide, the rewards are legacy wide, having the components bound to a character is very un-intuitive and and seems a very odd decision - but I'm sure we are all very open minded to hear the rational behind it.

Edited by ZavienUK

That doesn't explain WHY the components are BoP rather than BoL, which I would have thought be the next natural step after "yes, this is working as intended".

So simple math and facts are like this then:

If someone want to get 24 helix priced item they have to do all dailys and one time mission + at least each week story mode ops. Without ops they are 2 helixes short. I hope people who play solo wont be dissapointed to find out that when event ends.

if you miss one daily and wont do ops also, then you are short to get even 18 helix weapon.

Ether way ops is a must for this event, and if you miss any dailys, then you need HM ops aswell.

Why so tight component rewarding Amber? Was this event ment to make sure you do everything or most dailys weeklys to get anything?

Edited by Divona

working as designed is dumb in that case.

why would a bind on legacy item you can freely switch between characters be prevented from being bought by freely switching the item used to buy it between characters? There is no consistency of design in this.

Things that make sense are ok. things that dont make sense are not. make this make sense.

Edited by SlimsPicken

Seriously, I rarely rant on the forums but I dont understand why rewards that are all bound to legacy have a token that is not bound to legacy?

Please can this be changed or a reasoning given by BW for why its bound?

Original question: Why are BOL rewards paid for with BOP tokens?

Official response: Weapons are BOL and tokens are BOP.

wow.... I'm glad that has been established... now, would you care to elaborate on why the tokens are BOP?

Ummm, I don't know why all of you are complaining. Even if you farmed World Bosses and did both SM and HM of the Xeno world boss and get all the required components. Your still not going to be able to get the weapon this event round anyway.

Because the TOTAL amount of reputation your allowed to get in two weeks is roughly 24000. NONE of you will even be able to get Rep high enough to meet the requirement of CHAMPION STATUS! Even if you have stashed a crap load of Rep tokens in your inventory. You WILL NOT be able to use them past the alloted Rep CAP....PERIOD!!!!!!

This event was specifically designed to happen more then ONCE according to their blog post two days ago. NO ONE will get any Gree Weapons at all this event unless its looted from a mob. END of STORY....Move along!

Source: http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20130212

Edited by Raideag

I think it's pretty clear that's not what people were talking about. As it stands you pretty much have to farm the world boss to get enough components for a Grey Helix weapon within the duration of the event.

I'd be more annoyed by this if the weapons had any particular value, like the Chevin event weapons did, but aside from finally having a BoL lightsaber shell everything in this event is entirely cosmetic, which is just kind of... well, dull by this point.

How so? In 2 days I've gotten 10 already. I only did each world boss once. Only 8 more and I have enough to buy a weapon. I think I can manage that in 12 days without framing world bosses.

Ummm, I don't know why all of you are complaining. Even if you farmed World Bosses and did both SM and HM of the Xeno world boss and get all the required components. Your still not going to be able to get the weapon anyway.

Because the TOTAL amount of reputation your allowed to get in two weeks is roughly 24000. NONE of you will even be able to get Rep high enough to meet the requirement of CHAMPION STATUS! Even if you have stashed a crap load of Rep tokens in your inventory. You WILL NOT be able to use them past the alloted Rep CAP....PERIOD!!!!!!

This event was specifically designed to happen more then ONCE according to their blog post two days ago. NO ONE will get any Gree Weapons at all this event unless its looted from a mob. END of STORY....Move along!

Yellow post has said the vendors aren't going anywhere. If you're doing the quests regularly you're going to have large stockpiles of the gifts to get the rep. It will take several weeks but it shouldn't be a problem at all.