[CLOS] Un employé le savait

Rackard

A disgruntled ex-employee of EA/Mythic by the nickname of EALouse recently revealed some nasty details of what’s going on inside the company and how it affects the games we play. He worked on Warhammer Online, but also has some insider information about Star Wars: The Old Republic.

According to him, the game will be a failure. Apparently the only decent thing about SWTOR are voiceovers, while the gameplay is definitely lacking.

And you know what they’re most proud of? This is the kicker. They are most proud of the sound. No seriously. Something like a 20Gig installation, and most of it is voiceover work. That’s the best they have. The rest of the game is a joke. EA knows it and so does George Lucas,they’re panicking , and so most of Mythic has already been cannibalized to work in Austin on it because they can’t keep pushing back launch.

Unfortunately there’s no way to verify his statement at this time, but does this really mean the game will suck? There’s still time until SWTOR is released, and much can and will change. There’s no way to tell how the game will look when it’s released, and we can all only hope it will be perfect. Considering how many recently released MMORPG games really were bad, I’m hoping the same will not happen to Star Wars, a game we all eagerly await.

Furthermore EA Louse mentioned that Star Wars: TOR cost more than $300 million! To put it in perspective, he mentioned James Cameron’s Avatar which cost about $280 million. As a comparison, some sources claim World of Warcraft development and upkeep costs to date are far less than $200 million. While the amount of money EA put into SWTOR is certainly admirable, I wonder if the game can actually be that bad in the end?

Considering how much money they put into SWTOR, I think it’ll be a decent game with a lot of players. Will it ever reach the numbers of WoW is hard to say, but I doubt it will be a “failure“.

What do you think?

Edited by CharlotteDubois

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think now. I play the game, and I have pleasure on it. I wait the six months delay to think anything seriously.

Pour le moment, je ne réfléchis pas. Je joue le jeu, et j'en ai du plaisir. J'attends le délai des six mois pour réfléchir sérieusement.

Edit : post corrigé à l'aide de Zetroll. ;)

Edited by Xhylette

I don't think now. I play the game, and I have pleasure on it. I wait the six months delay to think anything seriously.

Pour le moment, je ne pense pas. Je joue le jeu, et j'en ai du plaisir. J'attends le délai des six mois pour penser sérieusement.

Rooooh Xhyl' ! c'est quoi cette trad' !

"Think" = "réfléchir" dans ce contexte :p

A disgruntled ex-employee of EA/Mythic by the nickname of EALouse recently revealed some nasty details of what’s going on inside the company and how it affects the games we play. He worked on Warhammer Online, but also has some insider information about Star Wars: The Old Republic.

According to him, the game will be a failure. Apparently the only decent thing about SWTOR are voiceovers, while the gameplay is definitely lacking.

And you know what they’re most proud of? This is the kicker. They are most proud of the sound. No seriously. Something like a 20Gig installation, and most of it is voiceover work. That’s the best they have. The rest of the game is a joke. EA knows it and so does George Lucas,they’re panicking , and so most of Mythic has already been cannibalized to work in Austin on it because they can’t keep pushing back launch.

Unfortunately there’s no way to verify his statement at this time, but does this really mean the game will suck? There’s still time until SWTOR is released, and much can and will change. There’s no way to tell how the game will look when it’s released, and we can all only hope it will be perfect. Considering how many recently released MMORPG games really were bad, I’m hoping the same will not happen to Star Wars, a game we all eagerly await.

Furthermore EA Louse mentioned that Star Wars: TOR cost more than $300 million! To put it in perspective, he mentioned James Cameron’s Avatar which cost about $280 million. As a comparison, some sources claim World of Warcraft development and upkeep costs to date are far less than $200 million. While the amount of money EA put into SWTOR is certainly admirable, I wonder if the game can actually be that bad in the end?

Considering how much money they put into SWTOR, I think it’ll be a decent game with a lot of players. Will it ever reach the numbers of WoW is hard to say, but I doubt it will be a “failure“.

What do you think?

la source ? pas de source pas fiable.

et de plus tu risque des problème la. bref topic à fermer

Edited by Garrusvander

Texte connu qui a meme été traduit il y a quelques mois :) Il est 100% fiable.

Il n'a pas tord, le seul truc originial du jeu se sont les voix, le reste c'est du vu et revu malheureusement.

Un joueur qui a trés peu connu les MMO voir pas du tout sera satisfait, les autres ne le seront pas dans l'ensemble.

On sent poindre un fond de l'amertume du mec qui s'est fait virer quand même...

si c'est vrai car un post sans source ! n'est peu fiable, ensuite le mec ils c'est fait lourder ils essaient mais bon

Tiens, le petit kapo de service est de sortie, vite, vite, cachons ce qui ne va pas dans notre sens...

questqu'il y a tes pas content Mr Bean :D

Edited by Garrusvander

Rooooh Xhyl' ! c'est quoi cette trad' !

"Think" = "réfléchir" dans ce contexte :p

http://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english-french/think

si je puis me permettre...

a moins que tu aies voulu parler du deuxieme emploi de think.

Pour le reste, pas de source, propos rapportés d un mec viré et supputations pré-release.

C est clair par contre que le coté doublage a du representer une belle part du budget d autant qu il a fallu le faire en trois langues. De la a dire qu il n y a rien de plus... Pas d accord.

http://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english-french/think

si je puis me permettre...

a moins que tu aies voulu parler du deuxieme emploi de think.

Pour le reste, pas de source, propos rapportés d un mec viré et supputations pré-release.

C est clair par contre que le coté doublage a du representer une belle part du budget d autant qu il a fallu le faire en trois langues. De la a dire qu il n y a rien de plus... Pas d accord.

mais c'est pas crédible du tout. de toute façon ce topic seras cloturer car c'est limite de la diffamation envers bioware et EA

Edited by Garrusvander

Tant qu on franchis pas la limite rien n empeche les gens qui ke souhaitent de flirter avec...

Voila on vient d implementer un romance au forum...

c'est une première :D

ça reste de la diffamation car c'est une atteint sur la réputation d'une entreprise. en + les soit disant dire de cette personne on était dementi

ce texte est passé par ce forum en 2010 !!

A l'époque, il a été prouvé par a + b que c'était soit un fake soit un employé allègrement menteur qui venait de se faire virer.

En plus foutre un tel pavé sans source, c'est tout pour discréditer xd

Non non gwen, peut etre que sur jol ils l'ont prouvé, mais que les forums sérieux pas vraiment... le mec donnait beaucoup de détails sur le jeu, sur war, ea etc.

Comaeus donne l'exemple. il s'est fait ban de jol maintenant il a les boule donc il descend en flèche le forum. :D

Bref c'est de la diffamation et c'est interdit.

Edited by Garrusvander

Pourtant je dis la stricte vérité, sur jol les mecs débattent d'un truc entre fanboys (les autres sont ban), et quand le débat est fini c'est prouvé c'est terminé le premier qui en parle c'est le ban (vior banlife si le compte est récent).

Ca serait pas la première énormité qui ferait lieu-commun sur jol hein, à chaque release de jeu de toutes façons ils racontent n'importe quoi, quand t'as compris ça ensuite c'est bon.

Le soucis c'est même pas les utilisateurs dirons-nous, c'est qu'ils sont main dans la main avec les éditeurs, et parfois c'est tellement flagrant ;)

Depuis Aion je ne lis plus ce site, pour moi c'est comme jvc mais avec des meufs et une moyenne d'age plus grande.

Edited by Comaeus