if Darth Maul can return, then so can Mace Windu

Macetheace

You are right but to a degree

People do want to read about their favorite characters, but why bring them back when you could write stories within the timeline that they lived.

As far as creating new chracters, well just look at this game, we have Malgus and Revan as beloved characters

A lot of people like Mara jade and she is pure EU so is Darth Bane

Bring peoe back from the dead is just not way to do things; the emperor, maul and windu should remain on the dead list

And the emperor is my favorite but his death did not mean the darth plagueis book was less entertaining, that book was awesome

Ok I probably should have worded it differently, they don't wanna see the original characters being replaced by a newer guy. But again speaking of comic characters, where they always come back(after some point in time) now in Star Wars...it is sorta similar(just it isn't every character) as Boba still hasn't died even though he should have given he fell into a sarlacc pit 3 times....3 times, and had all sorts of body problems which were fixed with a needle, the same with Luke and Co.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If that's the case than Maul is dead and should never have been able to come back either. The Phantom Menace novel states that Maul died as he fell down the shaft thus making your point about the novels moot.

Thanks for this since I've not read any of the novels.

Seeing as how Maul died in the book, but was then retconned into being alive through the Clone Wars cartoon, the same can be done for Windu.

/thread

Edited by Smashbrother

Thanks for this since I've not read any of the novels.

Seeing as how Maul died in the book, but was then retconned into being alive through the Clone Wars cartoon, the same can be done for Windu.

/thread

To quote myself:
And you still haven't told me how Yoda, Sidious or Vader didn't feel him through the Force and find him. Basically your reasons for bringing him back seem pointless, he wasn't a minor character, he needs no expansion. We know Windu and he has served his purpose.

These are the real problems. Not how realistic his survival was. Bringing major characters back after death is always a bad idea and never works e.g. Palpatine Reborn. Minor characters however, work. Because there is plenty of room for expansion.

To quote myself:

These are the real problems. Not how realistic his survival was. Bringing major characters back after death is always a bad idea and never works e.g. Palpatine Reborn. Minor characters however, work. Because there is plenty of room for expansion.

They didn't find him through the force because there are ways to hide your presence, one of which was utilized by Yoda on Dagobah.

But I would consider Windu a minor char too. Certainly not minor like Maul was, but still not that major.

Edited by Smashbrother

They didn't find him through the force because there are ways to hide your presence, one of which was utilized by Yoda on Dagobah.

But I would consider Windu a minor char too. Certainly not minor like Maul was, but still not that major.

Why would he hide is presence from Yoda, a fellow Jedi? Sure you could say he would have gone into hiding but not before trying to regroup with the other Jedi. And surely he wouldn't just ignore the Empire and the Rebellion. It just doesn't make any sense, nor does it make sense to bring him back.

And no he wasn't a major character as in Anakin, but he still said and did more than Maul and Boba put together.

Every argument that's being used against Windu's return were the same exact ones that were used against the possibility of Darth Maul coming back.

You say that like Maul coming back was a good thing and anything more than a gimmick for 13 year olds.

When Mace shows up as a Force Ghost to any Jedi, then I will accept that he died screaming in agony as he fell from the window in Palpys office.

Didn't Yoda (and then Kenobi) learn that technique from Qui Gon's force ghost - AFTER Windu was already killed?......

Lol, have you seen 'the Lawless'? Maul is awesome - 'nough said.

I've seen a couple episodes featuring him. However "awesome" he is is besides the point, I don't believe in bringing characters back from the dead, it trivializes everything that happened to them prior. It's ****** writing and a blatant gimmick. One that worked for you, apparently.

Edited by Stellatus

I've seen a couple episodes featuring him. However "awesome" he is is besides the point, I don't believe in bringing characters back from the dead, it trivializes everything that happened to them prior. It's ****** writing and a blatant gimmick. One that worked for you, apparently.
And everyone else... I really don't see how making Maul epic and awesome can make at all trivialize him. But you obviously are in no position to comment as you have not see all the episodes.

And everyone else... I really don't see how making Maul epic and awesome can make at all trivialize him. But you obviously are in no position to comment as you have not see all the episodes.

I don't need to subject myself to every episode of a mediocre television show to know that it is mediocre. I'm a writer by trade, and I understand poor writing. Evidently you do not, but I won't hold that against you.

If by "everyone else" you are referring to the show's target audience, well -- that target audience is children and tweens. Not exactly an age bracket known for their refined taste in entertainment or appreciation for good writing.

I don't need to subject myself to every episode of a mediocre television show to know that it is mediocre. I'm a writer by trade, and I understand poor writing. Evidently you do not, but I won't hold that against you.

If by "everyone else" you are referring to the show's target audience, well -- that target audience is children and tweens. Not exactly an age bracket known for their refined taste in entertainment or appreciation for good writing.

Your a writer, that's great - I'm sure it says in your guide to writing: "Don't bring characters back from the dead! Its gimmicky!" But you can't judge the quality of a story purely based on the fact that one character has come back from the dead. That's just silly. And by 'everyone else' I mean all the articles I've read evidently not written by 'tweens' and the general consensus on these very forums.

But again, you haven't watched it so how can you comment?

Why would he hide is presence from Yoda, a fellow Jedi? Sure you could say he would have gone into hiding but not before trying to regroup with the other Jedi. And surely he wouldn't just ignore the Empire and the Rebellion. It just doesn't make any sense, nor does it make sense to bring him back.

And no he wasn't a major character as in Anakin, but he still said and did more than Maul and Boba put together.

Who the hell knows why WIndu would or wouldn't do anything. The writers can make up whatever they want. It made no sense to bring Maul back either, but they did, and it turned out pretty awesome. We discover Maul isn't a one dimensional tool like he seemed in the movie. He's actually quite smart and calculating, and has deep emotions for his brother. The same can be done with Windu, except maybe make him a bad guy or something.

At bolded. I dunno. Maul killed Jinn, which is the main reason why Kenobi decided to master soresu. Boba kidnaps Han, which is pretty important too.

Edited by Smashbrother

No he didn't. The ability that Anakin learned was a Jedi ability that required sacrifice.
Well this is what it says on Wookieepedia:

Darth Vader learned of this ability through Darth Sidious, and upon his death, the spirits of Kenobi and Yoda completed his training by granting him the last step in becoming a spirit. Anakin's spirit appeared as that of his younger self, prior to his fall to the dark side.
*shrug*

• 9 years later...
  • 1 month later...
Count Dooku can return too. Palpatine could have sneaked his head into his robe and got it off Grievous' flagship before it exploded. He might possibly have implanted his head in a preserver and inserted it on a spider droid with two lightsabers attached. He could be severing Palpatine as a Inquisitor for all we know.