Dark vs. Light Event Decorations

Korithras

Due to money and time constraints I was forced to take some time away from the game in previous years. I see there are these dark side and light side banners that were added during some dark vs. light event and are tied to achievements. Is this a recurring event that will come back eventually or was it a one time thing and oh well tough luck I missed out while I was on hiatus?

Due to money and time constraints I was forced to take some time away from the game in previous years. I see there are these dark side and light side banners that were added during some dark vs. light event and are tied to achievements. Is this a recurring event that will come back eventually or was it a one time thing and oh well tough luck I missed out while I was on hiatus?

So far it's a one-time event, but there were discussions at the time it ended, including words from BioWare saying that one thing they did (wiping the achievements after it was finished, which attracted some ... adverse comment) was part of them preparing to potentially rerun the event in the future. We've hear no more about that since then (later part of 2016).

Assuming that you mean the banners that match the ones that pop up on each fleet to indicate overall galactic alignment (like this one), the banners and the achievements that grant them aren't tied to the DvL event. When one alignment or the other is maxed out ("The [x] Side is victorious" message will pop up on your screen when that happens), world bosses spawn in semi-random locations on 10 different worlds. After having killed each of the bosses for an alignment, you'll receive the appropriate banner decorations as a reward.

Assuming that you mean the banners that match the ones that pop up on each fleet to indicate overall galactic alignment (like this one), the banners and the achievements that grant them aren't tied to the DvL event. When one alignment or the other is maxed out ("The [x] Side is victorious" message will pop up on your screen when that happens), world bosses spawn in semi-random locations on 10 different worlds. After having killed each of the bosses for an alignment, you'll receive the appropriate banner decorations as a reward.

Well considering the DVL started the whole Dark side vs Light... i would say they are tied. However those banners are granted by fighting and killing all the champions while one side is winning