A perfect example of the ability delay

Corwingeorge

try mounting and moving forward right when it gets to 0.5/0.5. you will be dismounted every time, you have to wait like another 0.5 seconds till the cast actually goes through. this is a perfect example of the delay that is plaguing combat as a whole but especially ruins pvp.

i could get off a 1 second cast in WOW in less time then a 0.5 second cast in SWTOR.

this was by far my #1 complaint in beta and i was so disappointed that nothing improved come launch.

i will play this game forever if this is fixed.

the video proof requested

Edited by Corwingeorge

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep

This is a game breaking issue

Unfortunately, we'll probably have to wait until 1.1 to see it fixed (not sure it will matter by then, the game might already be in the bargain bin and free to play)

Don't be discouraged by the KOTOR/Star Wars tryhards, who tell you "IT JUST CAME LOL OUT ON A DAY AGO STOP RUSH"; any competitive player recognizes the issue you've brought up as a serious concern

Yep

Unfortunately, we'll probably have to wait until 1.1 to see it fixed (not sure it will matter by then, the game might already be in the bargain bin and free to play)

Don't be discouraged by the KOTOR/Star Wars tryhards, who tell you "IT JUST CAME LOL OUT ON A DAY AGO STOP RUSH"; any competitive player recognizes the issue you've brought up as a serious concern

Clearly, any issue that exists past the 72 hour mark means the game will fail.

Yep

It's been like this forever too. I figured this would be big enough to see in beta, but I guess it's not high priority...which surprises me.

This isn't the first thread I've noticed though, in fact I made one similar to this back on the beta forum I believe. The issue is taking notice so eventually, when it matters, I bet it will get a fix.

The game isn't going to be competitive until another month or so anyway so I would be extremely surprised if it isn't fixed before then.

Edited by Nightrode

Clearly, any issue that exists past the 72 hour mark means the game will fail.

If you plan on being a competitive and a competitive market, a cripling issue such as this will mark as a deterrant when it comes to reviews and peoples oppinion of the game. You have to remember that alot of these issues should have been fixed in Beta (The whole point of it is infact not to test bug to make freatures user friendly and iron out story flaws in this came. If you want bug fixes, talk to Quality Assurance as a whole for their methods of finding bugs).

Also why do you people constantly keep saying its going to fail, most likely it will go free to play if it even remotely goes towards failing and that on its own will have its seperate issues. You have to remember that MMO market is highly competitive and every costumer you loose means less freaguent/or just flat out less future content for the rest of the people playing do to poor returns of investments.

This is a BIG issue for any serious pvpers .... so yeah, actually it concerns a lot of people, despite what you may think!

We are not all Roleplayers or Dungeon-crawlers....

Its not an issue at all since it affects everyone equally. Learn to adapt or be eaten. Sounds like you have been the prey one too many times.

Its not an issue at all since it affects everyone equally. Learn to adapt or be eaten. Sounds like you have been the prey one too many times.

It doesn't affect NPC's in PvE. Considering the heroic modes are actually difficult, every second will count. It's a huge deal.

Do you do anything other than whine on these forums? Cause thats all I see you doing, if you dont like the game then quit.

Yes, actually, I've already gotten to level 50

There's just no one else at 50, so there's not really anything to do in-game; that's why I'm engaging in constructive discussion on the Official Forums, with the aim of improving the game

Yes, actually, I've already gotten to level 50

There's just no one else at 50, so there's not really anything to do in-game; that's why I'm engaging in constructive discussion on the Official Forums, with the aim of improving the game

Calling it constructive is a stretch.

So basically

The game is unfinished? Couldn't agree moreso

They were polishing up the ammount of people on servers to avoid ques and planning out how to get people insert their credit card information without any incident so its all smooth.

Or maybe they were working at how responses feel on moral dilemmas.

Actually now that I think about it, they were probably watching Pinky and the Brain since thats what inquisitorial quest like feels like but thats just me, I'm sure someone will point out Futurama as their choise of humour.

No but this is something that was fixed in wow with gdc's (they allowed last part to be able to cast while setting up another command, such as move so they overlap for a .5 second. I think it was implemented in beta but don't quote me on that, might have been half way trough vanilla) and is caused partly by lag, all other mmo's after wow have had that fixed iirc by default and they are the only one that "requires" an addon for it.

So basically

The game is unfinished? Couldn't agree moreso

You understand that the actual people who work on this bugs have no say in release date, right? Because otherwise you would look like a total moron right now...

A free on top message, but this delay issue is pointless at this time, since every player has the same issue. means no one got any advantage out of it.

so, if this is an issue i don't know from my perspective, since its a summoning time of 0,5 seconds, of you just need 0,6 for mounting so....

The slight delay between me pushing/seeing the button be selected on my action bar and the ability firing is driving me up the wall. The game not being responsive is terrible for me especially as I'm used to reasonably high level PvP in wow where being even 1/10th of a second late can lose you a game.

To be quite frank, since this effects EVERYONE equally, as someone has said before, then it is NOT an issue. It is only an issue for the twitch, PvP centric players who want this game to feel the same as World of Warcraft to them.

The fact of the matter is, this is NOT a re-skinned WoW. It has a completely different game engine, and hence will feel different.

If you don't like the 0.5 second delay, and cannot adapt, then simply play something else. I do not want this game to be brought down to the level which the minority demands and I'm sure I am not alone.

It's the same with the people who complain about the lack of mods or UI customisation. It's the same for everyone, it's fair, there are no crutches. You simply have to learn to play the game as the developer would like the game to be played.

Deal with it.

MERRY CHRISTMAS ONE AND ALL!

Actually, it doesn't. This problem effects melee classes a lot worse than ranged. I played a Vanguard in beta and ***** in PVP with almost no problems at all. As an Operative in live, I still do good in PVP, but it's a lot harder because you can be in melee range on your screen, but the delay causes your moves not to go off sometimes because they would be out of range after the skill delay is taken into effect.