It's A Thing: Old Sub Rewards

Now that Shroud of Memory can be purchased on the Cartel Market, and with it the HK-55 recruitment mission, how about putting up Shae Viszla as a cartel market companion with all the bells and whistles as the holocommunicator that current holders of Shae get? She is a powerful companion, and a core of the old SWTOR advertising. It is not like she is a super rare exclusive either, I see her left and right. What is wrong with having a few thousand more in circulation? Please consider this! Edited by GeneralGyro

It has been asked loads of times, and you'll see the usual for and against arguments. But in all of the posts I've seen, I don't think there has been any official response. With the Shroud chapter, there was some response. So until there is an actual response, I'd take it as a no. Disspointing I know, but keep putting the posts up, if enough people ask, and keep this post near the top, they might eventually listen.

Plus 1. I don't have her, and would like to. And I wouldn't mind jumping through the same hoops people originally had to do to get her. . I've been in groups where she's been used, and although people say she's the best DPS, I love the way she tanks.

Edited by DarkAnnmarie

It has been asked loads of times, and you'll see the usual for and against arguments. But in all of the posts I've seen, I don't think there has been any official response. With the Shroud chapter, there was some response. So until there is an actual response, I'd take it as a no. Disspointing I know, but keep putting the posts up, if enough people ask, and keep this post near the top, they might eventually listen.

Plus 1. I don't have her, and would like to. And I wouldn't mind jumping through the same hoops people originally had to do to get her. . I've been in groups where she's been used, and although people say she's the best DPS, I love the way she tanks.

I agree, I just think it's absurd !how they went about giving her away as a sub reward. Or any subscriber rewards in the last 7 years or so. In my honest opinion, these types of things should never be phased out, and instead have them as cycle rewards. Hit a 3 month checkpoint? Choose from x reward.

But putting the old rewards on the cartel market, is a fine stalemate.

Edited by GeneralGyro

I'd be fine with old sub rewards returning, or Bioware implementing a point-earning type of system where after a certain amount of months being subbed you can claim a reward, both old and new. But you'll also run into folks who treat these old rewards like a badge of honor and the mere idea of new or returning players being able to obtain that reward now sullies the value and 'original effort made' in their eyes. :rolleyes:

I'd be fine with old sub rewards returning, or Bioware implementing a point-earning type of system where after a certain amount of months being subbed you can claim a reward, both old and new. But you'll also run into folks who treat these old rewards like a badge of honor and the mere idea of new or returning players being able to obtain that reward now sullies the value and 'original effort made' in their eyes. :rolleyes:

Yep, paying a sub they'd have paid anyway or logging in. What a great badge of honor and hard work. /s

This particular reward I have no problem with but there are some I have problems with such as the Dark/Light Event rewards. That one we actually had to do things for to get the items, not just logging in and/or paying a sub. Edited by casirabit

This particular reward I have no problem with but there are some I have problems with such as the Dark/Light Event rewards. That one we actually had to do things for to get the items, not just logging in and/or paying a sub.

yes those are totally different. they actually required work and dedication and perseverance

yes those are totally different. they actually required work and dedication and perseverance

If they are to be released, then they should be for the same effort/price. Which will be hard with the DvL one, as there's no DvL event, and if they brought it back, it'd have to be changed anyway, as there is more content.

I'm not sure what the solution is, but the forum here is the idea place to bounce around a few ideas, as a possible 'what if.'...scenario

If they are to be released, then they should be for the same effort/price. Which will be hard with the DvL one, as there's no DvL event, and if they brought it back, it'd have to be changed anyway, as there is more content.

I'm not sure what the solution is, but the forum here is the idea place to bounce around a few ideas, as a possible 'what if.'...scenario

im talking about sub rewards not event rewards. event rewards require the perseverance.

Edited by GeneralGyro

I think a good idea someone in the forums came up with was essentially having subscriber rewards be tied to the amount of time you've subscribed rather than when, so essentially instead of subscribing at X of month Y to get the reward you'd subscribe Z amount of time, one month, two, they could figure out a tier system to show "loyalty" I guess.

I think a good idea someone in the forums came up with was essentially having subscriber rewards be tied to the amount of time you've subscribed rather than when, so essentially instead of subscribing at X of month Y to get the reward you'd subscribe Z amount of time, one month, two, they could figure out a tier system to show "loyalty" I guess.

That would really be an incredible step up in my opinion.

I saw the same idea and I've always thought it was a good one. It encourages longevity of subbing over dates, which would ultimately mean more consistency of subs. I have Shae and only rarely run with her, but she is good at dps.

I have zero issue with new/returning players getting anything. I can see the hesitation on earned rewards, but even with those I don't see the problem if the same, or similar effort must be put in to get the reward. It gives people goals to play toward. I love having those little personal goals, even beyond what the reward might be.

I saw the same idea and I've always thought it was a good one. It encourages longevity of subbing over dates, which would ultimately mean more consistency of subs.

I have zero issue with new/returning players getting anything. I can see the hesitation on earned rewards, but even with those I don't see the problem if the same, or similar effort must be put in to get the reward. It gives people goals to play toward

I like these points, and it would make me feel more valuable to them as a long time subscriber.

I know I've suggested this more than once. I've seen others suggest it as well. It just seems like it would be the most logical way to give sub rewards. Also, instead of getting a temporary boost in subs during the time of a specific reward it would encourage more consistent subscriptions.

If they don't want to give out specific rewards for x amount of time subbed they could instead give out "subscription tokens" or something similar that people could use at a specific vendor and then they could buy whatever they wanted from the vendor.

What they do now just makes no sense to me and I have no idea why they continue to do it.

But what about me?!

Why should you guys (who didn't qualify for Shae) get her, while I don't get the pre-order crystals or the crystals from the Razer promotion from 2011 (for which I didn't qualify)?

If you get Shae, I wantz those crystals! :mad:

Honestly this game needs to have more ways to retain subs and regain them. I used to be against the sub awards being reoffered but I can see the logic now.

I actually bought the HK-55 unlock and it was something that actually motivated me to re-sub last week. I was always sad that I missed out on it (barely), and the nostalgia kick was enough to get me to spring for a sub and the unlock.

One difference I will point out is that the HK-55 mission is a substantial piece of fun content, is funny in the way Bioware used to be good at, and also gets you Z0-0M. Shae was literally just a walkup. Not just in comparison, I mean literally - the entire unlock was walking up to Shae and unlocking her in convo. I am not saying this should make any difference; I am just guessing that might be why they offered it on the CM.

But what about me?!

Why should you guys (who didn't qualify for Shae) get her, while I don't get the pre-order crystals or the crystals from the Razer promotion from 2011 (for which I didn't qualify)?

Thats kind of the point the bit I quoted made right? If, rather than be subbed on XXX date it was be subbed for YYY months, the reward system would benefit people who subscribed for long periods of time, which i would think (idk im no expert here) would help BW/EA make money because maybe someone wants a cool reward for being a 6 month sub and they normally would have dropped at 5.

Edited by KendraP

But what about me?!

Those 2 crystals were tied to <<actual physical products>>, NOT just a little perk from subscribing on a particular month: Huge Difference.:rolleyes: And there's no way 1 of those companions is worth 1 crystal, never mind 2: the crystals are far rarer and worth way more.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Now, moving on to other posts that aren't so utterly delusional.

Edited by BlackSilverFire

Thats kind of the point the bit I quoted made right? If, rather than be subbed on XXX date it was be subbed for YYY months, the reward system would benefit people who subscribed for long periods of time, which i would think (idk im no expert here) would help BW/EA make money because maybe someone wants a cool reward for being a 6 month sub and they normally would have dropped at 5.

You're right; makes perfect sense, Kendra. Everquest 2 has such a "Veteran's Rewards" system that does just that (among other MMOs), and works pretty good. People subbed on lucky goody months overlooks people who sub much more often over time, but just missed the goody month (know mates who just missed the Nico vs Shae sub reward month by a day to a few days). Other than that, can just put companions on the CM with HK-55 and The Shroud.

Shae and Nico are in this game's opening cinematics, it's such a *cringe* move to keep them from players.

Edited by BlackSilverFire

Yep, paying a sub they'd have paid anyway or logging in. What a great badge of honor and hard work. /s

Thank you!

As someone who earned everything minus Shroud Of Memory, never understood how having your card charged was anything special.

Something like DvL, or HK-51, stuff you actually had to play or any of the events where you actually have to play for rewards. Sure, that I get.

I was paying and playing regardless of rewards.

And I liked the SWG reward system.

Edited by absolutetristan

Thank you!

As someone who earned everything minus Shroud Of Memory, never understood how having your card charged was anything special.

Something like DvL, or HK-51, stuff you actually had to play or any of the events where you actually have to play for rewards. Sure, that I get.

I was paying and playing regardless of rewards.

And I liked the SWG reward system.

One of the points were that some people didn't abandon ship while it was sinking, and stayed sub, to get shroud chapter.......Think about it, if you can :rolleyes: