Furious Power Bugged? (Immortal)

Jethsidi

If you're combining 4 stacks of Furious Power into your opening threat rotation it will look something like this:

Enrage > Force Charge > Furious Power > Crushing Blow + Retaliation > Backhand > Vicious Throw (requires War Bringer utility) > Ravage

Problem is, at the end of that you still have 1 stack left. Crushing Blow, Retaliation, Vicious Throw, and Ravage all proc Furious Power individually, but it seems when you use Retaliation off the GCD it doesn't pull the stack.

Not sure if this is intended or not?

If you're combining 4 stacks of Furious Power into your opening threat rotation it will look something like this:

Enrage > Force Charge > Furious Power > Crushing Blow + Retaliation > Backhand > Vicious Throw (requires War Bringer utility) > Ravage

Problem is, at the end of that you still have 1 stack left. Crushing Blow, Retaliation, Vicious Throw, and Ravage all proc Furious Power individually, but it seems when you use Retaliation off the GCD it doesn't pull the stack.

Not sure if this is intended or not?

Yes, it seems like Furious Power has some kind of ICD on stack consumption. Even for DPS specs, for Rage, for example. If you do Furious Power -> Vicious Throw -> <anything that is supposed to use a stack>, you won't actually consume a Furious Power stack with that 2nd ability. That's because Vicious Throw deals damage at the end of the GCD, and the stack is consumed only then. So by the time you use your 2nd ability, this ICD is still not ready and that ability is not going to consume a stack. Observed it with Rage opener:

Force Leap + Enrage -> Raging burst -> Furious Strike -> Vicious Throw (War Bringer) -> Obliterate ->

Obliterate is not affected by Furious Power in that case... So I had to move Vicious Throw a bit further.

Force Leap + Enrage -> Raging burst -> Furious Strike -> Obliterate -> Vicious Throw (War Bringer) -> <here I can even use something like Sundering Strike, not consume a stack and save it for the next Furious Strike>

So yes, in your example Retaliation is not consuming a stack. But there is another problem with that opener. As you can see, you have Vicious Throw -> Ravage, so it's the same example as I just mentioned. But you do consume a 3rd stack with Ravage. Why? Well, because Ravage hits 3 times and you consume a stack on like 2nd or 3rd hit, I think. So, if you had something like

Enrage > Force Charge > Furious Power > Crushing Blow + Retaliation > Backhand > Vicious Throw (requires War Bringer utility) > Vicious Slash or any single hit melee attack,

you would probably consume only 2 stacks with that opener...

I kind of like the Vicious Throw part myself. It allows me to throw a trash weapon skill after Vicious Throw and not consume a stack, and then use it on a harder hitting skill (which, for example, just came off cooldown). But Retaliation in Immortal is always going to completely miss Furious Power, for better or worse.

Edited by Equeliber

Yes, it seems like Furious Power has some kind of ICD on stack consumption. Even for DPS specs, for Rage, for example. If you do Furious Power -> Vicious Throw -> <anything that is supposed to use a stack>, you won't actually consume a Furious Power stack with that 2nd ability. That's because Vicious Throw deals damage at the end of the GCD, and the stack is consumed only then. So by the time you use your 2nd ability, this ICD is still not ready and that ability is not going to consume a stack. Observed it with Rage opener:

Force Leap + Enrage -> Raging burst -> Furious Strike -> Vicious Throw (War Bringer) -> Obliterate ->

Obliterate is not affected by Furious Power in that case... So I had to move Vicious Throw a bit further.

Force Leap + Enrage -> Raging burst -> Furious Strike -> Obliterate -> Vicious Throw (War Bringer) -> <here I can even use something like Sundering Strike, not consume a stack and save it for the next Furious Strike>

So yes, in your example Retaliation is not consuming a stack. But there is another problem with that opener. As you can see, you have Vicious Throw -> Ravage, so it's the same example as I just mentioned. But you do consume a 3rd stack with Ravage. Why? Well, because Ravage hits 3 times and you consume a stack on like 2nd or 3rd hit, I think. So, if you had something like

Enrage > Force Charge > Furious Power > Crushing Blow + Retaliation > Backhand > Vicious Throw (requires War Bringer utility) > Vicious Slash or any single hit melee attack,

you would probably consume only 2 stacks with that opener...

I kind of like the Vicious Throw part myself. It allows me to throw a trash weapon skill after Vicious Throw and not consume a stack, and then use it on a harder hitting skill (which, for example, just came off cooldown). But Retaliation in Immortal is always going to completely miss Furious Power, for better or worse.

Yeah... they either need to fix the ICD or have it put in the ability description (probably not the latter because giving detailed information isn't their forte).

Only other weird thing for me is that Backhand doesn't trigger it, then I saw Backhand is a "Force" ability... so is it like Force Slap? or they just being weird with the label?

I've yet to see this work on my jugg tbh - yesterday I was testing this, and saw no significant difference on the damage of my abilities when this is popped. Certainly not a 25% increase. I didnt' have time to parse and see if this was actually the case, but I'm not convinced this ability is even working at all.

I've yet to see this work on my jugg tbh - yesterday I was testing this, and saw no significant difference on the damage of my abilities when this is popped. Certainly not a 25% increase. I didnt' have time to parse and see if this was actually the case, but I'm not convinced this ability is even working at all.

The damage boost is definitely there.