Security Key Issue

Joe_Thunder

My Ipod crashed 2 days ago, I had to remove the Security Key to be able to log in the game. For some reason, the Ipod is back and running, when I tried to reactivate the Security Key option, I was given a new serial number, problem is that I still have the old serial number locked on my Ipod and I cannot change it. I am able to get a Security number but the game wont take it.

Question: If I send you the serial number of my Ipod, would you be able to reactivate it?

Thank you for your time,

~ Joe Thunder

Question: If I send you the serial number of my Ipod, would you be able to reactivate it?

Sure, you can send me the serial number of your ipod. ./insert evil laugh

The forums are pretty much player driven with little to no actual staff involvement. Normally I would suggest opening an ingame ticket but 1) considering now is right after a patch, they'll probably just dump the ticket and send you back a copy and paste that doesn't answer the question and 2) it's an account issue, you're going to have to call them:

https://help.ea.com/en/article/swtor-support/

Having said all that, may I suggest removing the security app, doing a reboot of the device and reinstalling the app? May work. I haven't tried it so not sure. A search of the forums finds me just lots of threads about putting the app on 2 devices...

Good luck

Check the clock on the ipad and make sure the date and time are both correct. I left mine with a dead battery, and apparently was dead for so long it reset both of those and the security key wouldn't take the code until I changed it back to the correct date/time.

Check the clock on the ipad and make sure the date and time are both correct. I left mine with a dead battery, and apparently was dead for so long it reset both of those and the security key wouldn't take the code until I changed it back to the correct date/time.

Yes, that too. I discovered that this appears to be an issue now. Normally the (whatever standard governs this) method allows for some drift but it appears swtor no longer allows it.