Is there a way to contain the cursor within the circle?

Hammerwean

There's no ingame solution it seems. However, the last time this was brought up, there was a link to a program that can limit where the mouse can be, togglable either by active application or hotkey. This can constrain the mouse cursor to the SWTOR window.

I don't have the link, sorry.

Well thats pretty huge issue for SWTOR, cause whenever my cursor leaves the game area (yes - even in fullscreen!!) and i click it, the game will minimize during the battle >.<

How could dev not notice this giant problem?

I've been playing GSF for a month now, and I can honestly say I've never encountered this problem at all. In fact, it's the first I've ever heard of it.

Omg... this is just fubar... this cursor going beyond the fullscreen application combined with this awkward idea of moving mouse beyond the freaking controll circle (for what bloody reason??) makes "starfighter" matches irritating bloody mess. Especially for people who played some well made mouse-controll flight games like War Thunder.

Omg... this is just fubar... this cursor going beyond the fullscreen application combined with this awkward idea of moving mouse beyond the freaking controll circle (for what bloody reason??) makes "starfighter" matches irritating bloody mess. Especially for people who played some well made mouse-controll flight games like War Thunder.

and you thought it might be valuable input to the thread that you have never seen things? Who the hell cares what you have seen or not?

There's no ingame solution it seems. However, the last time this was brought up, there was a link to a program that can limit where the mouse can be, togglable either by active application or hotkey. This can constrain the mouse cursor to the SWTOR window.

I don't have the link, sorry.

And using that program can and will get your account banned.

Come on Bioware, your programmers cant be THAT bad! This game is unplayable if someone have 2 monitors, and barely playable even on 1 i guess... Go play some War Thunder and see how to do proper mouse controll in flight game... Your controll is absolutely horrible and i already regret buying the game. The red arrows around the circle should have range indicator (so you can *********** figure out what is shooting at you - swarm of red arrows in all directions doesnt tell you ****), the map should be more zoomed in, mouse should not leave the controll circle (cause there is absolutely no need for it other than to irritate players with nonsense) and for sure shouldnt leave the *********** game window in fullscreen leaving player with unmanueverable ship on top of all-time awkward controlls. **** it, you should have said its alpha or something. The whole controll concept should be thrown into trash bin and you should revamp it. There is already working model on the market, but yet you had to reinvent the wheel and **** this up.

I dont even see laser beams passing me by when some of them are hitting me so i cant figure where is the enemy shooting at me. The sounds are messed and i hear laser cannons sounds like if they would be near me when someone is shooting from a far... Should i continue telling you how ****ed this whole starfighter is?

Edited by Hammerwean

Come on Bioware, your programmers cant be THAT bad! This game is unplayable if someone have 2 monitors, and barely playable even on 1 i guess

I got space ace last night with two monitors. Your argument is invalid.

The red arrows around the circle should have range indicator (so you can *********** figure out what is shooting at you - swarm of red arrows in all directions doesnt tell you ****)

There are range indicators below the shield and hull bars. Your argument is invalid.

the map should be more zoomed in

There's no reason to use the map at all unless you're trying to figure out how many people are where, which would be impossible if it were zoomed in. Your argument is invalid.

mouse should not leave the controll circle (cause there is absolutely no need for it other than to irritate players with nonsense)

Moving the cursor farther from the center makes you turn faster. This reaches a maximum outside the firing arc indicators. Your argument is invalid.

and for sure shouldnt leave the *********** game window in fullscreen leaving player with unmanueverable ship on top of all-time awkward controlls.

You shouldn't be using fullscreen on two monitors when fullscreen windowed is specifically designed for this situation. Your argument is invalid.

**** it, you should have said its alpha or something.

"Early access" means this is a glorified beta. Your argument is invalid.

I dont even see laser beams passing me by when some of them are hitting me so i cant figure where is the enemy shooting at me.

The R and C keys let you do exactly this. Your argument is invalid.

Edited by Armonddd

Come on Bioware, your programmers cant be THAT bad! This game is unplayable if someone have 2 monitors, and barely playable even on 1 i guess... Go play some War Thunder and see how to do proper mouse controll in flight game... Your controll is absolutely horrible and i already regret buying the game. The red arrows around the circle should have range indicator (so you can *********** figure out what is shooting at you - swarm of red arrows in all directions doesnt tell you ****), the map should be more zoomed in, mouse should not leave the controll circle (cause there is absolutely no need for it other than to irritate players with nonsense) and for sure shouldnt leave the *********** game window in fullscreen leaving player with unmanueverable ship on top of all-time awkward controlls. **** it, you should have said its alpha or something. The whole controll concept should be thrown into trash bin and you should revamp it. There is already working model on the market, but yet you had to reinvent the wheel and **** this up.

I dont even see laser beams passing me by when some of them are hitting me so i cant figure where is the enemy shooting at me. The sounds are messed and i hear laser cannons sounds like if they would be near me when someone is shooting from a far... Should i continue telling you how ****ed this whole starfighter is?

Wow, I actually think the GSF controls are fine. A few things may need to be introduced and tweaked to make it more fun but I have enjoyed it so far. IMO, the devs didn't do bad job at all for developing a fighter combat game that's not meant to be stand alone.