7 Degrees of Separation, SWTOR Style

Mutive

So, I'm bored and figured I'd try to connect class storylines. Anyone else want to play?

I'll start with the degrees of separation that I can come up with:

Jedi Knight to Imperial Agent:

Jedi Knight's companion Doc (also female love interest) was once partners/lovers with Kaliyo, one of imperial agent's companions (and love interests). Kaliyo make a cameo in Doc's companion quest.

Imperial agent to smuggler:

A member of the Star Cabal (the organization that the imperial agent takes down) is Nok Draden. Nok Draden is the father of Risha, one of the smuggler's companions. (And a potential love interest for male smugglers.)

Smuggler to sith warrior:

Risha was raised with Vette, sith warrior's first companion and a potential male love interest.

That's where my brain runs out. Any more? I suspect that we can get all the classes in here....

Jedi Consular to Bounty Hunter:

Qyzen Fess was previously part of Braden's team before being replaced with the Bounty Hunter

I remember a conversation between my consular and the companion about this but it was back in january before i deleted the consular.

Jedi Knight to Imperial Agent:

Jedi Knight's companion Doc (also female love interest) was once partners/lovers with Kaliyo, one of imperial agent's companions (and love interests). Kaliyo make a cameo in Doc's companion quest.

My reaction when I read that was something like this:

http://i.imgur.com/YJwO3.png?1

Seriously Doc? Her?

Sith Warrior to Sith Inquisitor

Both meet with the Dark Council. On the Sith Warrior, you see Darth Thanaton sitting on his seat, on the Sith Inquisitor, you meet Darth Vowrawn.

Imperial Agent to Jedi Consular

On Balmorra, the Agent is tasked with taking out an enemy resistance cell led by Grey Star. As it so happens, Grey Star was a friend and trainer of Jedi Consular companion Zenith.

Imperial Agent to Sith Warrior/Sith Inquisitor

On Corellia, you hear about how Imperial forces are being divided, due to the Sith power plays of Baras, Vowrawn and Thanaton, making your job significantly harder.

Imperial Agent to Jedi Knight

As a Hand of Jadus, you are tasked with finding out the Emperor's plans on Hoth. To do so, you search the bodies of the Imperial Guards, killed by the Jedi Knight on Hoth.

Sith Inquisitor to Jedi Knight

On Taris, you are tasked with corrupting a Jedi Padawan Ashara Zavros. The Sith holocron you use to corrupt her is from Darth Angral, antagonist from the Jedi Knight's Chapter 1.

Sith Warrior to Trooper

Lieutenant Pierce is planning an assault on the Corellian fort called the Bastion for General Rakton. Bastion is the fort you assault as a Trooper in order to capture said General Rakton.

Edited by Harlequintwo

I'm kind of confused about the sequence of which story happens when, or if BW actually checked all of this for consistency? Are we supposed to assume every story is true, because it seems like they were all designed to fit together, with the main departures being the time shift on Balmorra and Taris between the factions? Edited by jgelling

My reaction when I read that was something like this:

http://i.imgur.com/YJwO3.png?1

Seriously Doc? Her?

i can totally see it, though. Just like Lokin appears to magically know everyone, Kaliyo has hooked up with everyone, had it sour, then tried to kill them. I would be entirely unsurprised to learn that she's hooked up with every other companion in the game. (Or at least the ones who live on the edge. Seriously, Kaliyo and Risha would not surprise me in the least.)

I'm kind of confused about the sequence of which story happens when, or if BW actually checked all of this for consistency? Are we supposed to assume every story is true, because it seems like they were all designed to fit together, with the main departures being the time shift on Balmorra and Taris between the factions?

I think that all stories are supposed to happen approximately simultaneously. (Which makes legacy a bit lulzy as...yeah, whoever I put as one character's kids almost certainly are *not* living out their story 30 years later.) But, yeah, I think the assumption is that all stories are "canon", and fitting together. Balmorra/Taris happen later for one faction than another, as they're at higher levels. (So if you're Imperial, Balmorra happens in, say, year 1, while Taris happens in year 2, and vice versa for Republic characters.) Which is why Taris is lost to the Republic and Balmorra is lost to the Empire. End game, I suppose, takes place post-Corellia, once the war is in full swing.

But in all stories, it seems to go from an uneasy peace in Act 1, to building tensions in Act 2, to a full out war in Act 3.

Sith Warrior to Sith Inquisitor

Imperial Agent to Sith Warrior/Sith Inquisitor

On Corellia, you hear about how Imperial forces are being divided, due to the Sith power plays of Baras, Vowrawn and Thanaton, making your job significantly harder.

If we use this as a connection, we can also get imperial agent to trooper

as on Corellia, you also hear complaints about General Garza (the trooper's mentor/CO) and her protegee.

Hylo Visz to Jedi Consular

1. Hylo Visz's partner and possibly former love interest is Tyresius Lokai.

2. Tyresius was hunted down by the Bounty Hunter as part of the Great Hunt, after being captured he changed his name to Gault and became one of the Bounty Hunter's companions.

3. Mako is one of the bounty hunter's companions.

4. Mako was adopted by/worked with Braden, a retired Bounty Hunter.

5. One of Braden's former associates was Qyzen Fess.

6. Qyzen Fess is one of the companions of the Jedi Counsular.

Edited by clintcasey

Ok wow...this is amazing! :eek:

I've never thought about some of those connections before but, they all make perfect sense.

However, something seems to be missing...how does this all tie into Kevin Bacon?

:D

I'm not sure, but I bet someone could do it, given enough time/effort. ;)

Don't forget Sith Warrior to Jedi Knight, at the very end of Act 3.

In letters from the Emperor's Hand after you defeat Baras, they mention the death of the "emperor," as killed by the Jedi Knight. It turned out that this "emperor" was really the true Voice of the Emperor, proving Baras officially wrong.

Also, the Jedi Consluar to the Trooper...

I remember that Lieutenant Iresso talked about being stationed on Ord Mantell and reporting directly to Aric Jorgan, saying he was arrogant and full of hot air and spewing stupid orders.

how does this all tie into Kevin Bacon? :D

Visit the Oracle of Bacon and input "Jennifer Hale". It will all become clear.

Edit: It also works with Jamie Glover, which has started me wondering if every voice actor in SWTOR can be linked to Kevin Bacon, but I'm too lazy to test the theory.

Cool thread, by the way. It's amazing to see the links between character classes and the level of attention by the writers.

Edited by DarthRobert
Additional comment

Jedi Consular to Bounty Hunter:

Qyzen Fess was previously part of Braden's team before being replaced with the Bounty Hunter

I remember a conversation between my consular and the companion about this but it was back in january before i deleted the consular.

My JC just had that convo with that companion (it's late in the affection tree)

Having a conversation with tiny Mako on the holo projector was adorable!

which made me go "Awww!" and make me want to go play my BH again. Poor guy is languishing on DK wondering where I got to.

I believe on Taris the Agent shows up following the same virus that the Trooper was chasing down.

Imperial Agent to Jedi Knight

As a Hand of Jadus, you are tasked with finding out the Emperor's plans on Hoth. To do so, you search the bodies of the Imperial Guards, killed by the Jedi Knight on Hoth.

Just did that part on Knight, Agent was first char back in december so musta missed that. Thanks! :D

i LOVED the kaliyo part in the knight story though, just loved it. Was hoping she'd say yes to Doc's 3way invitation but she said no v.v

Edited by Lithy