Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Intergalactic Strike Day?

havokhead
05.22.2014 , 04:35 PM | #11
Hahaha, I was just gonna suggest "no bomber" weekends on Ebon Hawk myself

- J'exx (Republic Pilot/Ebon Hawk)

havokhead
05.22.2014 , 04:41 PM | #12
Hahaha, I was just gonna suggest "no bomber" weekends on Ebon Hawk myself

- J'exx (Republic Pilot/Ebon Hawk)

Altheran
05.22.2014 , 04:42 PM | #13
If I'd not have to master ships, every day would be strike day for me.

Kalphitis
05.22.2014 , 05:00 PM | #14
Would be fun in Deathmatch. Would be lame as hell in Domination.

Nemarus
05.22.2014 , 05:06 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Hanak View Post
I'm sure I can get Saberwing in on this! I think calling it 'Strike Night' has a ring to it (since most of us play at that time anyways).

Suggestions on a day?
I feel like Monday and Tuesday evenings are heaviest, at least on The Ebon Hawk. Usually people trying to cram in matches to finish the weekly on Monday, or get a head start on it on Tuesday.

That being said, there are probably more newbies on Tuesday when the weekly becomes available, and they'd be hard to rope into participation.

So I'd propose Monday, 5pm to 1am EST.
Shayd / Callem / RK-4X / "Trynt" - Leader of <Eclipse Squadron>, The Ebon Hawk
http://EclipseSquadron.enjin.com Imperial GSF-focused guild

"Serve the Emperor above all others."

Ryuku-sama
05.22.2014 , 05:55 PM | #16
I'd say non-optimal ship day... So Nova, Spear, Rycer, Pike and Clarion.... No FOTM build, No Sheep, No Bomber...
"If it wasn't broken, we shall break it. If it is balanced, we shall beat it until slow and painful death follows. If it is overpowered, it is working as intended." - Bioware 2015

Nemarus
05.22.2014 , 06:09 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Ryuku-sama View Post
I'd say non-optimal ship day... So Nova, Spear, Rycer, Pike and Clarion.... No FOTM build, No Sheep, No Bomber...
T1 Scouts can be pretty devastating, especially if there are no Gunships or Bombers to slow them down.

I think I'd still do pretty well in my Blackbolt... at least in TDM, especially if my prey are all Strikes.

The point (at least of my original suggestion) is not to make debatable calls about what ships are or are not optimal. My goal is to shoot for a particular pace of play and range of engagement that will hew most closely to the nostalgic LucasArts games of old. Strikes fit that bill, and there's no standing for anyone to judge or debate a decision to just run "Strikes only". If we start picking and choosing from other classes, then things get a lot more complicated, and participation will likely be much lower.

For example, I think certain Bombers and Gunships that opt for all torpedos (without mines or railguns) would probably get along fine in a group of Strikes, but at that point you're micromanaging what builds are allowed.

It's easier to just say, "Strikes only".
Shayd / Callem / RK-4X / "Trynt" - Leader of <Eclipse Squadron>, The Ebon Hawk
http://EclipseSquadron.enjin.com Imperial GSF-focused guild

"Serve the Emperor above all others."

Ryuku-sama
05.22.2014 , 06:10 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Nemarus View Post
T1 Scouts can be pretty devastating, especially if there are no Gunships or Bombers to slow them down.

I think I'd still do pretty well in my Blackbolt... at least in TDM, especially if my prey are all Strikes.

The point (at least of my original suggestion) is not to make debatable calls about what ships are or are not optimal. My goal is to shoot for a particular pace of play and range of engagement that will hew most closely to the nostalgic LucasArts games of old. Strikes fit that bill, and there's no standing for anyone to judge or debate a decision to just run "Strikes only". If we start picking and choosing from other classes, then things get a lot more complicated, and participation will likely be much lower.
SHHHHHHHHH you had to say yes...
"If it wasn't broken, we shall break it. If it is balanced, we shall beat it until slow and painful death follows. If it is overpowered, it is working as intended." - Bioware 2015

SammyGStatus
05.22.2014 , 06:19 PM | #19
My guild and myself would definitely be down
Renegade-One / Leggogurl / Aimbot / Even'ess / Status

Ryuku-sama
05.22.2014 , 06:37 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by SammyGStatus View Post
My guild and myself would definitely be down
I would get to see the great Bot the COmputer out his Gunsheep!!!! I'm down.. Hunting Aimbot in my striker will be my fun in this day