Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Nathema Story Line does not make any sense at all

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
The Nathema Story Line does not make any sense at all

Fallensouls
09.14.2018 , 10:34 PM | #21
[QUOTE=Kataret;9648338]I'll have to agree with others in the post in that you (OP) remembered plot points incorrectly, or you are simply trolling. Not trying to be harsh, but that's what it comes down to. If you really want to prove your points, find some video evidence on youtube.

For one thing I am not remembering anything incorrectly and secondly I dont appreciate being called a troll just because I believe the Nathema story was rushed and executed poorly. Also I may be in the minority here but I am not liking the direction that the story is taking going back and groveling to my former faction does not make my character feel powerful or line up With anything previous in the game. And I like my character being a Emperor , but now that they cut our balls off we dont have any power so that sucks. And to think I just resubbed for this garbage?

AS I also stated there are huge problems with the so called weakening of the alliance just because the fleet was destroyed the Alliance would not be weak. Case in point i already gave from our own history of pearl harbor. The United States had pushed ship building to a new standard and rushed out ships to replace the fleet. It did not take years for that to happen. SO forgive me if I think in the Star Wars universe they would have a technical superiority to us and be able to replace the Eternal Fleet in a reasonable amount of time not to be weakened for very long.
Lead, Follow, or Get Out of my way, before you die.

Sith-Viscera
09.14.2018 , 10:36 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Fallensouls View Post
Spoilers for those that have not finished this quest stop reading now:

This whole story line was poorly written and thought out. Theron Shan's whole story of going rouge was not fleshed out well and it has no real build up to the end.

But the absolute worst part is how you have them just want to give up and crawl back to the Empire or Republic? Are you kidding me?? You think America crawled back to Brittan for help after Japan blew the crap out of most of the American Fleet in Pearl Harbor? Nope, it made the Americans just want to fight that much harder and they ended up fighting 2 wars at the same time, when we took on the Germans at the same time. What the heck is up with them giving up? Zakkuul going independant ? for real? No way the Outlander would allow that because they could become a threat in the future. Again poorly written and thought out.

Obviously who ever wrote this does not know anything about history or politics at all. They still have Iokath technology, it would be easy for them to replace the fleet. Some body needs to hire some good writers, because BIoware story telling has gone into the trash bin lately.
This ALMOST reminds me of the scene in the Classic film "Animal House" Where The Late Great John Bluishi as Bluto gave his Big Speech, His history was a little messed up but had the right idea. lol But like i said this ALMOST Reminds me of that. Just in case you dont know the Film Click here. If any thing its great for a laugh. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7vtWB4owdE
Referral link, Use it, don't use it. It's what ever. But if you do, Thank You.
http://www.swtor.com/r/22Ct9G

FlameYOL
09.15.2018 , 08:09 AM | #23
For one thing I am not remembering anything incorrectly and secondly I dont appreciate being called a troll just because I believe the Nathema story was rushed and executed poorly. Also I may be in the minority here but I am not liking the direction that the story is taking going back and groveling to my former faction does not make my character feel powerful or line up With anything previous in the game. And I like my character being a Emperor , but now that they cut our balls off we dont have any power so that sucks. And to think I just resubbed for this garbage?
You are remembering things incorrectly, either that or you're trolling. And it was rushed, I agree, there are plotholes, I agree, but the Eternal Fleet's destruction is not one of them. And you're not groveling to your previous faction leader, you're both equals trying to take down a common enemy, you're still not part of the Empire/Republic yet. You're still the Eternal Alliance. Yeah, it sucks we don't have the Fleet, but the Fleet had to go otherwise there wouldn't be much of a war.

AS I also stated there are huge problems with the so called weakening of the alliance just because the fleet was destroyed the Alliance would not be weak. Case in point i already gave from our own history of pearl harbor. The United States had pushed ship building to a new standard and rushed out ships to replace the fleet. It did not take years for that to happen. SO forgive me if I think in the Star Wars universe they would have a technical superiority to us and be able to replace the Eternal Fleet in a reasonable amount of time not to be weakened for very long.
You got all of your Eternal Fleet destroyed, every. Single. Ship. On top of that most of the Alliance forces have left to re-join their previous faction, the codex entry you get after finishing Nathema explains that while the Alliance still maintain ships patrolling Wild Space and the Odessen base it lost the bulk of its forces. You're assuming we even have the resources to replace the Fleet, it doesn't work like that, the galaxy is going through the resource crisis and I very much doubt the Alliance in its current state is able to fully replace the Eternal Fleet just like that.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

Paulsutherland
09.15.2018 , 08:18 AM | #24
I don't doubt for a second Iokath has the capabilities to replace the Eternal Fleet. One of the god robots had her own fleet (Scyva - sp?) which she used to help us bring down Izax. Maybe we can just steal hers?

Grabbing a chair to control the new fleet would be easy enough, there are at least four in one area of Iokath alone.

Resource wise, the galaxy is pretty much ****ed at the moment. That said Iokath has several planetoid structures inside it, so maybe the resources for maintaining it are coming from there?

Fallensouls
09.15.2018 , 10:32 AM | #25
[QUOTE=FlameYOL;9648469]You are remembering things incorrectly, either that or you're trolling. And it was rushed, I agree, there are plotholes, I agree, but the Eternal Fleet's destruction is not one of them. And you're not groveling to your previous faction leader, you're both equals trying to take down a common enemy, you're still not part of the Empire/Republic yet. You're still the Eternal Alliance. Yeah, it sucks we don't have the Fleet, but the Fleet had to go otherwise there wouldn't be much of a war.

No you are the troll Ive seen how you and others harass people who have a different opinion than you do.You have not proven I am wrong. So your opinion is no more valid. Just because YOU want to return to the old stale Sith vs Jedi with a character that has progressed beyond those factions. That doesn't make sense, heck the whole blow up the eternal fleet instantly ( when the gravestone barely works half the time) and suddenly can destroy a whole fleet of ships, was a cop out for Bioware. If it would have happened over time battle after battle that would have been good story telling.. No this instantaneously extinct fleet and having to run back to the other factions like a punk story is crap.

And other people have opinions about this if you cant discuss in a friendly manner don't discuss anything with me. You calling me a troll is just your way of admitting you cant beat my arguments.

Fallensouls
09.15.2018 , 10:36 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by FlameYOL View Post

You got all of your Eternal Fleet destroyed, every. Single. Ship. On top of that most of the Alliance forces have left to re-join their previous faction, the codex entry you get after finishing Nathema explains that while the Alliance still maintain ships patrolling Wild Space and the Odessen base it lost the bulk of its forces. You're assuming we even have the resources to replace the Fleet, it doesn't work like that, the galaxy is going through the resource crisis and I very much doubt the Alliance in its current state is able to fully replace the Eternal Fleet just like that.
You know what I have not seen any of those codex on any of my characters so i have no idea about resources, but I will say this as many planets that are in the Eternal empire there is no way resources would be hard to find. I smell another bioware writers with out imagination cop out to make us have to crawl back to the previous factions like a punk. Im going by what was said in the story line and the whole thing smells like a dead rat. Are you even sure the codex states that the entire empire of hundreds of planets doesnt have any metals? because that would be nearly impossible. Also the IOKATH planet creates material with the massive power of the small star it has like the STAR FORGE did IT DOES NOT REQUIRE RESOURCES TO BUILD. And Im Sure the current Bioware writers are like Doh!! we didnt think of that ooooops.

So your whole arguments about lack of resources doesnt apply to IOKATH. So stop beating a dead horse.

ceryxp
09.15.2018 , 11:56 AM | #27
Maybe you're not a troll, but you're also not correct.

Codex --> Lore --> State of the Galaxy - Resource War
Spoiler

If you missed this one can you accept the possibility that you may have missed other codex entries? Or perhaps that you are misremembering other entries? Nothing in the entries about Iokath says anything about Iokath using the dwarf star it encompasses for resources, only energy, or that Iokath is capable of producing an endless supply of droids, let alone ships.

Codex --> Planets --> Iokath
Spoiler

Codex --> Lore --> Droids of Iokath
Spoiler

Self-perpetuating does not mean infinitely replicating.

You certainly seems that you missed this one about the state of the Alliance.

Codex --> Lore --> Alliance Update - State of the Galaxy
Spoiler
--------------------------------------------------
Click the link. You know you wanna. You'll get free stuff. - http://www.swtor.com/r/W9ZqZj

FlameYOL
09.15.2018 , 12:11 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Paulsutherland View Post
I don't doubt for a second Iokath has the capabilities to replace the Eternal Fleet. One of the god robots had her own fleet (Scyva - sp?) which she used to help us bring down Izax. Maybe we can just steal hers?

Grabbing a chair to control the new fleet would be easy enough, there are at least four in one area of Iokath alone.

Resource wise, the galaxy is pretty much ****ed at the moment. That said Iokath has several planetoid structures inside it, so maybe the resources for maintaining it are coming from there?
Well the whole operation was done before Nathema came around, but you do raise a good question about what happened to that fleet.

No you are the troll Ive seen how you and others harass people who have a different opinion than you do.You have not proven I am wrong. So your opinion is no more valid. Just because YOU want to return to the old stale Sith vs Jedi with a character that has progressed beyond those factions. That doesn't make sense, heck the whole blow up the eternal fleet instantly ( when the gravestone barely works half the time) and suddenly can destroy a whole fleet of ships, was a cop out for Bioware. If it would have happened over time battle after battle that would have been good story telling.. No this instantaneously extinct fleet and having to run back to the other factions like a punk story is crap.

And other people have opinions about this if you cant discuss in a friendly manner don't discuss anything with me. You calling me a troll is just your way of admitting you cant beat my arguments.
Fallen, you're the one who's acting in a rather unfriendly manner. I am not trolling you, merely pointing out aspects of the story you're objectively wrong about. You keep ignoring the resource crisis, just an example. So really take a read at the codex entries ceryxp put up, and many thanks for transcribing those entries here.

You know what I have not seen any of those codex on any of my characters so i have no idea about resources, but I will say this as many planets that are in the Eternal empire there is no way resources would be hard to find. I smell another bioware writers with out imagination cop out to make us have to crawl back to the previous factions like a punk. Im going by what was said in the story line and the whole thing smells like a dead rat. Are you even sure the codex states that the entire empire of hundreds of planets doesnt have any metals? because that would be nearly impossible. Also the IOKATH planet creates material with the massive power of the small star it has like the STAR FORGE did IT DOES NOT REQUIRE RESOURCES TO BUILD. And Im Sure the current Bioware writers are like Doh!! we didnt think of that ooooops.

So your whole arguments about lack of resources doesnt apply to IOKATH. So stop beating a dead horse.
Once again you ignore the codex entries. If you're going to keep ignoring those entries I'm not even going to bother replying really. Iokath is not the star forge, it uses its sun for energy, not resources, Iokath was buiilt by scrapping literally everything in that system, and nowhere is it stated that by taking energy it can produce fleets like the Star Forge.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

Fallensouls
09.15.2018 , 01:20 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by FlameYOL View Post

Once again you ignore the codex entries. If you're going to keep ignoring those entries I'm not even going to bother replying really. Iokath is not the star forge, it uses its sun for energy, not resources, Iokath was buiilt by scrapping literally everything in that system, and nowhere is it stated that by taking energy it can produce fleets like the Star Forge.
Oh I read the codex entry about the resource wars in the last paragraph about the Eternal Thrones defeat it basically says the Republic and the Empire are desperate for resources to rebuild. Not a thing is said about the Eternal Throne needing resources and I already told you IOKATH is just like the Star Forge it uses the energy from the star to create the resources needed to assemble Ships Droids and weapons, no resources needed. So stop twisting the truth to fit your agenda. The other stuff on the alliance i have not seen at all. IT doesnt matter though the fleet can be easily replaced by Iokath.

All this was put into play by Bioware for the new expansion sure but the way it is done makes me wonder if the new expansion is rushed Like Nathema will it be worth sticking around for, will it be worth sticking around for that the Alliance is weak and your returning to be commanded by inferior Force users. Sounds like a fun story alright (sarcastic)

You know what would been a better story and brought back many subscribers if they had the yuuzhan vong attack instead of going back to the same ole Sith vs Jedi.

Fallensouls
09.15.2018 , 01:32 PM | #30
[QUOTE=ceryxp;9648534]Maybe you're not a troll, but you're also not correct.

Codex --> Lore --> State of the Galaxy - Resource War
[SPOILER]State of the Galaxy - Resource War
Even before the Eternal Empire's reign, the war between the Republic and Sith Empire created a constant strain on resources. Vital raw materials from planets on both sides were often shipped to the military for use in the war, creating scarcity on Republic and Imperial worlds.

I apprecaite you posting all that but its not needed I read the resource wars codex and the last paragraph does not say Anything about the Eternal Throne needing resources, IT says the Republic and Sith empire need resources desperately to rebuild. I did not see all the Alliance after ward stuff about resources but It does not matter Iokath is like the Star Forge it creates from the power of the star it has within. Allowing them to manufacture the resources needed out of the energy from the star itself. If you do not understand that Look up Star Forge on Wookiepedia for reference.It was in KOTOR ONE and was what Revan used to create a Massive fleet in a very short time frame. And that is why I think that the story line saying the Alliance is weak and done is wrong, if the writers wanted to cut the power away Iokath should have been destroyed instead of the Fleet.