BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

Dovahbrah

Why is this thread still open?

b/c Merc still has some glaring holes in its mechanics.

and b/c the mods here dont really ever close threads.

plus this one is actually pretty constructive and devoid of "wah nerf that" stuff. if they were to start closing threads on this forum, this would not even be close to the top of the list

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

electronet is a tech slow. long cooldown, but it will lock down an operative.

my #1 wish list item is still 60s base cooldown for tech override.

#2 would probably have to be getting back our 6% talented crit. w/ the nerf that is a logical change.

Don't forget Reserve Powercell. That talent is important too =X

Yep, those 2, and #3, a 2 pt talent to reduce eletronet cooldown by 15/30 secs.

God yes.

On our server nearly every team has atleast 1 merc/mando.

And the good ones get between 1000-1400dps every rwz.

Hmmm everyone on my server Po5 must be doing something seriously wrong, cause i rarely see any class do 1000dps. But this is just regs.

Or are you talking pve numbers here?

Edited by Bluntron

How about giving us back the pushback on stockstrike and keeping the mezz? That way people can't just use a slow to prevent the mezz from being useful. I assume the idea was: someone charges you, you stockstrike, he is mezz'd. Run one or two meters, and cast a GR/TM. Works if the opponent has sh|t-for-brains, but if the opponent spends a random slow, the mezz is a waste. You will not be able to run away from him and thereby cast a GR. You are forced to use insta-attacks or other cc/utility moves. So what is the point of the mezz? A combination of knockback+mezz on stockstrike would have fixed the mando/merc completely, IMO.

That and make adrenaline rush activate at 30-35% hp and heal you to 35-40%. And reduce it's cooldown. 3 bloody minutes on adrenaline rush? w00t?

Edited by Uggen

Anyone still complaining about commandos isnt current playing wz. There is no way. I barely play my gunnery mando now because its too easy. Not viable in pvp? Are you serious? I can't honesty take these forums seriously anymore...I melt everyone. I'm really sorry but if you have trouble with playing this class you are not good at pvp. Point blank. High burst a kb, root, electro net and hold the line...what else do you need? Stealth?

Anyone still complaining about commandos isnt current playing wz. There is no way. I barely play my gunnery mando now because its too easy. Not viable in pvp? Are you serious? I can't honesty take these forums seriously anymore...I melt everyone. I'm really sorry but if you have trouble with playing this class you are not good at pvp. Point blank. High burst a kb, root, electro net and hold the line...what else do you need? Stealth?

Ranked PvP. And the jury is still out on how we do in ranked.

As i said, it works fine in Ranked.

I'll wait until I satisfied with that myself, or hear from someone I trust whose main contribution to this thread hasn't been trolling.

You know, if it's all the same to you.

Buff mah healz they suck......

I think Combat Medic/Bodyguard is even more dependent on a guard than before but I've found success with it. Managed to break 1.5 million heals and I am still short about a few hundred Expertise (much less anywhere near min/max'd). I do hope that we don't end up as collateral damage -- it seems as though another 1.2-esque healing nerf is on the way and I hope we don't get gutted when I don't think we're the ones over-performing.

Edited by SpaniardInfinity

Yeah, I'm not sure what to make of CM healing.

I *love* having an awesome CM on my team like Donna or Ritzi, but there is no denying that sages and scoundrels can pull out much much more healing in total.

I know numbers aren't everything - I'm actually fairly satisfied with my damage output as a commando now, even though the smashers can still regularly break 1800dps because I know I'm mostly doing single target - but I feel like CMs could probably still use a boost to their healing output (or *gasp* sages/scoundrels could come down a bit).

Edited by Jherad

My burst sucks. Sustained could be arguably increased but that doesn't help with the amount of healing going around these days. I'm a lot harder to kill which is great. But with a limited number of strong attacks and the increased HP pools, everything goes on cooldown long before an opponent is dead. I find myself having to use sub-optimal attacks much more frequently.

I have been waiting for a day where I have a nice amount of time to play so I can switch to Arsenal and see if the hype is legit.

As i said, it works fine in Ranked.

Then you played bads. An enemy Arsenal/Gunnery is still easy to shut down by assigning you Jugg tank to get him. The Arsenal/Gunnery's output will fall by about 50% and the Jugg's output will be completely unaffected.

Right now Merc dps is at the exact same place it was circa 1.4. One Merc dps subclass is useless in pvp. One Merc dps subclass relies on weak opponents to be successful. The only difference is that the particular subclasses (Arsenal & Pyro) have switched places.

Right now Merc dps is at the exact same place it was circa 1.4. One Merc dps subclass is useless in pvp. One Merc dps subclass relies on weak opponents to be successful. The only difference is that the particular subclasses (Arsenal & Pyro) have switched places.

back on page one.

Then you played bads. An enemy Arsenal/Gunnery is still easy to shut down by assigning you Jugg tank to get him. The Arsenal/Gunnery's output will fall by about 50% and the Jugg's output will be completely unaffected.

If a tank is on the Merc he's likely too far away to guard his healer. That doesn't necessarily make the decision a bad one but nothing is truly free in this game. If losing 50% of a merc's DPS gets rid of one guard, there are definitely scenarios where I'll take that.

If a tank is on the Merc he's likely too far away to guard his healer. That doesn't necessarily make the decision a bad one but nothing is truly free in this game. If losing 50% of a merc's DPS gets rid of one guard, there are definitely scenarios where I'll take that.

There is that trade-off. But consider this - if the tank had spent his time taunting successfully 100% of the time, he'd only be cutting 30% of a single player's dps. This is cutting 50% of a single player's dps (in both cases I think we can assume the tank is skilled enough to get off his AoE taunt normally). You do lose the damage dispersion effect on your healer but....

...in practice the enemy Arsenal is usually in the rear enemy ranks. So when your tank goes to chase him, he is in the enemy midst which tends to draw enemy fire. Which is what you want. So additional damage mitigation usually occurs...

There is that trade-off. But consider this - if the tank had spent his time taunting successfully 100% of the time, he'd only be cutting 30% of a single player's dps. This is cutting 50% of a single player's dps (in both cases I think we can assume the tank is skilled enough to get off his AoE taunt normally). You do lose the damage dispersion effect on your healer but....

...in practice the enemy Arsenal is usually in the rear enemy ranks. So when your tank goes to chase him, he is in the enemy midst which tends to draw enemy fire. Which is what you want. So additional damage mitigation usually occurs...

People in the rear are usually ranged DPS, and they could just continue attacking the healer that is no longer guarded (I'm assuming your healer doesn't just run up there to ensure he still gets Guard, that'd be pretty suicidal). It's probably a net positive for the tank just because he probably shut down more DPS via interrupting than the value of his Guard normaly would get, but it's not free. There are times you definitely want to separate the tank and whoever he's guarding even if you have to give up some DPS, so this isn't an unconditionally positive move.

He doesn't have to be out of range for long. Leap to merc, push him into your group, leap back (via Guardian Leap/Intercede or your reset force leap). If the tank is a shadow or vanguard you don't even have to do that, just pull them.

He doesn't have to be out of range for long. Leap to merc, push him into your group, leap back (via Guardian Leap/Intercede or your reset force leap). If the tank is a shadow or vanguard you don't even have to do that, just pull them.

The only class that isn't vulnerable to that is a Sniper, and you'd probably be better off trying to grab a healer anyway. I'm sure the healers would prefer the Merc eat the grapple instead of themselves.