"Quick Play" error message

CommunityTeam

No, I'm not keen on downloading all of it again. It's become a habit to delete the folder and wait for some time. Every few days I try without deleting it just to see if it's been fixed. I'm curious to see how long it takes them to fix such a fundamental thing as to START the game.

There is a simpler work around.

Find your swtor launcher.exe file and right click on it. Then turn on compatibility mode and set it to Windows XP SP3 and click save.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it is still there. Tried to log in this afternoon and found that same message looking back at me. Got my hopes up for nothings back to my books for i get the feeling that X amounts of weeks later it might get fixed. Back to deleting bit raider folder and re-downloading it every time i hope to play.

Yes, it is still there. Tried to log in this afternoon and found that same message looking back at me. Got my hopes up for nothings back to my books for i get the feeling that X amounts of weeks later it might get fixed. Back to deleting bit raider folder and re-downloading it every time i hope to play.

This seems to be the fix for it at the moment

There is a simpler work around.

Find your swtor launcher.exe file and right click on it,p. Then turn on compatibility mode and set it to Windows XP SP3 and click save.

Ah, good old Windows xp SP 3 compatibility mode. Much better then having to wait for that Folder to re download every time. Had my 650 page History all ready to go. Still going to read the book but now with some lightsabors on the side.

I don’t understand why people keep doing this?

There are now numerous threads and posts by Owen and now myself and others on how to fix the problem without doing this.

Literally two posts above yours is one from me telling you not to do this :rolleyes:

I don’t understand why people keep doing this?

There are now numerous threads and posts by Owen and now myself and others on how to fix the problem without doing this.

Literally two posts above yours is one from me telling you not to do this :rolleyes:

People don't listen, they read something, assmune something different from it, and go off on a rant...lol

Edited by DarkTergon

Today it doesn't work by deleting the BitRaider folder and let the game repair itself. Tried three times without success. I guess I have to try one of the workarounds, after all.

As has been repeatedly stated, just deleting the bitraider folder DOES NOT WORK. You have 2 options:

Solution 1 (keeps bitraider but stops quick play sitting at 0%):

Set compatibility mode on the game shortcut to Windows XP Service Pack 3 to resolve the 0% issue

Solution 2 (removes bitraider entirely but results in a no-bitraider-reinstall):

and still no mention from BW directly referencing the steps necessary to disable the bitraider system in the launcher and bypass its issue so that solution route is not lost in pages of responses, and players thus affected can get back to the game

NOTE: the process requires re-downloading the entire game

Con: wasted time re-downloading the data files

- tip: don't watch the pot boil /download. Find something else to do for the Hour+ it will take to reinstall itself.

Pro: you can play again without further issue

For reference (again), that link is:

EA \ Answer HQ English \ Games \ STAR WARS™ \ STAR WARS™: The Old Republic™ \ Troubleshooting Guides & Info \ [Guide] How to Switch to Non-Streaming Launcher

Bonus Note: If you followed the above guide, bitraider is now useless and can be uninstalled.

This is not required, it just frees up now useless and orphaned files that would otherwise remain until the end of time (or at least the end of that comp)

- if you try to uninstall bitraider without deleting the folder listed below, it will fail with a false error that it is stil required for SWTOR

First, navigate to C:\Users\Public\Documents and delete the BitRaider folder

now you will be able to uninstall bitraider from the OS installed programs list without error

I used solution 2. I'd been meaning to get rid of bitraider for a while but none of the older solutions worked so I just left it. The "Quick Play" crap forced me to sort it out.

I run the exe in compatility mode with WinXP. Does this 'interfere' anything with graphics? As in reducing the graphics quality in some sort? I have Windows 10 and a nVidia Geforce 1050. Edited by Miffypiffy
More info added.

No. It shouldn't affect that at all.

I've mine in wins xp sp 3 compatibility, and I play on full, everything. Hasn't changed anything.

Go back and read some of this thread. It tells you how by using the Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode.

Works for other issues too, most recently my own, where it was freezing at char select.

I've mine in wins xp sp 3 compatibility, and I play on full, everything. Hasn't changed anything.

Works for other issues too, most recently my own, where it was freezing at char select.

Blame the issues on what ever they’ve done with changing things for steam. Before they started mucking around with it, we didn’t have these issues.

• 3 weeks later...
I have this issue right now aswell:( what the hell is wrong with this thing? Still no fix for this? Edit: ( Sorry I panicked never happen to me before but 2 pages before doing "Set compatibility mode on the game shortcut to Windows XP Service Pack 3" Indeed worked for me, Thank You) I'll let you know if anything changes for me personally Edited by DarthVoyevoda

Beyond broken at this point. nuked the bitraider version, realized it will take 8-12 hours to download via the old way because the download server has no bandwidth, can't get bitraider working again, the launcher will not revert back to ST even with a complete clean install of SWTOR, something in the registry is preventing the streaming client from ever working again?

• 2 months later...