New Content Next Month

irishtim

Tux does complain a lot but I think he just feels burnt which I can understand. Many guilds I know feel the same way.

Either way I'm sticking around for awhile. I will check out GW2 and I just got into the ARCHE AGE Beta CB5 which starts tommorow.

I'm really not burnt, I still enjoy the game quite a bit, despite the many shortcomings (I'm a Star Wars nurd), and I don't mean for it to all sound like "complaining" because I feel as if I have valid concerns I express. It's mostly concern over WHY people are leaving in droves. To me, it's obvious why...and sadly, no one person that I know left because of the sub fee...

Even you, who is so excited over the upcoming SSSP, admit you're leaving to check out GW2...what if you like it?! Will the SSSP make you return? What if the SSSP doesn't live up to your hype?! Will the existing content be enough for you to come back? Will SWTOR lose you as a defender of the game? What does it take to make someone like you stay HERE, in this game?! You have 2 new MMOs all lined up to play...and you're one of this games strongest proponents...that worries me.

Bottom line, this game needs quicker updates for sure - I'm ok with spacing them AFTER 1.4, but 1.4 has been promised and expected for far too long for it to be released in chunks.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm complaining about the speed with which the work Andryah. They seem to move at one pace...outrageously slow!!! They even move BACKWARDS with PvP content, removing Illum's quests and not replacing them with anything but big empty promise. Can you name ANY other MMO that had less PvP content 8 months after launch than at launch? Besides this game...is there another?

I think most people were expecting 1.4 weeks ago - I mean, we were told that after 1.2 that "We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting."...that was April 6th!!! We're 4 months past that promise of monthly updates...we need stuff to do!!! We need things that keep people engaged longer than the 60 min it takes to complete Denova HM once a week.

What I'd like is about 4 more WZ's, open world PvP incentive, scalable Operations that can be challenging, that don't have some 1980's era lockout timer and level 50 daily type quests on every flipping planet. I'm sick of losing players Andryah...apparently you aren't...but it bothers me.

Ignoring the lack of content this game has at 50, doesn't fool anyone. Spacing out the content to give the impression of 'more updates' doesn't fool anyone either...it's a gimmick and it's obvious.

TUX you have valid points and I understand your pain. I have lost a whole community from Bloodfin and a lot of them are off playing the SWG EM?U.

I see your point on you thinking it's a scam spacing content out instead of one big patch. But this is actually better for us in the long run. Maybe not good in the short term for us but better overall.

1.4 was to come out in AUG. I know this for a fact. I think they are wanting to launch the content after GW2 make sure it's polished as I do know Terror from Beyond is KICK ***. I think SWTOR is finding it's stride and Terror From Beyond shows it.

I do think Bioware/EA needs to lay it out for us what coming in the next 12 months. doesn't mean if they tell us what coming in the next 12 months they might push back 1-2 things but atleast let us know.

Bioware has to understand this secret stuff doesn't work with MMO's like it does with other games.

Wow.

Let me get this straight.

You want:

- 4 new Warzones. Most games with 3 times the Dev teams take 2 years to give toy TWO new Warzones (Battlegrounds).

- A complete redesign to how flashpoints work (scaling). Not to mention the problems that would come up in dungeon finder.

- With the new flashpoints/system, you want to remove a restriction that is there to specifically prevent burnout.

- New daily quests on all planets, in a game that is fully voiced. You knew this when you bought this game that everything is fully voiced, so logically creating new quests is a much longer turn time than the other game has.

Not only that you want it faster than every 2-3 months, which is about the standard turn time for large patches. You want 2.5 times the normal content for a large patch, but every 6 weeks? If you live in a world where all of this is feasible, please print me a platinum ticket for the unicorn trolly and I'll pack my +5 Heavy Fortified Brestplate and we'll party :rak_03:

Yeah, that sums it up nicely.

What games have 3 times the dev team?! Please name one...

I want this game to have what it should have had...content at 50, including open world PvP, multiple challenging FPs and Ops. MMOs are played mostly at level cap...this isn't some new revelation, it's been this way since MMOs were 1st released. People build a character, build an attachment to that character and then work to develop that character and want to play THAT character. Level cap content is crucial. This game needs enough to satiate moderate players.

Bioware has to understand this secret stuff doesn't work with MMO's like it does with other games.

They also need to know that 28 August besides being GW2 go live date is the date when pre-panda patch hits WoW (like all the other pre-expansion patches will have things to do in preparation for the Expansion).

Perhaps 1.4 will hit on 28Aug ( yeah I won't hold my breath or put any money on that date ... but I will put money on ....Soon!!(™) :D ).

I'm really not burnt, I still enjoy the game quite a bit, despite the many shortcomings (I'm a Star Wars nurd), and I don't mean for it to all sound like "complaining" because I feel as if I have valid concerns I express. It's mostly concern over WHY people are leaving in droves. To me, it's obvious why...and sadly, no one person that I know left because of the sub fee...

Even you, who is so excited over the upcoming SSSP, admit you're leaving to check out GW2...what if you like it?! Will the SSSP make you return? What if the SSSP doesn't live up to your hype?! Will the existing content be enough for you to come back? Will SWTOR lose you as a defender of the game? What does it take to make someone like you stay HERE, in this game?! You have 2 new MMOs all lined up to play...and you're one of this games strongest proponents...that worries me.

Bottom line, this game needs quicker updates for sure - I'm ok with spacing them AFTER 1.4, but 1.4 has been promised and expected for far too long for it to be released in chunks.

I'm not going no where just checking out GW2 nothing serious. Not even forming my guild playing with a another guild to keep the fun factor up.

The SSSP if I did leave would bring me back also open world pvp that's fun like DOAC with a little warhammer.(Not everything warhammer)

We will see though.

Who ever is running the show now as far as releasing information needs to step it up. This cloak and dagger stuff isn't working. A simple blog with the next 12-18 month plans would do a lot for the community. Sure a few things may be pushed back but it's a mmo that happens..

Communication needs to happen and not just about the crap we know about.

They also need to know that 28 August besides being GW2 go live date is the date when pre-panda patch hits WoW (like all the other pre-expansion patches will have things to do in preparation for the Expansion).

Perhaps 1.4 will hit on 28Aug ( yeah I won't hold my breath or put any money on that date ... but I will put money on ....Soon!!(™) :D ).

I'm sure they know and I'm sure from what heard it made the decision to push 1.4 into Sept easier as it was scheduled for Aug. They are hoping ( and it might work) GW2 hype machine will be wearing off by then and not only can they push Terror from Beyond out but all the other goods every few weeks. It's a gamble that may pay off or not.

My main gripe is the SSSP we should have had some info by now. At least an outline or even ask us what we want in a space game.

1.4 in september? I'll believe it when I see it. I'm just waiting for their update of its coming soon at the end of sept. I hope they bring up the PTR for this I don't want to relive the denova minefield patch all over again on a larger scale. I'm still wondering how they are going to finish up with nightmare EC without using the ptr...if it launches live and there are bugs its going to be another disaster...also if they do use PTR for it how are they going to have time to put it up on PTR, test it thouroughly, release it, then release 1.4 on PTR and test it out before it is supposed to go live by end of sept? I mean they would have to put it Nightmare Mode EC up on the PTR within the next week to fit the timetable and thats still a tight squeeze.

So the raiders get a new operation and the PvPers have to wait... okay. But do the raiders also get a new tier of gear, while the PvPers have to wait, or do we PvPers at least also get a new tier of gear next month?

I don't recall an announcement including new pvp gear, but nightmare ec and TFB will have new pve upgrades.

I don't recall an announcement including new pvp gear, but nightmare ec and TFB will have new pve upgrades.

I think the concern is that if you buff one, you need to buff the other to maintain the separation between PvE and PvP gear. If PvE gear becomes better for PvP, PvPers will throw a fit...and vice versa. I really don't agree with the gear gaps how they are, but it's how the game is designed. The best gear for PvP comes from PvPing, the best gear for PvE comes from PvEing...it's a fine line.

So the raiders get a new operation and the PvPers have to wait... okay. But do the raiders also get a new tier of gear, while the PvPers have to wait, or do we PvPers at least also get a new tier of gear next month?

You want more PVP gear grind? are you crazy? PVP is already Grind2Win as it is, forget about skill!

But I agree with your main concern, PVPers keep getting the shaft, I can't wait until they go F2P because it looks like my subscription money is going to raiding content alone. They said this was going to be a Story Driven MMO, not a Raiding Driven MMO or a Gear Driven MMO. Hello, Developers! MMOs can be more than the antiquated raiding gear progression endgame you keep pushing with every patch.

What I'd like to see is some form of solidified timeplan for the coming few months. Any chance we can see at least a glance of a more detailed content release schedule?

When can we start getting more information about the "Secret Space Project" - that thing really got my attention from the Guild Summit videocasts - is that scrapped or is it still in the making? Any chance of getting more than "Soon" on that one?

What I'd like to see is some form of solidified timeplan for the coming few months. Any chance we can see at least a glance of a more detailed content release schedule?

When can we start getting more information about the "Secret Space Project" - that thing really got my attention from the Guild Summit videocasts - is that scrapped or is it still in the making? Any chance of getting more than "Soon" on that one?

Read the Dev tracker, it is certainly not scrapped at all.

Hey everyone, just to be clear on what was said during the presentation - Terror from Beyond, a new Operation, is on its way next month, and we have more content updates coming after it, including the new Warzone and Space Combat Missions. We have lots of exciting new content coming!

Sounds good, keep it up.

Agreed. Splitting it up and spacing it out just to give the illusion of 'more frequent' updates, isn't exactly a winning strategy.

They've already been very clear with this, stating instead of big content/feature patches that we've been getting, we're going to get smaller updates more frequently.

I'm not talking about a few guild but a couple thousand players.. We actually was assigned by bioware to one server and we changed it last minute to The Fatman. You can thank us for the crazy ques at launch.

But back to the story.. I would say 85-90% of the Bloodfin players have left.

Couple thousand is a huuuge stretch dude lol. But honestly, was funny to see them go, I knew when Ilum tanked, most would not hang about. =)

Woah, ok this post is bigger than the last ones where i dropped news on the forum and has a dev post!!

Hey everyone, just to be clear on what was said during the presentation - Terror from Beyond, a new Operation, is on its way next month, and we have more content updates coming after it, including the new Warzone and Space Combat Missions. We have lots of exciting new content coming!

Have to say i'm pretty disappointed by this, i would have thought that since GW2 is coming this month Bioware would be putting a higher priority on PVP content (although i have less than 0 interest in the GW franchise), but at least it'll give raiders something else to do.

I have never really been interested in raids (i only ever ran 1 raid back in my WoW days) and wouldn't know the first place to start but i may have to reappropriate my sage to PVE just to give me something else to do while i wait for the new warzone. I do hope that the warzone comes very soon after the new op as i do like the PVP aspect in the game

Who ever is running the show now as far as releasing information needs to step it up. This cloak and dagger stuff isn't working. A simple blog with the next 12-18 month plans would do a lot for the community. Sure a few things may be pushed back but it's a mmo that happens..

Communication needs to happen and not just about the crap we know about.

But that's just it. They've stated their goals for what they want to accomplish in game by the year's end. If they give us approximate dates, and they're not met - which, is common and expected in MMO and game development, as a former producer for a game developer - then the community freaks out. Like they are now. We just got a new event and were informed of a new operation dropping, and people are complaining about it. 1.4 is late and all they get is a world event and an operation.

I am a strong proponent of this game -- and I agree, the content is sorely lacking. A month of raiding and you're full BiS with instances on farm, if you even have the motivation to log in. BUT, having worked in the industry, I also understand that these things take time. Further, that if a deadline is suggested, it will inevitably run over. It's not that they're not working hard enough, or that they don't care.. If you know anything of EA, you're surely familiar with the EA wife and the hours the industry keeps -- 80-90 hour workweeks are VERY common for developers and supporting staff, designers and producers, etc. It's the issue of nailing mechanics, getting the art right, making sure the sound is done properly, and then after working out the bugs with that and bringing it all together, testing it thoroughly with the QA department. Reporting and fixing bugs. Some are quick fixes, some require going through code with a fine toothed comb to find out what the hell is breaking the code. Then figuring out how to fix it. The issues and bugs aren't always clear or logical. Finding them is one thing, fixing them another.

It's like this; You can either have a ton of content, but have to wait a much longer time for it, or you get bits of content, an instance here, a raid there, new quests, PvP arenas, etc. one at a time, in a shorter amount of time (months vs. years). They're not blowing us off, I think 1.4 simply is taking longer than expected. So they're shipping what's finished as soon as they can because they realize that we need content, as soon as possible.

Point being, if they give us "dates" - as much as I want them myself - we will hold them to it. Despite our promises not to. And things often take longer than planned in this industry. When it doesn't pan out, let's be honest, people will flip out. This community has been exceedingly critical from the beginning -- nothing comes or goes without waves of complaints. We want new content, and hate having to wait. We get new content, and it isn't enough. Or we hate it. I feel for BW because they can do no right in the eyes of the most vocal part of the community. Giving expected dates could possibly make that worse.

I'm glad they're pushing content, in spite of recent internal upheaval at Bioware offices, rather than waiting and bundling it all together for 1.4. Although, without that bundle of "tons of new things!" people will feel they're not getting content as it's spread out.

Yes, they should have taken more time to have more content on launch. No, they shouldn't have opened as many servers as soon as they did. Yes, they were missing a lot of expected in-game features. But I'm glad they seem to be doing their best to listen, to pull it together and save this game.

Point being, if they give us "dates" - as much as I want them myself - we will hold them to it. Despite our promises not to. And things often take longer than planned in this industry. When it doesn't pan out, let's be honest, people will flip out. This community has been exceedingly critical from the beginning -- nothing comes or goes without waves of complaints. We want new content, and hate having to wait. We get new content, and it isn't enough. Or we hate it. I feel for BW because they can do no right in the eyes of the most vocal part of the community. Giving expected dates could possibly make that worse.

WRONG!!!!

Were you here for 1.2?! Lemme give you some background on it...they sold update 1.2 as the update that they'd introduce ranked warzones - they had it featured in videos and everything. THAT was the big selling point in 1.2 for some subscribers.

The DAY OF 1.2's launch, they pulled it. Some people complained, but the vast majority defended Bioware for pulling it, saying "it's better to have it late than wrong". That's all we were told that day. A few days passed and people continued to defend Bioware, despite their silence. Days of silence became a week...a week became two, two weeks became a month and we still hadn't heard ONE peep as to why it was pulled or when to expect it. I'd say that at the 1 month mark, people were starting to switch from 'acceptance' to a feeling of 'neglect'. I don't think we heard ANYTHING about why they were pulled for 2 months afterwards.

Don't say that online communities aren't forgiving and understanding...the thousands of people who post here were overwhelmingly accepting of the massive delay. It's when the delays happen without any word as to why and when it could be expected that communities turn. Ignoring your customers, like Bioware did, is why people turned...NOT because they were late with ranked wz's!!!

Seriously - how can people skimp on the details, and report such miserably inaccurate information?

Can we get a Dev response to confirm if this is true or not?

In the presentation what was actually said was : New raid next month. New WZ and Space mission "SOON THERE AFTER", i.e. not next month, or at least, certainly not at the same time.

I don't know how much more legit it can get considering it came from EA's press conference at Gamescom....

I think the concern is that if you buff one, you need to buff the other to maintain the separation between PvE and PvP gear. If PvE gear becomes better for PvP, PvPers will throw a fit...and vice versa. I really don't agree with the gear gaps how they are, but it's how the game is designed. The best gear for PvP comes from PvPing, the best gear for PvE comes from PvEing...it's a fine line.

Would you say that full Black Hole/Campaign gear is better than War Hero for PvP?

Would you say that it is better than Battlemaster for PvP?

My opinion is no. Expertise is significant enough that a full Battlemaster-geared player will outmatch a full Campaign-geared player in PvP. And a full War Hero player would dominate.

So if the new operation gives the next grade of gear (level 63 according to data mining) I have a hard time believing it would outmatch War Hero.